Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 years of age is nothing but a child.

Comment

No to Lawson. He's great in transition and the open court which makes him a great fit in Denver's run and gun offense. But at the end of the day, he's an undersized, scoring pg who relies heavily on his speed to produce. I don't think DC's going for a run and gun offense here in TO. And if we're putting emphasis on defense, then Lawson- who's barely 5 11- definitely doesn't fit the bill. Although Lowry is technically undersized as well, he's still bigger, a better defender and has better PG skills than Lawson.

Comment

In other news, it looks like Jose has signed a four year deal with Dallas. Good for him, he gets some stability for his career. Not sure what the numbers are yet, but its good to see him find a home again.

Edit: Here's the source

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=427089
        Last edited by Fuchan; Fri Jul 5, 2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
          In other news, it looks like Jose has signed a four year deal with Dallas. Good for him, he gets some stability for his career. Not sure what the numbers are yet, but its good to see him find a home again.

Edit: Here's the source

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=427089
          Haha. Man, you can't just hi-jack a thread like that..
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
            17 years of age is nothing but a child.
            Says the drunkmunky

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Says the drunkmunky
              It's true, though.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                It's true, though.
                says LBF

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  says LBF
                  I'm older than you and I'm still a kid-ish

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                    No to Lawson. He's great in transition and the open court which makes him a great fit in Denver's run and gun offense. But at the end of the day, he's an undersized, scoring pg who relies heavily on his speed to produce. I don't think DC's going for a run and gun offense here in TO. And if we're putting emphasis on defense, then Lawson- who's barely 5 11- definitely doesn't fit the bill. Although Lowry is technically undersized as well, he's still bigger, a better defender and has better PG skills than Lawson.
                    He should be though. Lowry, Derozan, Rudy, Amir, JV, ROSS(!!!) are all guys who love to get out in the open floor, and it's pretty exciting when they do. Like, why do we run the slowest offence when the entire core of our team is 26 and under and all extremely athletic.
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      He should be though. Lowry, Derozan, Rudy, Amir, JV, ROSS(!!!) are all guys who love to get out in the open floor, and it's pretty exciting when they do. Like, why do we run the slowest offence when the entire core of our team is 26 and under and all extremely athletic.
                      Not knocking the guy, but,,,,,, because Lowry is not a Nash

Comment

It's not that we don't have the personal to run the floor. It's our coaching system. DC has always been preaching "playoff basketball" which is more of your half court offense and defensive focus. They'll run when the situation asks for it, but they aren't gunning it every possession like Nuggets.

Comment

Of course I want Ty Lawson, but Ty Lawson has a long-term contract at a rate many considered reasonable. Not only has he shown that he's on a trajectory to justify that rate, but perhaps even exceed the value provided for the salary. Unless the Nuggets decide to blow everything up like Philly, it's hard to see them giving up Ty Lawson under any circumstance.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            Woah! children? Slow your roll..
                            looool i thought you'd be old like 25 x 10
                            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Hmm, Ty Lawson is a pipe dream. As the dust settles, I'm still hoping for a Derozan / Lowry for a Smith / Teague thing to happen. I know - yet another pipe dream. I do think that Josh Smith needs to grow up and has been a bust in the playoffs. His skill set as a mobile 3/4 is tantalizing though. That said, he may find himself somewhere in Dallas anyway.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                                looool i thought you'd be old like 25 x 10
                                WHAT?? You thought I was 250!!!?

Comment

Working...
                                X