GSW and Dwight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSW and Dwight

With Golden State looking to rid themselves of Jefferson, Biedrins and Bogut is there anyway the Raptors can help them and get a pick or picks in the process? If we amnestied Kleiza, used the stretch on Fields and traded Camby to them (they could buy him out) would we be able to take on 2 of them?

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...to-land-Howard

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
      With Golden State looking to rid themselves of Jefferson, Biedrins and Bogut is there anyway the Raptors can help them and get a pick or picks in the process? If we amnestied Kleiza, used the stretch on Fields and traded Camby to them (they could buy him out) would we be able to take on 2 of them?
      I mentioned this in another thread. It would likely have to be as part of a three team deal (I feel like I'm channeling Matt52 circa just before the Rudy Gay trade). Jefferson/Biedrins +picks or young player (barnes/klay) to Raps, Gay to Detroit, trade exception or whatever works to GSW. Haven't put that through the trade machine but something like that may work.

Comment

That's a beauty of a trade. I would want it to go down this way.

To Detriot : Gay
        To Toronto : Barnes, bliedrins and Richardson, 2014 1st Rounder if 1-8 from Detriot or 2016 first round pick.

To Golden State :

Camby

Comment

Actually Quiton Richardson would work instead of Camby

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            I mentioned this in another thread. It would likely have to be as part of a three team deal (I feel like I'm channeling Matt52 circa just before the Rudy Gay trade). Jefferson/Biedrins +picks or young player (barnes/klay) to Raps, Gay to Detroit, trade exception or whatever works to GSW. Haven't put that through the trade machine but something like that may work.
            Detroit can't absorb Rudy's contract. I don't see how a 3 way trade involving raps work without GSW taking back significant salary.

Comment

Core going forward

Ross/JV/Barnes/2014 draft pick

I would look at moving Lowry and DeRozan and future picks for someone like Derrick Favors.

I don't want to tank, but with a trade like that going through I support it.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                Detroit can't absorb Rudy's contract. I don't see how a 3 way trade involving raps work without GSW taking back significant salary.
                You can do a three-way trade with GSW and Toronto where Utah is the third team, since their cap hold for Al Jefferson has vanished following Jefferson's signing with Charlotte. Atlanta can probably manage it too if they think they aren't re-signing Josh Smith.

Comment

I think Detriot has the room. On Hoopshype it has them sitting at 34,000,000 guaranteed salary. They were looking and moving those expiring contacts to Toronto so they could sign another guy like Josh Smith.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                    I think Detriot has the room. On Hoopshype it has them sitting at 34,000,000 guaranteed salary. They were looking and moving those expiring contacts to Toronto so they could sign another guy like Josh Smith.
                    Detroit has about $25 million in cap holds ($10m for Jose, $10m for Corey Maggette and $5m for Jason Maxiell), so until somebody else signs those players, they're technically at $59m for salary cap considerations and can't take on more money voluntarily.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                      You can do a three-way trade with GSW and Toronto where Utah is the third team, since their cap hold for Al Jefferson has vanished following Jefferson's signing with Charlotte. Atlanta can probably manage it too if they think they aren't re-signing Josh Smith.
                      I initially thought Atlanta but realistically teams in pursuit of Dwight won't help other teams looking to make room for Dwight out. Utah becomes an interesting option but then it begs the question if one of Klay or Barnes would be coming to Toronto, why wouldn't Utah just do a straight up trade with Golden state for expirings+Klay or Barnes. If Klay and Barnes wouldn't be involved then this thread is pointless because raptors were already offered a salary dump for gay which was turned down. It's not realistic IMO.

Comment

I initially thought Atlanta but realistically teams in pursuit of Dwight won't help other teams looking to make room for Dwight out. Utah becomes an interesting option but then it begs the question if one of Klay or Barnes would be coming to Toronto, why wouldn't Utah just do a straight up trade with Golden state for expirings+Klay or Barnes. If Klay and Barnes wouldn't be involved then this thread is pointless because raptors were already offered a salary dump for gay which was turned down. It's not realistic IMO.
                        The three-team trade idea worked if LA wanted a sizable asset like Gay in exchange for Dwight leaving. It doesn't really work for GSW/Utah unless what we're doing is dumping Gay for simple expirings + 2014 first-round picks from both teams, which isn't the best return. It also doesn't help that we don't know if Utah is planning to tank or compete this year.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                          The three-team trade idea worked if LA wanted a sizable asset like Gay in exchange for Dwight leaving. It doesn't really work for GSW/Utah unless what we're doing is dumping Gay for simple expirings + 2014 first-round picks from both teams, which isn't the best return. It also doesn't help that we don't know if Utah is planning to tank or compete this year.
                          LA is probably the last team to want Gay. Keep in mind they are so far over the tax they essentially pay contracts(x4). 18 million dollar overpaid Rudy Gay becomes 72 million dollar Rudy gay. If they're not getting back young cheap assets or expiring contracts, don't expect lakers to be involved in S&T.

Comment

Detroit already traded their 2014 1st so that's great that you think it a beauty but its not possible regardless of what you want it to go down like...
                            Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

Iggy to GSW, 4 year @ 48 million = Dwight to Houston or L.A.

Comment

Working...
                              X