Jose Calderon off to Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Calderon off to Dallas

Just wanted to give a shout out to Jose on his brand new 4 year/$29 million contract with the Mavs, some still miss you around these parts. BTW what do you guys think of this contract? Do you think it's a reflection of his value around the league or Mark Cuban being the billionaire that he is?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ording-sources

Good on Jose! That"s about his value right now.

Comment

Wish nothing but the best for Jose, wherever he may be. Good for him.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Just sad to see him not being on a championship team. Dude is easily one of the classiest athlete in the NBA. He deserves a chance at the ring even though it doesn't work that way in the NBA.

Comment

I'm really happy for him. He deserves it! (Although I don't think any man on earth ''deserves'' to get paid more than 8M/Yr)

As for the championship thing, he's still young, who knows what can happen between now and 2017? And also after

Comment

wow, never thought id see jose and dirk play togather.
            LOOOL there fighting for the oldest line up in the league, watch out can San Antonio you got competition
            Last edited by lilmamba_; Sat Jul 6, 2013, 06:17 AM.
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Mavs did this to piss Houston off.

Comment

It depends how the deal is structured... 4 years at 7.25 is probably fair market, but if the last year is only partially guaranteed, or non-guaranteed and/or the contact is front loaded then it's a pretty good-great deal. Anyone know the dets' on this one?

They certainly aren't MASSIVELY over paying him.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  It depends how the deal is structured... 4 years at 7.25 is probably fair market, but if the last year is only partially guaranteed, or non-guaranteed and/or the contact is front loaded then it's a pretty good-great deal. Anyone know the dets' on this one?

They certainly aren't MASSIVELY over paying him.
                  I read that it was a fully guaranteed deal.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                    wow, never thought id see jose and dirk play togather.
                    LOOOL there fighting for the oldest line up in the league, watch out can San Antonio you got competition
                    Knicks.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                    X