Flash Forward to 2014 NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Forward to 2014 NBA Draft

I think we need to reconsider the Rudy Gay for Greg Monroe trade consider we get an allstar caliber C who would play PF for us, we might still be a bad team in the East and not make to the playoff which is what Masai Ujirii wanted anyway so flash forward to 2014 NBA Draft. Bottom line is, we are not getting Andrew Wiggins or J.Parker (most likely the Celtics or the Suns) period but the bottom five drafts aren't that bad either, if we can get one of Randle, Gordon (if he declares), or perhaps trade Valanciunas + our pick for A.Wiggins.

2013-14 Roster
    Lowry/J.Stone
    DeRozan/Ross
    Fields/Novak/Kleiza
    Monroe/Acy
    Val/Amir/Gray

By 2014, if we get Wiggins by trading Val and have him and Monroe as our building block, we can think of flipping DeRozan, Fields, Amir and Lowry for an established PG (Wall, Ty Lawson, B.Jennings), and having these players of the block (especially DeRozan, Fields, and Lowry), we can also acquire a PF next year (C.Bosh, D.Favors, J.Jerebko, Z.Radolph, E.Davis). Our future looks bright

One of the PG/Backup PG/J.Stone
    Ross/Backup SG (A.Morrow, T.Allen, J.Fredette)/
    Wiggins/Novak/
    One of the PF/Amir/Acy
    Monroe/Backup C/

Pretty sure there isn't a Monroe for Gay deal on the table.

Comment

I love (*sarcasm*) type of threads.

Soooooo much is going to change by the time the 2014 draft comes around.

I remember in the summer of 2011, just after the 2011 draft, a thread talking about 2012 draft. I put a post in about all the incredible wings that were going to be available. Off the top of my head these were the names that were in it:

Harrison Barnes (drafted in 2012 8th after being considered possible #1 for 2011 draft)
      Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (#2)
      Quincy Miller (#38)
      LeBryan Nash (still at Oklahoma going in to SR year)
      CJ Leslie (undrafted)
      Perry Jones III (#28)
      Terrence Jones (#18 after supposed 1 and done in 2011)

Then there are PGs like Kabongo (undrafted in 2013) and C like Patric Young (still at Florida).

My only point here is a lot can and most definitely WILL change in the next year. Not all these hyped guys out of high school are going to dominate as expected - and there are going to be players who come from out of nowhere to garner a lot of pre-draft buzz. No sense making plans about Wiggins/Parker/Gordon/Harrison/Randle until they show they truly are worthy of the praise heaped upon them.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        I think we need to reconsider the Rudy Gay for Greg Monroe trade consider we get an allstar caliber C who would play PF for us, we might still be a bad team in the East and not make to the playoff which is what Masai Ujirii wanted anyway so flash forward to 2014 NBA Draft. Bottom line is, we are not getting Andrew Wiggins or J.Parker (most likely the Celtics or the Suns) period but the bottom five drafts aren't that bad either, if we can get one of Randle, Gordon (if he declares), or perhaps trade Valanciunas + our pick for A.Wiggins.

2013-14 Roster
        Lowry/J.Stone
        DeRozan/Ross
        Fields/Novak/Kleiza
        Monroe/Acy
        Val/Amir/Gray

By 2014, if we get Wiggins by trading Val and have him and Monroe as our building block, we can think of flipping DeRozan, Fields, Amir and Lowry for an established PG (Wall, Ty Lawson, B.Jennings), and having these players of the block (especially DeRozan, Fields, and Lowry), we can also acquire a PF next year (C.Bosh, D.Favors, J.Jerebko, Z.Radolph, E.Davis). Our future looks bright

Wiggins/Novak/
        One of the PF/Amir/Acy
        Monroe/Backup C/
        Based on this logic every team's future looks bright. You're basing a future on players we don't have. These threads need to have their own section called WOT. Waste of time.
        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          Pretty sure there isn't a Monroe for Gay deal on the table.
          Sigh. Can we all just calm our tits down? At what point was Monroe even in the conversation? This thread = RIP.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

2013-14 Roster
            Lowry/J.Stone
            DeRozan/Ross
            Fields/Novak/Kleiza
            Monroe/Acy
            Val/Amir/Gray

Wiggins/Novak/
            One of the PF/Amir/Acy
            Monroe/Backup C/
            Where dafuq did J. Fredette come from?

Quit pullin shit out ur ass
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

When has Ujiri said anything about not wanting to make the playoffs? I still have NO idea whether he's planning on tanking, going all in, or to the moon!
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

My only point here is a lot can and most definitely WILL change in the next year. Not all these hyped guys out of high school are going to dominate as expected - and there are going to be players who come from out of nowhere to garner a lot of pre-draft buzz. No sense making plans about Wiggins/Parker/Gordon/Harrison/Randle until they show they truly are worthy of the praise heaped upon them.
                This is the first smart statement I have heard on this site for a while. Lets wait for the college year to come and go then make a more informed decision on these players that people are hyping up so much. I am sure if Lebron went to college for a year there could have been changes to where he might have been drafted. So let's not be giving away our entire team for talents that have not shown anything at the college level yet. Not saying these players wont alter a franchise, lets just see where they stand after a year of better competition. Lebron excelled because he was given a team and the green light from day one. That helps a player's game to progress a lot more than a player coming in as a 3rd or 4th option and getting benched for taking shots they shouldn't be taking.

