No announcement yet.

Imagine Lebron James and Kobe Bryant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine Lebron James and Kobe Bryant...

On the same team.

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...-target-lebron

According to HoopsWorld’s Alex Kennedy, the Los Angeles Lakers are planning to pursue two time NBA Finals MVP Lebron James when he becomes a free agent after the 2013-14 season.
    After failing to re-sign Dwight Howard, who will now become the center piece of the Houston Rockets, it looks like Lakers’ owner Jim Buss has his eyes on the world’s best player working in tandem with Kobe Bryant and bringing another NBA title to Los Angeles.
    If this were to happen..Nashy boy will get a title or two.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

i dont want to live on this planet no more....
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Ergo, you become a champion if you can become respectable, attracting great free agents to attract the mega-free agents. Yet people still feel that drafting your star is the answer... if you cant surround that star with great free agents, or have that star attract a mega-free agent, you are doomed!

Lakers -> Dwight, Nash, Lebron?
      Celtics -> Ray Allen, KG
      Miami -> Lebron, Bosh
      Houston -> Harden, Dwight
      GSW -> Iggy (though they attracted him through a team built mostly through the draft!)

We need to build a name for the franchise, and that means taking on a few good spurts in the Playoffs and attracting strong talent in the process.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I don't see how post-injury Kobe is THAT much of an upgrade over D-Wade.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
          You're kidding right? Compare the two of their numbers, Kobe at his current age is a major upgrade over Dwyane at his current age. For Christ's sake, Kobe was tasked with guarding point guards all season. Wade couldn't even guard Ginobili for the majority of the NBA Finals, even if Ginobili was playing beyond shit! (keep in mind Ginobili is also old)
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            He seems to have more "fire" than D. Wade
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              You're kidding right? Compare the two of their numbers, Kobe at his current age is a major upgrade over Dwyane at his current age. For Christ's sake, Kobe was tasked with guarding point guards all season. Wade couldn't even guard Ginobili for the majority of the NBA Finals, even if Ginobili was playing beyond shit! (keep in mind Ginobili is also old)
              LBF wrote: View Post
              He seems to have more "fire" than D. Wade
              If Kobe didn't have a major injury, than yes I would agree that he's a major upgrade over wade, but an injury like that at his age is going to SERIOUSLY hamper him. Yes he's a very smart ball player so will still be useful (for probably 2 seasons post injury). Wade had nagging injury throughout the playoffs... I don't particularly like one player over the other, but from my perspective, i think it's a toss up as to who is the better basketball player in the 2014-2015 season. It's entirely possible that 1 or both will be retired. Kobe has had an AMAZING career, but he's 35, he's played 17 seasons and he's got just under 55,000 minutes on his odometer... that's a lot. I'm not trying to take anything away from him, and if he didn't have that achilles injury than yes, kobe and wade NO comparison, but in light of the injury, and also factoring in his minutes played, and that he was contemplating retiring in 2-3 seasons, I not convinced he can come back and perform at the level he was previously at (especially at his age)

So yes, Wade vs. Kobe in 2015 isn't particularly a scary thought, the wheels are probably coming off both their wagons.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Kobe is at the end of the road, he doesn't have much more time left on top of his game. By then who knows if he can still play at a high level. This plan is for their next era in my opinion. Also, I hope they fail. I'm tired of seeing the Lakers on top, seeing things keep falling in their lap. They've had their time and I hope they fall to the wayside so that other teams can have their moment.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Ergo, you become a champion if you can become respectable, attracting great free agents to attract the mega-free agents. Yet people still feel that drafting your star is the answer... if you cant surround that star with great free agents, or have that star attract a mega-free agent, you are doomed!

Celtics -> Ray Allen, KG
                  Miami -> Lebron, Bosh
                  GSW -> Iggy (though they attracted him through a team built mostly through the draft!)

We need to build a name for the franchise, and that means taking on a few good spurts in the Playoffs and attracting strong talent in the process.
                  This is what people don't understand! Thank you!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

Celtics -> Ray Allen, KG
                    Miami -> Lebron, Bosh

Or you become an elite North American market that can attract those free agents, yet people still think trading or signing your star is the answer!

We do need to build a name for the franchise, but thats unlikely to come without the draft

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                      This is what people don't understand! Thank you!
                      Milwaukee made it to the eastern conference finals. The superstar free agent that attracted?

Minnesota was a perennial contender with KG. The superstar free agents that attracted?

Utah was Jordan's Bulls biggest competition. Free Agents that attracted? Then they became a contender under Deron Williams. Superstars that has attracted?

The superstars that have been available over the past 3 years - which said "I want to go to OKC? Spurs? Indiana? Memphis?"

The idea that winning = attracting superstar is bunk.

Having a winning team, and then attracting a quality FA (assuming you have the cash and cap space available) is realistic. But you have to get to that point, and you are going to have a tough time getting to that point without already having top notch talent.

Drafting, or being an elite market, is what gets you your superstar. But for some reason people don't want to believe this.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        On the same team.

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...-target-lebron

If this were to happen..Nashy boy will get a title or two.

Lebron could be a free agent after the 2013/14 seasons. His contract contains an eto (early termination option) after next season, and player option for the year after. Its definetely not impossible that he steps out of his contract, specifically to take an new long term deal - but it would come at a pay cut over the next 2 years.

But even if he does opt out, I also have to question just how interested Lebron would actually be to playing with Kobe. Kobe has hardly made himself an endearing option to other superstars.
                        Last edited by Craiger; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                          Lebron could be a free agent after the 2013/14 seasons. His contract contains an eto (early termination option) after next season, and player option for the year after. Its definetely not impossible that he steps out of his contract, specifically to take an new long term deal - but it would come at a pay cut over the next 2 years.

But even if he does opt out, I also have to question just how interested Lebron would actually be to playing with Kobe. Kobe has hardly made himself an endearing option to other superstars.
                          Ok. Thanks tips, on that first paragraph.

And it's the Lakers..LA. I think he'll be interested. Lebron is not Dwight Howard.

That being said, the lakers are going to go after him. Whether he's interested is a nother topic.

Comment

Or you become an elite North American market that can attract those free agents, yet people still think trading or signing your star is the answer!

We do need to build a name for the franchise, but thats unlikely to come without the draft
                            We ARE an elite North American market! Thats whats so sad! We have the revenue, we have the market, we have the fans, and now we have the will to spend luxury tax money.

The issue is that drafting low also means becoming a joke to the NBA.

Comment

Milwaukee made it to the eastern conference finals. The superstar free agent that attracted?

Minnesota was a perennial contender with KG. The superstar free agents that attracted?

Utah was Jordan's Bulls biggest competition. Free Agents that attracted? Then they became a contender under Deron Williams. Superstars that has attracted?

The superstars that have been available over the past 3 years - which said "I want to go to OKC? Spurs? Indiana? Memphis?"

The idea that winning = attracting superstar is bunk.

Having a winning team, and then attracting a quality FA (assuming you have the cash and cap space available) is realistic. But you have to get to that point, and you are going to have a tough time getting to that point without already having top notch talent.

Drafting, or being an elite market, is what gets you your superstar. But for some reason people don't want to believe this.
                              Milwaukee: spent 10 years at the bottom of the league 'drafting'. Finally hired George Karl, traded for Tim Thomas and Sam Cassell, became GOOD, reached ECF, therefor ATTRACTED top free Agent Anthony Mason meant to 'take them over the hump'.

Comment

Working...
                              X