Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Trade for Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson!

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Trade for Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson!

    With the Warriors signing Iggy. I would imagine one of Barnes or Thompson is available. Unless they want to play small ball. And use Barnes as a 4. Not a good idea IMO.

    So how about DeRozan + Lowry for Klay?

    Should be an enticing offer for GSW specially is they lose Jack.

    Or how about a 3 team trade involving Gay and Barnes?

    I'd trade ANY player on this team except JV to get either Klay or Barnes.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You want to trade away the proven Gay for the unproven Thompson or Barnes?

    I like those guys. But..maybe, a bit risk-a.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    both of those players are one-dimensional shooters. Klay thompson doesn't really do anything else well. Although Barnes has potential to be better on both ends
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At this point the Warriors have $20m in trade exceptions after the Utah trade, so they can go over the cap in a trade deal. But they're looking for quality bigs, which is exactly what we DON'T want to trade. (Well, Aaron Gray, but he's not what they're looking for.)

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quick answer to this thread:
    1)We only have wings to offer which Golden State doesn't need otherwise this thread wouldn't exist
    2) involving a 3rd team likely wouldn't work as in most scenarios it would make more sense for the 3rd team to trade straight up for Klay/Barnes, than to involve raptors.

    Don't see any deal to be made here.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No. Not unless they're given to us for free lol

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rudy and Barnes are similar in a lot of ways, legit SFs with great athleticism and the ability to hit the three. Both have All-Star potential. Rudy is clutch, but Barnes is younger/way cheaper.

    I dont think GS has any reason to want to trade either of Barnes or Thompson now though...

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Awwww cheaaa I'm a fuckin Starter now, thats so metal \m/

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And also, why wouldn't they just bring Barnes in off the bench? I mean, who the hell wouldn't want Iggy as their starter and Barnes as the back-up SF? That's a fucking tight rotation, hardly even need a 3rd stringer lol

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,007
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thompson and Barnes are more valuable than Rudy because they're both on rookie contracts. Per dollar spent, they are simply much more efficient players than Gay and they are only going to get better. There is the hope that Rudy returns to the form he had a few seasons ago in Memphis (cough, bloated contract).

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    both of those players are one-dimensional shooters. Klay thompson doesn't really do anything else well. Although Barnes has potential to be better on both ends
    Klay is vastly underrated as an on-ball defender, and he can only get better. I agree he does need to work on expanding his offensive repertoire.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd do Gay for Barnes in a heartbeat. Barnes has already shown he can be relied on to play heavy minutes and produce at the same time. He was a centerpiece for a 2nd-round Golden State team IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR. There's no saying he can't live up to all the high school hype.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He could fall- off..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    With the Warriors signing Iggy. I would imagine one of Barnes or Thompson is available. Unless they want to play small ball. And use Barnes as a 4. Not a good idea IMO.

    So how about DeRozan + Lowry for Klay?

    Should be an enticing offer for GSW specially is they lose Jack.

    Or how about a 3 team trade involving Gay and Barnes?

    I'd trade ANY player on this team except JV to get either Klay or Barnes.
    I don't think they are available.

    Iggy will be SG.

    Barnes will be SF.

    Thompson will be 6th man.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    At this point the Warriors have $20m in trade exceptions after the Utah trade, so they can go over the cap in a trade deal. But they're looking for quality bigs, which is exactly what we DON'T want to trade. (Well, Aaron Gray, but he's not what they're looking for.)
    They won't have a trade exception large enough to take Gay ($17.8M) and they cannot combine them.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    With the Warriors signing Iggy. I would imagine one of Barnes or Thompson is available. Unless they want to play small ball. And use Barnes as a 4. Not a good idea IMO.

    So how about DeRozan + Lowry for Klay?

    Should be an enticing offer for GSW specially is they lose Jack.

    Or how about a 3 team trade involving Gay and Barnes?

    I'd trade ANY player on this team except JV to get either Klay or Barnes.
    This just makes no sense. What indication is there that Klay is better than DeMar? DeMar scores more with the same # of shot attempts and is better at rebounding and passing. Klay is obviously an elite shooter but his defense is even worse than DeMar's average D.

    Also why would the Warriors just add more salary? How would they even match the incoming 15M?

    Think before you post dude.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think they are available.

    Iggy will be SG.

    Barnes will be SF.

    Thompson will be 6th man.
    Or,
    SG Klay Thompson
    SF Iggy
    PF Barnes
    C Lee

    considering that Bogut is rarely healthy and barely managed to finish the playoffs. Apparently he was in a lot of pain. Small ball might be their only option next year for long stretches.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Mon Jul 15th, 2013 at 01:40 PM.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Or we could of just thrown the last game of the 11-12 season and had the 5th pick, picked Barnes, and never have to trade away assets and picks for Gay. But that was far too complicated for Casey&Colangelo

  19. Like Xixak liked this post
  20. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    Or we could of just thrown the last game of the 11-12 season and had the 5th pick, picked Barnes, and never have to trade away assets and picks for Gay. But that was far too complicated for Casey&Colangelo
    You can't really blame them. It's not their fault Uzoh put up a triple double, Forbes dropped 23, AA had 20, Alabi had 11-19 and Ed Davis went off for 20-12.

    I know blaming Casey and BC is trendy but look at the boxscore: http://www.nba.com/games/20120426/NJNTOR/gameinfo.html

    Our best players were all benched and our scrubs were played heavy minutes. Not much else you can do.


    The fair thing to blame them for was picking Ross over Drummond. If they didn't care about positional redundancy (which they clearly didn't since they picked Ross who played the same position as our best player at the time), they should've gone with AD.

    But damn we'd be in a great place if we lost that last game. Likely don't waste money on Fields either.

    Lowry
    DD
    Barnes
    Amir
    Val

    With great flexibility and a Lowry-trade away from a hard tank in 2014 for another star. Oh well.

  21. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hindsight 20/20
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •