Camby saga - buyout details in post #100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think you are over valuing Hakeem's sessions with others and undervaluing Sabonis' knowledge.

Sabonis works very closely with the Lithuanian national team and JV.
    As I said, knowledge is one thing, teaching is another. I think you're overvaluing Sabonis' impact on the Lithuanian NBA players.

I've seen and read both Kobe and Lebron both credit Olajuwon for developing their post-game. When JV shows up with a ring and credits Sabonis, I'll be a believer.

Anyway, Camby is a tough position and I don't think he'll be able to back up when he's saying. Not that he's really said anything.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

aaron.in.toronto wrote: View Post
      Maybe you mean amnesty does not count but that doesn't apply to him, obviously it counts against the cap or teams would use it to get out of contracts all the time, what are you smoking?
      Well, you can't just "buy out" a player without both parties consenting, and I think there are very few examples where both parties are incentivized to do a buy out, although this might just be one such case.

If teams could force a buy out, then yeah, they'd be buying out bad contracts all the time.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        As I said, knowledge is one thing, teaching is another. I think you're overvaluing Sabonis' impact on the Lithuanian NBA players.

I've seen and read both Kobe and Lebron both credit Olajuwon for developing their post-game. When JV shows up with a ring and credits Sabonis, I'll be a believer.

Anyway, Camby is a tough position and I don't think he'll be able to back up when he's saying. Not that he's really said anything.
        So he can teach perimeter players some post up game.

How did it go for Howard who trained with him in 2010 and 2011? Still no post game to speak of and his PPP started to fall starting in 2010-11 season.

I'm not questioning Hakeem's abilities. My only point is Sabonis is one of the greatest to ever play the game and is no slouch. If I were a young player, I'd be ecstatic to work with either.

And Camby is a dipshit.

Comment

An up side is that Camby's agent, if he is good, will be looking for trade alternatives besides the buy out so that his selfish effing client can go to another team while satisfying Masai.

Comment

One doesn't have to be a pro athlete or an agent to really understand what he needs to do. He sat at the end of the bench of a Knicks team that was destined to make the playoffs. He really thinks Miami is going to come and call just like that? Personally, if I were him, I'd work my tail off for the Raps to be the # 1 big man back-up to showcase my skill. Why wouldn't he just do that? My estimation is that he really doesn't care whether he plays another minute of ball in a contending team. He just wants to "Juwan" it. You know, ride the pine, be a practice dummy, get a ring.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

With Howard going to Houston, and Asik wanting out.. I wonder if Houston would be interested in Camby. They love their bigs, and they would need depth there especially if Asik is moved.

Novak is also a great floor spacer for Howard as well.

Novak+Camby for Asik?

Asik would be a great addition to the Raptors front court, but would he hurt JV's development? He would also have a large expiring contract next season.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                With Howard going to Houston, and Asik wanting out.. I wonder if Houston would be interested in Camby. They love their bigs, and they would need depth there especially if Asik is moved.

Novak+Camby for Asik?

Asik would be a great addition to the Raptors front court, but would he hurt JV's development? He would also have a large expiring contract next season.
                It is with their love for big men that keeps Asik (and Lin) in Houston. Morey is a smart man and wouldn't want to thin out his bench. Camby will suit up. At the tail end of his career, would he really want to leave all that money behind? If so, he's dumber than a nail.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  It is with their love for big men that keeps Asik (and Lin) in Houston. Morey is a smart man and wouldn't want to thin out his bench. Camby will suit up. At the tail end of his career, would he really want to leave all that money behind? If so, he's dumber than a nail.
                  It all is relative though. He has made around $120M in his career.

Comment

Novak+Camby for Asik?

Novak and Camby can't be dealt together (or with anyone else) until September 10.

Regarding Asik, I doubt the Raptors want him due to JV. I doubt he would be happy with that considering he reportedly now wants out of Houston. I'd be looking to be the third team in any Asik deal. Get a pick or prospect for Camby.

The reality is though, I can't see Camby having much value at $4.3M per year. Minimum contract, yes. $4.3M, no.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      Novak suuucks so hard! Guy can drill an open 3 9/10 times. That's it.
                      raps needed a pure spot up shooter who would just catch and shoot. novak is that guy. im fine with that as long as he doesnt start dribbling like jason crapono. raps best 3 pointer/s were andersen and lucas, who when they hit shots think they're kobe for the rest of the game.

Comment

Asik is due to make 5 million this season but his salary jumps to 15 million in 2014-15.
                        Last edited by stretch; Sat Jul 6, 2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Tell him to retire

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          I as well posted on the main page...this is a power play and a heist....and I am having a DeNiro moment...Masai should have Leiweke give his agent a call and give him the facts about what "blackballin" really means.
                          Tell him, to retire if he doesn't want to play. I think he could be usefull, but it is Masais job to build a franchaise, a championship not mess around with this type of response from a 39 year old pro.
                          Play, you get payed, don't play, you don't get payed.
                          Bet he won't take a 50% paycut to help with the trade.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            What if no team wants him after we buy him out? Does that mean he's out of a job and should retire?
                            I heard an interesting expression a while back that might be relevant:
                            Who gives a f...k.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              Sure, if you think that would be useful. I'd rather him just watch Sabonis tape. Sabonis isn't doing too much these days, while Olajuwon has devoted his time to teaching young big men. There's something to be said about learning from an expert vs learning from an expert who has spent the last 7 years training others.
                              Don't you wish Olajuwon was that helpful (willing to work with young bigs) while in To. SOB couldn't wait to take money & get out of To. Yes I know he had some back issues, but I don't think that should have prevented him from earning his contract by working/helping team in other ways.

Comment

Novak+Camby for Asik?

I'd be in favour of this. I don't know about Houston. Then again keeping clearly unhappy & very well paid (15 mil next season) Asik is not a great idea. Novak (an excellent outside shooter) is a perfect compliment for DH. Novak is somewhat similar to Ryan Anderson (and a lot cheaper).

Comment

Working...
                                X