Vassilis Spanoulis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Man, I know it's a small sample, but these euroleague games seem like they'd be way more fun to watch live than the NBA. The whole 'soccer-esque crowd' really compliments the flow of a basketball game.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
      Man, I know it's a small sample, but these euroleague games seem like they'd be way more fun to watch live than the NBA. The whole 'soccer-esque crowd' really compliments the flow of a basketball game.
      I've never seen an NBA game live so I can't compare, but I saw a Euroleague game in Berlin between Alba Berlin and Anadolu Efes, and it was incredible. Anadolu Efes is a very good Turkish team--they had Jordan Farmar and Semih Erden on their roster at the time--and Berlin has an absolutely massive Turkish population. The arena was sold out to its 14,500 person capacity, and it seemed like there were almost as many Efes supporters as Berlin. It was a hard-fought, close game right up until the end. Really great experience, both teams had fan sections doing a variety of memorized chants, and to top it all off my seats were 3rd row baseline and only cost 14€ each.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        Many of the Euro contracts are not taxed as heavily as in the NBA as well, so that widens the gap.

I am not saying he wont come over, I am saying that I doubt Toronto is going to offer him a big enough contract to make him sign on with us to maybe make the playoffs?
        Well do we know the country and tax rate? Canada's economy is actually doing a lot better than many countries in the EU so I'm not sold on your tax statement.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Well do we know the country and tax rate? Canada's economy is actually doing a lot better than many countries in the EU so I'm not sold on your tax statement.
          What is your problem today? I am not a financial analyst, look that up yourself!

I stated why I believe he would not sign here, and it is more than just money....get off it.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            What is your problem today? I am not a financial analyst, look that up yourself!

I stated why I believe he would not sign here, and it is more than just money....get off it.
            Ah sorry for asking you to explain your statement? Not sure what was unreasonable in what I asked.

If he makes more money there, fine. State it. If he's paying more taxes there then fine, how much? How can we take it seriously if such natural follow ups are viewed as offensive?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Ah sorry for asking you to explain your statement? Not sure what was unreasonable in what I asked.

If he makes more money there, fine. State it. If he's paying more taxes there then fine, how much? How can we take it seriously if such natural follow ups are viewed as offensive?
              I think he just got frustrated that you were debating with him. Haha.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                Said Van Gundy about the situation: "(Spanoulis) says, 'I was [Tracy] McGrady back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here,"
                Ooush, burn

Comment

If he'd accept a backup role, I feel like Spanoulis/Stone would be a solid offence/defence PG duo off the bench. Casey could use them situationally.

Comment

Vimsanity wrote: View Post
                    If he'd accept a backup role, I feel like Spanoulis/Stone would be a solid offence/defence PG duo off the bench. Casey could use them situationally.
                    He already signed with Olympiakos 8M EUR for 3 years. Not bad at all.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Google says he made 2.6M Euro in 2012, which is about 3.3M USD. Parker made $4M as a Raptor, and that was 7 years ago. I could see Spanoulis being tempted with a similar $4M/yr contract to come to the NBA. Just not sure if he's worth it though.
                      Contracts of every league in Europe except Spain are listed in net income, not gross income like NBA contracts. So you can take NBA and ACB contracts as gross, but in all other leagues in Europe, they list only the net income.

So that would be 2.6 million euro net income, which is like making $6.8 million a year in the NBA.

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      He already signed with Olympiakos 8M EUR for 3 years. Not bad at all.
                      As far as I know, he only had a meeting with Olympiacos owners. He has not signed with them yet. But the media is claiming he will sign soon. But he did not actually sign anything yet.

Comment

Basilis wrote: View Post
                        Contracts of every league in Europe except Spain are listed in net income, not gross income like NBA contracts. So you can take NBA and ACB contracts as gross, but in all other leagues in Europe, they list only the net income.

So that would be 2.6 million euro net income, which is like making $6.8 million a year in the NBA.
                        I didn't know that. thank you for sharing that information
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Basilis wrote: View Post

As far as I know, he only had a meeting with Olympiacos owners. He has not signed with them yet. But the media is claiming he will sign soon. But he did not actually sign anything yet.
                          The truth is, that Spanoulis agreed with Oly terms, but if Barca can offer him better contract he'll end up with Barca not Oly. Anyway, he told NO to NBA weeks ago, as he wants to have "happy ending" ( ) in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                          X