View Poll Results: What should the Raptors do with Camby?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy him out right away because we don't want any trouble

1 3.57%
  • Trade him immediately because we don't want any trouble

6 21.43%
  • Wait for the best offer to come along and tell him to shut it

16 57.14%
  • Tell him no, we're not trading you or buying you out, so retire and report

5 17.86%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Camby saga - buyout details in post #100

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Asik is due to make 5 million this season but his salary jumps to 15 million in 2014-15.
    Last edited by stretch; Sat Jul 6th, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell him to retire

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I as well posted on the main page...this is a power play and a heist....and I am having a DeNiro moment...Masai should have Leiweke give his agent a call and give him the facts about what "blackballin" really means.
    Tell him, to retire if he doesn't want to play. I think he could be usefull, but it is Masais job to build a franchaise, a championship not mess around with this type of response from a 39 year old pro.
    Play, you get payed, don't play, you don't get payed.
    Bet he won't take a 50% paycut to help with the trade.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    What if no team wants him after we buy him out? Does that mean he's out of a job and should retire?
    I heard an interesting expression a while back that might be relevant:
    Who gives a f...k.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Sure, if you think that would be useful. I'd rather him just watch Sabonis tape. Sabonis isn't doing too much these days, while Olajuwon has devoted his time to teaching young big men. There's something to be said about learning from an expert vs learning from an expert who has spent the last 7 years training others.
    Don't you wish Olajuwon was that helpful (willing to work with young bigs) while in To. SOB couldn't wait to take money & get out of To. Yes I know he had some back issues, but I don't think that should have prevented him from earning his contract by working/helping team in other ways.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    With Howard going to Houston, and Asik wanting out.. I wonder if Houston would be interested in Camby. They love their bigs, and they would need depth there especially if Asik is moved.

Novak is also a great floor spacer for Howard as well.

Novak+Camby for Asik?

Asik would be a great addition to the Raptors front court, but would he hurt JV's development? He would also have a large expiring contract next season.
    I'd be in favour of this. I don't know about Houston. Then again keeping clearly unhappy & very well paid (15 mil next season) Asik is not a great idea. Novak (an excellent outside shooter) is a perfect compliment for DH. Novak is somewhat similar to Ryan Anderson (and a lot cheaper).

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    I guess he's still mad at the raptors for trading him for oak. Alonzo 2.0. I expected more from him, I thought he would be gracious enough to play a player-assistant coach type of role like juwan howard, since his career started here. maybe he could mentor jonas defensively.

at least we still have novak, who's happy to be here, and is guaranteed to be of use. ship this bums ass outta here for 2nd round picks. we don't need him.
    Babcock should have made Mourning show up and pass physical to get paid. Rob Babcock had no balls. I am hoping Masai will play hardball with Camby. The tone Masai sets is crucial in my opinion.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    So he can teach perimeter players some post up game.

How did it go for Howard who trained with him in 2010 and 2011? Still no post game to speak of and his PPP started to fall starting in 2010-11 season.

I'm not questioning Hakeem's abilities. My only point is Sabonis is one of the greatest to ever play the game and is no slouch. If I were a young player, I'd be ecstatic to work with either.
    I'm not questioning Sabonis' abilities either. Also, Valanciunas has already spent time with Sabonis. Doesn't hurt to learn from another legend. Dwight Howard's always had no offensive ability other than dunking.. until he loses some of his hop he'll never learn.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I'm not questioning Sabonis' abilities either. Also, Valanciunas has already spent time with Sabonis. Doesn't hurt to learn from another legend. Dwight Howard's always had no offensive ability other than dunking.. until he loses some of his hop he'll never learn.
    Good point.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    ... Novak is somewhat similar to Ryan Anderson (and a lot cheaper).
    Oh my God, no. I think so many people are so ecstatic that Bargnani is gone that they've overrated Novak way too much. Ryan Anderson is far superior to Novak. Hell, even Bargnani, skills-wise (aka, as a player in a vacuum, not for the role he had to play) is better than Novak. For example, for all the crap we gave Bargnani, Novak rebounds even worse. When people say Novak literally shoots threes and nothing else, they mean literally.

On topic, though, in a perfect world, Masai would hardball the hell out of Camby. And maybe I'm just so ecstatic Colangelo is gone that I've overrated Masai and been deluded into thinking he just might.
    Last edited by TRX; Sun Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is way better than Novak as far as ability..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Ability shmability

12. Like Nilanka, Bendit, enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad he doesn't use that ability

Post Thanks / Like

Added a poll based on the main ideas expressed so far in here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Too bad he doesn't use that ability
    Yeah, it is actually a real shame..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@MySportsLegion: The Heat are interested in trading for Marcus Camby if they fail to resign the Birdman.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    @MySportsLegion: The Heat are interested in trading for Marcus Camby if they fail to resign the Birdman.
    The only thing salary wise and logically that seems to makes sense is Joel Anthony.

He is going to give you an extra year and $2.8M in salary for 2014-15 - assumption he picks up his player option.

Any first round picks coming back?

Miami's 2015 is going to Cleveland.

They have Philly's 2014 top 14 protected - so yeah.

I'm not sure on the rules if they can trade their own 2014 pick to Toronto. You can't go 2 years in a row without a pick but with all the protections - namely Philly's pick - I'm not sure if they would be able to.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The only thing salary wise and logically that seems to makes sense is Joel Anthony.

He is going to give you an extra year and $2.8M in salary for 2014-15 - assumption he picks up his player option.

Any first round picks coming back?

Miami's 2015 is going to Cleveland.

They have Philly's 2014 top 14 protected - so yeah.

I'm not sure on the rules if they can trade their own 2014 pick to Toronto. You can't go 2 years in a row without a pick but with all the protections - namely Philly's pick - I'm not sure if they would be able to.
    Make it conditional, something like... if 2014 Philly's pick goes to Miami, Miami's 2014 goes to Toronto. If Philly retains their 2014 pick, Miami's 2017 pick and 2014 second-rounder go to Toronto. I think that would satisfy league conditions.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

]Bargnani is actually better than a lot of players in the league if we are talking about what he could do but we live in reality here, and what he is, is a 7 foot soft, injury prone blackhole chucking 3s all game that stays away from the paint like its hot lava.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    ]Bargnani is actually better than a lot of players in the league if we are talking about what he could do but we live in reality here, and what he is, is a 7 foot soft, injury prone blackhole chucking 3s all game that stays away from the paint like its hot lava.
    I'm not defending the guy, believe me. I'm just trying to say don't expect much from Novak..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not defending the guy, believe me. I'm just trying to say don't expect much from Novak..
    I've said it before and I will say it again. If anyone expects ANYTHING more than elite 3pt shooting and porous defense out of Novak please speak now so we can correct you. The best thing about Novak, is you know EXACTLY what you are getting. I ranted a few weeks back about how I am sick of potential and would love to have more known quantities, or more players that you know exactly what you are getting and can plan around.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information