Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gooden being bought out, Raptors a good fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gooden being bought out, Raptors a good fit?

After getting traded to the Wizards, it appears Drew Gooden’s career in Washington is over before it even began. On his eighth team in eight seasons, League sources have told SI.com that he is in the process of negotiating a buyout and not interested in playing for the Wizards. While an NBA source says that if bought out, Gooden will wait the league-mandated 30 days and return to the Mavs, here are five teams that should make a play and use Gooden right now.
    3. Toronto Raptors
    I’m sorry Raptors fans, but your front court is kind of thin. Behind Chris Bosh’s 11.4 rebounds per game, their next highest guy is Andrea Bargnani at 6.2. In the thick of the playoff chase in the Eastern Conference, adding Gooden could only help their chances as they face the front lines of Cleveland, Orlando and Boston. At the very least, he brings a toughness that they lack.
    DimeMag.com

Thoughts?

Gooden would eat a lot of Evans' and Johnson's time. Who knows if Amir is even coming back at the end of the season so his development shouldn't take priority over being as competitive as possible. Evans is the type of guy who can sit for long stretches and still come in and make an impact. I think they should give Drew a call and see what happens. Even if its only a half season rental he's a good investment for the playoffs.

DimeMag.com wrote:
    I’m sorry Raptors fans, but your front court is kind of thin. Behind Chris Bosh’s 11.4 rebounds per game, their next highest guy is Andrea Bargnani at 6.2. In the thick of the playoff chase in the Eastern Conference, adding Gooden could only help their chances as they face the front lines of Cleveland, Orlando and Boston. At the very least, he brings a toughness that they lack.
    Since when was Drew F'in Gooden considered tough?!? Last time I heard he was the softest of the soft at the PF position...

Again.... Rebounding? Scoring? YES.... Toughness?!? HELLS NO. Unless he turned 180 degrees since I last watched him (admittedly a year ago), he'd instantly be in the running for our WORST post defender...

If I HAD to compare this guy to another big in this league I would call him "a Poor man's David Lee". Sound tough??
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Dime Magazine apparently don't know what they are talking about. Gooden is a good rebounder, and can score in the post, but the Raptors cannot afford to have a big man like him who is such a poor defender. Besides, Johnson and Evans bring just as much rebounding, but are better defenders. The fact that he's on his 8th team in 8 seasons doesn't set off any warning bells? Maybe there's a reason for that?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I wouldn't even consider him until we know for a fact that he's shaved off that ridiculous patch of hair he had growing on the back of his neck or something. And even then, NO. Drew Gooden is not the answer. Just call him "Drew Couldn't."
        http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

LOL, well I've heard enough. Forget I even mentioned it.

Comment

Drew Gooden was a Washington Wizard long enough to have a cup of coffee before he got traded last night to the Clips.

It's unlikely the Clips will buy-out his contract.
            RR OG

Comment

Gooden negotiating buyout
              League sources told SI.com on Tuesday that newly acquired forward Drew Gooden is in the process of negotiating a buyout with the Wizards.
              Gooden, who was part of the seven-player deal that sent Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood to Dallas, is not interested in playing for the Wizards, sources say.
              An NBA source says that if Gooden is bought out, he will wait the
              SI.com

Comment

Working...
              X