Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Target Ty Lawson? What would it take?

Raptors Republic All-Star lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I was born in Toronto kiddo. Torontonians aren't much different from us people from the GTA, you're acting like you live in compton. Like my friend who thinks Hamilton is ghetto
    first of all- i was born in the GTA i live in toronto
    second of all- in not a kiddo
    third of all- Hamilton is not ghetto your friends not blessed

lastly- aren't we the same age??
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Fri Jul 5th, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    first of all- i was born in the GTA i live in toronto
    second of all- in not a kiddo
    third of all- Hamilton is not ghetto your friends not blessed

lastly- aren't we the same age??
    Nope. I'm turning 17 next month
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ab7 wrote: View Post
    Well I am french second I was typing on my phone third u understand didn u whats the point of ur stupid question *** why english peeps always have to be condescendent ***
    You don't know condescending until you're an anglophone living in Quebec. It's fuckin brutal man.

Post Thanks / Like

I was born in Toronto kiddo. Torontonians aren't much different from us people from the GTA, you're acting like you live in compton. Like my friend who thinks Hamilton is ghetto
    I live in Hamilton. It is ghetto..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

i'd feel bad for your children but............ :P
    Woah! children? Slow your roll..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

17 years of age is nothing but a child.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

No to Lawson. He's great in transition and the open court which makes him a great fit in Denver's run and gun offense. But at the end of the day, he's an undersized, scoring pg who relies heavily on his speed to produce. I don't think DC's going for a run and gun offense here in TO. And if we're putting emphasis on defense, then Lawson- who's barely 5 11- definitely doesn't fit the bill. Although Lowry is technically undersized as well, he's still bigger, a better defender and has better PG skills than Lawson.

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In other news, it looks like Jose has signed a four year deal with Dallas. Good for him, he gets some stability for his career. Not sure what the numbers are yet, but its good to see him find a home again.

Edit: Here's the source

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=427089
    Last edited by Fuchan; Fri Jul 5th, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    In other news, it looks like Jose has signed a four year deal with Dallas. Good for him, he gets some stability for his career. Not sure what the numbers are yet, but its good to see him find a home again.

Edit: Here's the source

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=427089
    Haha. Man, you can't just hi-jack a thread like that..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    17 years of age is nothing but a child.
    Says the drunkmunky
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Says the drunkmunky
    It's true, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    It's true, though.
    says LBF

Post Thanks / Like

says LBF
    I'm older than you and I'm still a kid-ish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pong wrote: View Post
    No to Lawson. He's great in transition and the open court which makes him a great fit in Denver's run and gun offense. But at the end of the day, he's an undersized, scoring pg who relies heavily on his speed to produce. I don't think DC's going for a run and gun offense here in TO. And if we're putting emphasis on defense, then Lawson- who's barely 5 11- definitely doesn't fit the bill. Although Lowry is technically undersized as well, he's still bigger, a better defender and has better PG skills than Lawson.
    He should be though. Lowry, Derozan, Rudy, Amir, JV, ROSS(!!!) are all guys who love to get out in the open floor, and it's pretty exciting when they do. Like, why do we run the slowest offence when the entire core of our team is 26 and under and all extremely athletic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    He should be though. Lowry, Derozan, Rudy, Amir, JV, ROSS(!!!) are all guys who love to get out in the open floor, and it's pretty exciting when they do. Like, why do we run the slowest offence when the entire core of our team is 26 and under and all extremely athletic.
    Not knocking the guy, but,,,,,, because Lowry is not a Nash

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that we don't have the personal to run the floor. It's our coaching system. DC has always been preaching "playoff basketball" which is more of your half court offense and defensive focus. They'll run when the situation asks for it, but they aren't gunning it every possession like Nuggets.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I want Ty Lawson, but Ty Lawson has a long-term contract at a rate many considered reasonable. Not only has he shown that he's on a trajectory to justify that rate, but perhaps even exceed the value provided for the salary. Unless the Nuggets decide to blow everything up like Philly, it's hard to see them giving up Ty Lawson under any circumstance.

Raptors Republic All-Star lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Woah! children? Slow your roll..
    looool i thought you'd be old like 25 x 10
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, Ty Lawson is a pipe dream. As the dust settles, I'm still hoping for a Derozan / Lowry for a Smith / Teague thing to happen. I know - yet another pipe dream. I do think that Josh Smith needs to grow up and has been a bust in the playoffs. His skill set as a mobile 3/4 is tantalizing though. That said, he may find himself somewhere in Dallas anyway.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

looool i thought you'd be old like 25 x 10
    WHAT?? You thought I was 250!!!?

Thread Information