Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade for Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson!

With the Warriors signing Iggy. I would imagine one of Barnes or Thompson is available. Unless they want to play small ball. And use Barnes as a 4. Not a good idea IMO.

So how about DeRozan + Lowry for Klay?

Should be an enticing offer for GSW specially is they lose Jack.

Or how about a 3 team trade involving Gay and Barnes?

I'd trade ANY player on this team except JV to get either Klay or Barnes.
    Mamba Mentality

You want to trade away the proven Gay for the unproven Thompson or Barnes?

I like those guys. But..maybe, a bit risk-a.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

both of those players are one-dimensional shooters. Klay thompson doesn't really do anything else well. Although Barnes has potential to be better on both ends

Comment

At this point the Warriors have $20m in trade exceptions after the Utah trade, so they can go over the cap in a trade deal. But they're looking for quality bigs, which is exactly what we DON'T want to trade. (Well, Aaron Gray, but he's not what they're looking for.)

Comment

Quick answer to this thread:
          1)We only have wings to offer which Golden State doesn't need otherwise this thread wouldn't exist
          2) involving a 3rd team likely wouldn't work as in most scenarios it would make more sense for the 3rd team to trade straight up for Klay/Barnes, than to involve raptors.

Don't see any deal to be made here.

Comment

No. Not unless they're given to us for free lol
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Rudy and Barnes are similar in a lot of ways, legit SFs with great athleticism and the ability to hit the three. Both have All-Star potential. Rudy is clutch, but Barnes is younger/way cheaper.

I dont think GS has any reason to want to trade either of Barnes or Thompson now though...

Comment

Awwww cheaaa I'm a fuckin Starter now, thats so metal \m/

Comment

And also, why wouldn't they just bring Barnes in off the bench? I mean, who the hell wouldn't want Iggy as their starter and Barnes as the back-up SF? That's a fucking tight rotation, hardly even need a 3rd stringer lol

Comment

Thompson and Barnes are more valuable than Rudy because they're both on rookie contracts. Per dollar spent, they are simply much more efficient players than Gay and they are only going to get better. There is the hope that Rudy returns to the form he had a few seasons ago in Memphis (cough, bloated contract).

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      both of those players are one-dimensional shooters. Klay thompson doesn't really do anything else well. Although Barnes has potential to be better on both ends
                      Klay is vastly underrated as an on-ball defender, and he can only get better. I agree he does need to work on expanding his offensive repertoire.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I'd do Gay for Barnes in a heartbeat. Barnes has already shown he can be relied on to play heavy minutes and produce at the same time. He was a centerpiece for a 2nd-round Golden State team IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR. There's no saying he can't live up to all the high school hype.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

He could fall- off..
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            With the Warriors signing Iggy. I would imagine one of Barnes or Thompson is available. Unless they want to play small ball. And use Barnes as a 4. Not a good idea IMO.

So how about DeRozan + Lowry for Klay?

Should be an enticing offer for GSW specially is they lose Jack.

Or how about a 3 team trade involving Gay and Barnes?

I'd trade ANY player on this team except JV to get either Klay or Barnes.
                            I don't think they are available.

Iggy will be SG.

Barnes will be SF.

Thompson will be 6th man.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                              At this point the Warriors have $20m in trade exceptions after the Utah trade, so they can go over the cap in a trade deal. But they're looking for quality bigs, which is exactly what we DON'T want to trade. (Well, Aaron Gray, but he's not what they're looking for.)
                              They won't have a trade exception large enough to take Gay ($17.8M) and they cannot combine them.

Comment

Working...
                              X