Available PFs and FAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's JJ Hickson's deal? I like him.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Would you guys take Kirilenko and play him at the 4? He's a pretty decent rebounder and shot blocker.

Comment

Ive got it as:

1. JJ Hickson
        2. Brandon Wright
        3. Marreese Speights

imo the others are undersized bigs n I think we need to stay away from the undersized guys as we already have Amir n Acy.

I think id stay away from the Pistons deal, I just dont trust that Dumars.

Comment

I think Hickson will get more than the MLE that the Raptors could offer him; a 24-year-old averaging 12-and-10 in less than 30 minutes should at the least command 6 or 7 million on the FA market (Currently at $4 million but obviously in line for a raise). I guess my problem with Hickson is that he's not necessarily good enough to be a big improvement over Amir. He doesn't really bring more experience or more youth than Amir. He brings a slightly, but not drastically different game, and it's hard to say whether one or the other is a better guy to have alongside JV. Having two Amir-type players isn't necessarily a bad thing, though.

I don't see any way the Raptors can really upgrade starting PF this year. I'm okay to roll with Amir another season, and try to find an interesting project with upside to put as third big.

Comment

Liberal, I dont think any of those three are going to be coming to toronto any time soon.

The raps might be wise to target a hard nosed guy thats gonna work his tail off rebound and defend like Ivan Johnson.

Or since Massai has been noted for saying he would rather fill the end of the bench with possible upside young guys, why not try out a guy like Cole Aldrich? He's big, long and can block shots.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
              I think Hickson will get more than the MLE that the Raptors could offer him; a 24-year-old averaging 12-and-10 in less than 30 minutes should at the least command 6 or 7 million on the FA market (Currently at $4 million but obviously in line for a raise). I guess my problem with Hickson is that he's not necessarily good enough to be a big improvement over Amir. He doesn't really bring more experience or more youth than Amir. He brings a slightly, but not drastically different game, and it's hard to say whether one or the other is a better guy to have alongside JV. Having two Amir-type players isn't necessarily a bad thing, though.

I don't see any way the Raptors can really upgrade starting PF this year. I'm okay to roll with Amir another season, and try to find an interesting project with upside to put as third big.
              Wouldn't you rather have two Amir's than one Amir?
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Shocked that Brandan Wright and Hickson is still available. I like Wright.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

If you could get Monroe for gay that would be a steal! Slide Monroe to the 4 and our centre/pf positions are filled for the next ten years. Monroe is 23 and has averaged 16 and 10 pretty much the last 2 years. So why would Detroit trade him?

Comment

Evia99 wrote: View Post
                    If you could get Monroe for gay that would be a steal! Slide Monroe to the 4 and our centre/pf positions are filled for the next ten years. Monroe is 23 and has averaged 16 and 10 pretty much the last 2 years. So why would Detroit trade him?
                    Because Josh Smith is better at the 4 than at the 3, and right now their frontcourt is designed to have Smith at the 3, which is not the best idea because Smith's jumpers are awful and 3s take a lot of them.

Comment

Frankly, I am surprised so many on the board wanting Ujiri to do deals to get the Raptors into the playoffs. Has he indicated this in any way? He has actually said and done nothing other than get rid of AB essentially for futures..... including getting even second tier f/as which tells me that he at best hasnt made up his mind and probably still looking to take a pass on the coming season with a few futures in pocket. I think he is bottom feeding right now. I think we shall have a better idea once July 10th comes around and most teams have done their f/a frenzy feeding. He seems to be in no hurry and I like it. The anti Colangelo who would rush in and be pressured to make deals seemingly overpaying and unsuited.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                        Because Josh Smith is better at the 4 than at the 3, and right now their frontcourt is designed to have Smith at the 3, which is not the best idea because Smith's jumpers are awful and 3s take a lot of them.
                        I don't think that their front court is designed to have Smith at the 3. Look for Drummond to come off the bench next season.

Comment

Evia99 wrote: View Post
                          I rather have Gay than Monroe. Not just because i think Gay is a better player than Monroe. Because in today's NBA. A wing guy > a big.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            He seems to be in no hurry and I like it.
                            He shouldn't be in a hurry. If Ujiri wants to trade Rudy and DeMar for maximum value, he trades them when their value is highest, and their value is highest before the pre-season but after all of the reasonable alternatives are gone.

Like, take Rudy Gay. Rudy's a fine small forward - overpriced, sure, but teams that are trading for him will trade away some of their useless expiring players in the deal, so it's not so bad. At the start of the season, teams that were looking for small forwards had their choice of lots of good small forwards: Andre Iguodala, Mike Dunleavy, Kyle Korver, Chase Budlinger, Al-Farouq Aminu, Dorell Wright, Matt Barnes, Martell Webster... but they've all signed now. There's only one quality small forward left on the market: Andrei Kirilenko, and AK47 is getting older and has injury concerns. After he signs, who's left? Corey Brewer? Carlos Delfino? Those guys aren't in Rudy's league - heck, AK47 isn't in Rudy's league. Or maybe you sign Alan Anderson because LAFFS.

Go over to shooting guard and it's worse. Still quite a few teams who need a starting SG, and the pickings are slim now. Manu, JR Smith, K-Mart, Tyreke Evans, JJ Redick, OJ Mayo, Tony Allen - all gone. What's left? Monta Ellis (an ego-driven chucker and locker-room cancer), Gerald Henderson (restricted free agent to Charlotte, so either you overpay for him or Charlotte gets him) and Nick Young (is Nick Young). DeMar is a better option by far than Ellis or Young - I mean, Ellis has peaked, DeMar probably has upside left, and they offer about the same strength except Ellis will probably want more money anyway.

Patience was the way to go to maximize Rudy and DeMar's trade value, assuming Ujiri is considering moving them. (The trick is making sure not to wait TOO long if you want to trade them, because ideally you want to trade with a non-capped team so you don't have to play salary-balance.)

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Frankly, I am surprised so many on the board wanting Ujiri to do deals to get the Raptors into the playoffs. Has he indicated this in any way? He has actually said and done nothing other than get rid of AB essentially for futures..... including getting even second tier f/as which tells me that he at best hasnt made up his mind and probably still looking to take a pass on the coming season with a few futures in pocket. I think he is bottom feeding right now. I think we shall have a better idea once July 10th comes around and most teams have done their f/a frenzy feeding. He seems to be in no hurry and I like it. The anti Colangelo who would rush in and be pressured to make deals seemingly overpaying and unsuited.
                              Nailed it.

I agree.

Once the big free agents are signed and those who struck out or are looking for more come calling, it will get interesting.

Ujiri really has not shown his cards yet as there have been minimal moves and no leaks or rumours.

Teams such as Cleveland, Detroit, and Charlotte (as examples) have shown their cards and they are all in.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                I rather have Gay than Monroe. Not just because i think Gay is a better player than Monroe. Because in today's NBA. A wing guy > a big.
                                I don't get that idea, that a wing is better or more needed than a big guy. I think it's completely backwards. The problem is that the talentpool for big guys is much smaller and hence there are less super talented big guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X