Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    We'll see
    what do you mean we'll see, were the only team that actually put up a fight with the bruins, most people thought we were done in 5 games, but we took them to game seven OT. except the fact that we game up a four goal lead but your right this leafs group is crazy they could give up 2 goals in the last four minutes of the third*sigh* just like the raptors20 point lead gone in the fourth, then an ot loss by 2 points
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
      I like the leafs chances better now that J-Smoove is on the Pistons but I'm hoping
      lool slow down son, your getting NHL and NBA mixed up xD
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
        what do you mean we'll see, were the only team that actually put up a fight with the bruins, most people thought we were done in 5 games, but we took them to game seven OT. except the fact that we game up a four goal lead but your right this leafs group is crazy they could give up 2 goals in the last four minutes of the third*sigh* just like the raptors20 point lead gone in the fourth, then an ot loss by 2 points
        What do you mean the leafs were the only tteam? chicago did it and actually succeeded.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Kindergarten.....
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Well, you misspelt it.
            Oh, the irony in this statement! hahaha sorry...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              Oh, the irony in this statement! hahaha sorry...
              What's the irony?
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

What's the irony?
                It's "misspelled"... You said the person "misspelt" it.

Comment

It's "misspelled"... You said the person "misspelt" it.
                  i hate to join in on the english lesson....

but "misspelt" is a legitimate variation. it's a strong verb past tense. American english tends to ignore the use of strong verbs, but they are still common place in British english. ie/ Burnt, dreamt, etc.

(i come from a family of english teachers)

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post

but "misspelt" is a legitimate variation. it's a strong verb past tense. American english tends to ignore the use of strong verbs, but they are still common place in British english. ie/ Burnt, dreamt, etc.

Thank you, Heinz.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post

Point taken.

Comment

Point taken.
                        You just got stuffed bro

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          You just got stuffed bro

If I wasn't on the app thingy, I would like that post..

Comment

I wasn't trying to be a dick. I just seized the opportunity, i love hearing jack armstrong say that

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              I wasn't trying to be a dick. I just seized the opportunity, i love hearing jack armstrong say that
                              But, you had every right to be a dick. Cause Guy was trying to be a smart-ass and it back fired.

Comment

I'm not a bandwagoner, but I will support a team that plays a certain way or a player. It has nothing to do with the Raptors because my love for basketball extends well beyond the existence of the Raptors (an advantage of being old I guess). I find myself cheering for Lithuania at the U19 FIBA World Championships because I liked the style the were playing when I turned the game on, does that make me any less of a Raptors fan?. At the end of the day, I want the Raptors to win every game, but I still watch lots of games without them (basically a must if you want to watch the playoffs) and in each of those games I see things that I like that endear me to a player/team.

Sometimes I wonder if it is because age has caught up with me. When I was young, I was die-hard in the sense that cheering for anyone or anything other than my team was blasphemy. But as I have aged, I find I can appreciate other teams/players more. But while the kid me was die-hard, I was also fairly oblivious to the bigger picture and that is enjoying quality basketball.

For me the non-Raptor player I cheered the most was Rasheed Wallace from his Portland to Detroit days. So much talent and I like a bit of edge in a player (ok a lot of edge in his case). I loved those Pistons teams cause they played an old school brand of physical ball and I liked the players (Rip and Billups especially) on the team and I used to cheer for the Blazers in the playoffs to beat the Shaq-Kobe Lakers, mostly because of Sheed but in part because of Arvydas Sabonis. Loved that guy. Anyone who was too drunk to make it to the olympic medal ceremony (1992) and instead partied with the Russian gymnasts gets an A+ in my book. Anyways, while I was still a Raptors fan, the Pistons were legit contenders, so I don't feel that it was in any way a betrayal because those teams weren't really on the same playing field. If the teams faced off, I wanted the Raps to win because the win would mean more to them. Sadly, that rarely happened but I was lucky enough to attend one of their games at the ACC. I wore my Raptors jersey and even though the Raps lost, I was happy because I got to see some of the best basketball in the world in person (plus a Walter Herrmann alley-oop dunk!!)

I used to hate Kobe, but as he has matured on the court I find myself respecting him more. I'm not a Kobe fan, but I enjoy him more now than I ever thought imaginable. I hate LeBron and basically everything about him, but who knows, maybe one day I will allow myself to simply enjoy the most physically gifted athlete in NBA history. Hopefully not.

Here are a few players that I enjoy (for whatever reason) and will have a soft spot for:
                                Russell Westbrook - watched a lot of his rookie season and fell in love with his attacking game and rebounding
                                Jarrett Jack - loved his Georgia Tech days with Bosh and Luke Schenscher - very much wanted us to draft him in the 2nd round
                                Jared Dudley - underappreciated player
                                Steve Nash - obvious appeal
                                Ray Allen - could watch him shoot for hours, plus he's Jesus Shuttlesworth
                                Tim Duncan - so much respect for his game
                                Kevin Love - met him at Subway in Toronto during the preseason his rookie season. He was at the pop machine while Mike Miller and 2 unknown players were paying/ordering subs.

At the end of the day, I love basketball. I have learned to love basketball even more know that I don't play anymore, and as a HS coach, you get a completely different perspective. I do own a Pistons hat, and a couple of old school jerseys (Reggie Miller with the Pacers and Penny Hardaway Magic), but I am a Raptors fan. They are the team that at the end of the day I will support, I will purchase merchandise, I will promote and I will stick with through and through. But quality basketball can be found in lots of places, and it's a shame if you can't appreciate it because of a "fandom".

PS - Greg Poppovich is the most exciting person in the NBA. His interviews are the #1 must-see-TV option in the NBA.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X