Which FA PF do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which FA PF do you prefer?

We have 4 Bigs. Amir, JV, Gray and Acy. Those 4 cannot handle the rotation, we need a 5th big. Here are some of the best remaining FA PFs that I think could work, signed using some or all of the MLE.
    JJ Hickson (Might want more $ than full MLE)
    B Wright
    M Spieghts
    D Blair
    T Hansborough

Which would you prefer and why?
    Hickson
    10.00%
    Wright
    20.00%
    Spieghts
    20.00%
    Blair
    5.00%
    Hansborough
    45.00%

You forgot Novak.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

man Nuggets just got Hickson for 15 mil over 3 years ... that would of been awesome for the Raps

Comment

Not a big Hickson fan. Not at all disappointed the Raps didn't pursue him.

Comment

Speights would be my best bet
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I keep looking at this list and keep thinking how little I want any of them. I definitely wouldn't spend more on any of these guys than I spend on Aaron Gray. 2-3 million tops. Just wait to see what garbage is left on the side of the curb after the main flurry of free agent signings.

Comment

I like Brandan Wright.

If you can get him for $3M per year, that is great value in my opinion.

I'd only be looking to play him about 20 minutes a game.

He is extremely efficient and knows his role.

If you look at the Raptors front court PF/C, there are 96 minutes:

JV = 33
              Amir = 28
              Wright = 20
              Acy/Gray/Gay/Novak* = remaining 15 based on matchups

*Novak could play some SF too
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Not a big Hickson fan. Not at all disappointed the Raps didn't pursue him.
                For that kind of money he's worth it when you consider the salaries of Bargs, Lee, Humphries, Tyrus, Gooden, Thaddeus, Nene, Amare, Boozer (the majority of those power forwards are much worse defensively than Hickson)

dude averaged a double double in 29 minutes of floor time. He's got a good motor and has found his game in the last couple of years.

Comment

Hickson just signed a 3 year deal with the Nuggets.

As for the poll. I voted for Hansbrough. Tough player. Solid defensively. Great energy guy. One of those player that you hate playing against but love to have on your team.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                    For that kind of money he's worth it when you consider the salaries of Bargs, Lee, Humphries, Tyrus, Gooden, Thaddeus, Nene, Amare, Boozer (the majority of those power forwards are much worse defensively than Hickson)

dude averaged a double double in 29 minutes of floor time. He's got a good motor and has found his game in the last couple of years.
                    I wouldn't put Thaddeus in that category. I also think he's been poorly developed by Philly. Talent and tools are there for him to be a solid player for a long time.

Also, you handpicked most of the worst defensive PFs in the league. Hickson is a pretty bad defender too. I wouldn't call him better than all those guys, at least not without some serious evidence to back it up.

Hickson has always put up numbers when given minutes. And teams have no interest in keeping him, at all. I have no interest in someone who has been given opportunities, has put up decent numbers, and never sticks. Alarm bells go off.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I like Brandan Wright.

JV = 33
                      Amir = 28
                      Wright = 20

Yeah, Wright is a decent option. Don't know if I'd give him more than a year (or you know, with a 2nd year non-guaranteed). He'll play alongside either guy and fit. He'll lose lots of minutes to Gray when the Raps play teams with a big C, but so be it. It's not like Wright being off the floor is going to cost the Raps tons of games.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I like Brandan Wright.

JV = 33
                        Amir = 28
                        Wright = 20

I'm fan of Wright too. Seems like a Casey guy. Has anyone notice that Massai is going for defensive guys? He went after Bledsoe whose more known for his defence. When he failed at that. He sign a pretty much unknown player, whose known for his defence. Could Massai and Casey actually be on the same page?

Scouting report
                        + Long lefty with accurate short-range shot. Good finisher but no post game.
                        + Big and talented, but hugely injury-prone. Motivation has been questioned.
                        + Lacks strength, poor rebounder. Blocks shots but overall defense needs work.

Analysis
                        Wright stayed healthy for the first time in his career and became perhaps the league's best free-agent signing per dollar as a result. With his length and soft touch, Wright has always been able to convert near the rim and did so again, hitting 61.8 percent from the floor last season -- including an impressive 76.1 percent at the rim -- and pumping in 17.2 points per 40 minutes. Wright finished third among centers in TS%, while sporting the second-lowest turnover ratio. That's a tough combo to beat.

Dallas also figured out some ways to hide Wright on defense, using him in zones or situations when the opponent didn't have a physical post player. Nonetheless, he still needs a lot of work here. He blocks shots in bunches, sending back 3.19 per 40 minutes to rank fourth among centers last season, but his lack of physicality is a major negative.

He also was one of only two players to play at least 500 minutes without drawing an offensive foul (Terrence Williams was the other). Meanwhile, opposing centers had a 20.7 PER with Wright on the court, according to 82games.com, and he was 58th out of 63 centers in rebound rate.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Jason Maxiell and Elton Brand are also 2 other pf possibilities
                          #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Jason Maxiell looked awful last year.

Comment

Brandan Wright reminds me of Ed Davis a little. Both are thin pfs, lefties, slashers, lottery picks that went to North Carolina. I voted for Hansborough for the bigger cajones.

Comment

Working...
                              X