Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: GSW and Dwight

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I never really thought they had a chance at Dwight Howard. They didn't have anything that would propell them into a championship.
    Now, before anyone gets carried away, just a general thought, not Toronto-related, but doesn't anyone else feel like Dallas might consider tanking this year, even to the extent of trading Dirk?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Dirk intends to Retire in Dallas.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    I didn't say he wouldn't

I mean. He's a 22 million expiring contract on top of being an elite player. There's no reason he couldn't be traded for a good package, and then go back to Dallas as a free agent. As long as they don't get caught for collusion.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the positive press!!!
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Now, before anyone gets carried away, just a general thought, not Toronto-related, but doesn't anyone else feel like Dallas might consider tanking this year, even to the extent of trading Dirk?
    It's up in the air, but I still doubt it. Dallas' entire raison d'etre is "buy players to surround Dirk" and Dirk is a Maverick for life - he and Cuban are close friends. Dallas can buy a bunch of free agents again and instantly contend: let's say Jeff Teague, Jarrett Jack and JJ Hickson, and maybe they unload Shawn Marion's expiring contract to a tanking team for a second-rounder or two, and maybe they roll the dice on one year of Andrew Bynum, and you've got a starting lineup of Teague/Jack/Dirk/Bynum/Hickson with Vince Carter as a sixth man, Gal Mekel, Ricky Ledo, Shane Larkin and Jae Crowder on the bench. If Bynum is healthy, that's a playoff contender right there - maybe only second round tops in a year where Houston likely has a megateam, Golden State right behind them, with San Antonio and OKC coming back at full strength and Memphis still in the mix, but still, good odds.

Dallas nearly made playoffs this year and that was with total crap. Don't underestimate them. They have lots of money free and Cuban's willing to go into the tax.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't say he wouldn't

I mean. He's a 22 million expiring contract on top of being an elite player. There's no reason he couldn't be traded for a good package, and then go back to Dallas as a free agent. As long as they don't get caught for collusion.
    He intends to resign w/ Dallas after 2014 @ a lower salary and make a final push w/ another all star pickup.

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure if this is new thread worthy so I'll put it here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>FWIW, was just told FA pg Jose Calderon has interest in LAL, but is waiting to see if DH re-signs. Teams, FA&#39;s, &amp; fans waiting for decision</p>&mdash; Jabari A. Davis (@JabariDavisNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/JabariDavisNBA/statuses/352934609920589824">July 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt he's going. Him and Pau have played together for ages and they know each other well

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote connected wrote: View Post
    not sure if this is new thread worthy so I'll put it here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>FWIW, was just told FA pg Jose Calderon has interest in LAL, but is waiting to see if DH re-signs. Teams, FA's, & fans waiting for decision</p>— Jabari A. Davis (@JabariDavisNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/JabariDavisNBA/statuses/352934609920589824">July 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Given that Asik has said he would rather be traded than play with Dwight and that Houston and Atlanta are already discussing a sign-and-trade for Josh Smith (which you think has to include Asik at this point), I wouldn't be surprised to see Lin/Asik sent to Atlanta for Smith and then Houston signs Jose.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    I am more than aware of how the media plays shit up, but I make my judgement upon actual actions or non-actions, however the media paints it or plays it up too much. I don"t have the apparent intimate knowledge you have of Dwight"s mind, but if a guy doesn"t want attention, he could have handled just about all of this differently, including not announcing he was going to a hide-away to contemplate his decision. Just fn go, no need to make a splash about it!! And I don"t care, if by some measure of yours, LeBron is a bigger drama queen or not. I couldn"t give a damn how he grades against LeBron, the topic is Dwightmare 2.0
    He made a mistake last year as to where he wanted to go and didn't handle it well. It stirred up some drama with fans especially Magic fans. He even admitted it. This year he has handled it a lot better. No stirring up drama and shit. He met with all the teams he was interested and made a decision. All the drama with respect to the "billboards", "restaurant giving him free chicken wings" and "talk shows" are completely out of his control. If that's what these people want to do to attract Howard to their respective cities, that's their action/decision not Howard. They are stirring the drama and creating it, not Howard. He handled this free agency a lot better. I can understand why people called it "Dwightmare" last year especially since he couldn't handle it properly but in no way is this "Dwightmare 2.0". He handled it much better; quick, simple and to the point. No bullshit and drama...

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if they will trade Dirk but they might try to tank this year and go for a late lotto pick. They are probably gonna lose Mayo and they don't have cast to really go to the playoffs especially in the west. Dirk is getting injured and on the decline. VC is way past his prime. So I think it's time to tank. Just not sure if Cuban is willing to put his ego aside, trade Dirk and tank

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

has any general manager gone from looking like a lunatic to a genius in such a short span (two years). Remember when Morey was making all those crazy draft pick trades? I guess he read the tea leaves right

13. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt he's going. Him and Pau have played together for ages and they know each other well
    Doubt it! Firstly, Lakers ain't winning anything for another 6-7 years. Pau is not gonna stay a Laker for long. I can see them trading him next season or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    has any general manager gone from looking like a lunatic to a genius in such a short span (two years). Remember when Morey was making all those crazy draft pick trades? I guess he read the tea leaves right
    Houston is still a farcry from being a major championship contender. If they do trade Asik and Lin to do a sign and trade for Josh Smith, their lineup would look like this:

PG: Beverley/Canaan
    SG: Harden/Anderson
    SF: Parsons/Jones
    PF: J. Smith/Motiejunas
    C: Howard/G. Smith

This isn't necessary a championship team. They have very good pieces but they wouldn't have anyone at the point. Do you really want Beverley ruining this team? I guess you can say that you can have Harden at the point but then that leaves a very big hole at SG. You would have no one who can really shoot outside of Harden and Parsons. Do you really want Smith getting the green light taking as many jumpers as he can? They would have 3 All-Star calibre players, but a very small supporting cast. I don't think they are winning a championship next year. Playoffs is guaranteed, but they are still a couple pieces away from contending. The offseason is still young. It would be interesting if they could get Calderon, but I'm not 100% sure about their cap situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Just because Dirk intends to retire in Dallas, doesn't mean that that is what will actually happen.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Doubt it! Firstly, Lakers ain't winning anything for another 6-7 years. Pau is not gonna stay a Laker for long. I can see them trading him next season or so.
    Yeah, I agree. They better appreciate his last days here... the trade talk will start back up once the season gets going. Lakers fans don't want to see him go, but he's one of their few semi-valuable trade assets at this point. The rebuild is imminent with Kobe and Nash retiring soon, so they gotta start somewhere.

Btw, does this mean the Lakers start Sacre at center??
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Thread Information