But lets take a wait and see approach, we have some decent players. We are a playoff team, we wont turn into a championship team overnight. And people give Demar and Rudy a chance, everyone is so quick to split them up because of the dollars. Lets see what they can do before we give away our whole team for the "CHANCE" at a possible superstar.
                Last edited by Canmanxl; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Canmanxl wrote: View Post
                  This is the first smart statement I have heard on this site for a while. Lets wait for the college year to come and go then make a more informed decision on these players that people are hyping up so much. I am sure if Lebron went to college for a year there could have been changes to where he might have been drafted. So let's not be giving away our entire team for talents that have not shown anything at the college level yet. Not saying these players wont alter a franchise, lets just see where they stand after a year of better competition. Lebron excelled because he was given a team and the green light from day one. That helps a player's game to progress a lot more than a player coming in as a 3rd or 4th option and getting benched for taking shots they shouldn't be taking.

But lets take a wait and see approach, we have some decent players. We are a playoff team, we wont turn into a championship team overnight. And people give Demar and Rudy a chance, everyone is so quick to split them up because of the dollars. Lets see what they can do before we give away our whole team for the "CHANCE" at a possible superstar.
                  No offence, but the bolded part is one of the dumbest things I've read on this site in a while. The rest of your post makes sense but LeBron may go down as the best player ever and it's not because he was given a team. He IS a team.

@clericalbeats

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                    No offence, but the bolded part is one of the dumbest things I've read on this site in a while. The rest of your post makes sense but LeBron may go down as the best player ever and it's not because he was given a team. He IS a team.
                    Read the post from Matt52 again might make more sense to you after. Try reading it a couple of times, think you may not understand what Matt52 was trying to point out?

If Wiggins could come out of high school what number do you think he would have gone in this years draft? Take a stab at it, you might just be right. If he goes a year to college against better competition, any chance he may slip from the number you are thinking to another number. Well you answered your own question. Your officially the brightest guy in world, hurahhhh...

I am not saying Wiggins wont be the next coming of Lebron or a great player. Saying a year of college can make a few things change.

Two of the greatest players didn't go number one. Jordan went 3rd and Kobe went 14th. Not a Lebron fan, I don't believe in getting a championship the Miami way. 3 players fixing the league, not my cup of tea...
                    Last edited by Canmanxl; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I remember in the summer of 2011, just after the 2011 draft, a thread talking about 2012 draft. I put a post in about all the incredible wings that were going to be available. Off the top of my head these were the names that were in it:

Harrison Barnes (drafted in 2012 8th after being considered possible #1 for 2011 draft)
                      Quincy Miller (#38)
                      CJ Leslie (undrafted)
                      Perry Jones III (#28)

Then there are PGs like Kabongo (undrafted in 2013) and C like Patric Young (still at Florida).

Barnes was drafted 7th. It would've been nice if he had fallen 8th to the Raptors

Comment

tenforthewin has returned lol
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Quincy Miller (#38)
                          CJ Leslie (undrafted)
                          Perry Jones III (#28)

You nailed it Matt. I'll add another name: A Rivers (talked about as a high 1st, goes 10th and that was very, very generous). WTF is McAdoo?
                          The worst part may be, you tank hoping to luck in (and it is luck landing No 1 -look at Bulls w Rose, Cavs/Clips with Irving...), but there are a few teams "much more talented-ie naturally capable" at tanking -Suns, Bobcats, 76ers.
                          Also, what does tanking ie being lousy for years, do for development of Ross, Demar, Val...? Do we want "Clipper syndrome" for most of last 30 years? Washington not much behind. The only reason Bobcats wont be lousy next year is because they wont be Bobcats but Hornets.
                          If you tank, you luck out with say top 1-3 pick & get a can't miss talent like Darko, K Brown, M Olokwandi, E Curry, Oden. How does that help?
                          If we are optimistic, we "unload" Gay, Demar for picks in 2014 and get that top pick: Even if Wiggins (or any other kid) gets to be as good as say Lebron -so what? Put young Lebron on our team (without Gay & Demar) -what do you have -maybe No 4 or 5 seed at the best.
                          I say, play hard, try to make playoffs -IFF due to injuries, poor chemistry we start like last year -go for it. Trade as much as you can & take a chance at landing Wiggins or another top talent.
                          Last edited by Mapko; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Canmanxl wrote: View Post
                            Read the post from Matt52 again might make more sense to you after. Try reading it a couple of times, think you may not understand what Matt52 was trying to point out?

If Wiggins could come out of high school what number do you think he would have gone in this years draft? Take a stab at it, you might just be right. If he goes a year to college against better competition, any chance he may slip from the number you are thinking to another number. Well you answered your own question. Your officially the brightest guy in world, hurahhhh...

I am not saying Wiggins wont be the next coming of Lebron or a great player. Saying a year of college can make a few things change.

Two of the greatest players didn't go number one. Jordan went 3rd and Kobe went 14th. Not a Lebron fan, I don't believe in getting a championship the Miami way. 3 players fixing the league, not my cup of tea...
                            Clearly, you took offence. All I'm saying is LeBron was a much better player than Jordan and Kobe coming out of high school. As stated before I agree that it's difficult to judge talent when players haven't had similar competition, but Wiggins is not LeBron. He may be down the road, but LeBron was going #1 college or not. As for the Miami way, and fixing the league, I'm not a Miami fan but I don't believe they did anything of the sort. Players have a right to do whatever they want so long as they're not under contract. I don't believe in players demanding trades and rejecting certain destinations, but what they did, didn't violate any league rules and as far as I know, every other player in the league could attempt to do the same thing. I'm actually amazed that more players don't do what they did in an attempt to win championships. Would you really complain if three all-stars decided to call Toronto home and just won back-to-back titles?

@clericalbeats

Comment

i always start reading these articles and then im about half way through and go what the hell is this guy saying, look who it is and everytime TFTW... ***

Comment

Working...
                              X