• Show
Clear All

• Pistons Forum

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=14&t=1262029

These dumbas*** clearly don't know who Jonas Val is :S

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=14&t=1262029

These dumbas*** clearly don't know who Jonas Val is :S
    I would do this trade in a heart beat. Only pause would be Terrence Ross. Greg monroe can also play power forward, Drummond will be their long term starter at center with Monroe at Power forward.

Comment

At one point they said no one on the Raptors is worth Monroe ..

Comment

I think Detroit is still our worst trading partner for Rudy, Joe Dumars' idiocy as a trader notwithstanding. (Dumars can draft really well, but ironically he's awful at evaluating proven talent.) Monroe is the only piece they'd move we might want; they have no real pick trading this year and they likely won't move KCP.

Comment

What are these guys smoking? Seriously.......

Comment

We tend to overvalue JV here.

Comment

Valanciunas has more value than anyone on Detroit. Even if he wasn't at the level of Monroe last season, he has much more upside+can actually play defence. Detroit fans are dumb. Every post in that thread was ridiculous.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                We tend to overvalue JV here.
                i disagree with this. i think that the states under-value him because he plays for the raptors. the only young big i see that has the potential to be as big a factor right now is drummond. i am guessing monroe is a good player on a bad team, i don't think he is something to build around but an excellent second option and low post presence.

i think a trade for Gay to detroit would screw them completely. it would eat all their cap space and next year they would have to re-up monroe for 10 plus million, with the rest of the young guys not far behind and smith locked in for 4 years.

i work with a detroit fan and he is convinced dumars is in to save his job by making his team look as good as possible in 2013. that said he is super high on cadwell pope and wants knight off the team. only his opinion though, he doesn't really know joe. haha

***off topic but does anyone else spell the wrong more than any other word here? damn near half of my edits are teh to the.

Comment

Lol we do over value JV a tad.. but these guys are ridiculous Monroe's nice, but not that nice.. and someone had lowry behind knight on the depth chart lol?

Comment

JV is overrated around here. He has shown average offense and defense with excellent motor thus far. I havent seen anything special from him yet. Drummond on the other hand is looking every bit the elite defensive C he can be. Val's upside is deandre jordan and he will have to start working hard to get there or anywhere higher.

Comment

One guy on that forums name is BCfortheWin lol wtf
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                        JV is overrated around here. He has shown average offense and defense with excellent motor thus far. I havent seen anything special from him yet. Drummond on the other hand is looking every bit the elite defensive C he can be. Val's upside is deandre jordan and he will have to start working hard to get there or anywhere higher.
                        You have no idea what you're talking about. Typical casual NBA fan, you see an athletic C with absolutely no skill what so ever and you call him a "elite defensive C". Valanciunas has skills Drummond will never have throughout his entire career. Hitting faceup jumpers, Freethrows, post moves and foot work, defensive and offensive awareness. Valanciunas skill-wise dominates Drummond on both ends of the floor, take away Drummonds athleticism and he can't do jack shit because he has no skill. DeAndre jordan is what i see Drummond as, seeing as he's not a very hard worker and can't do anything but dunk.

Comment

Who cares what they think. I mean, seriously.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post

I doubt it but it's possible he'll never be a star. The "average offence and defence" that you talk about, was his ROOKIE year performance.

Not only is this 21 year old a Rookie, but he is a European who barely speaks the local language and is a total stranger to the local culture. Considering this, not only did he perform splendidly but carried himself admirably in his ROOKIE year. I don't know how far he'll go but he has a bright future.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              You have no idea what you're talking about. Typical casual NBA fan, you see an athletic C with absolutely no skill what so ever and you call him a "elite defensive C". Valanciunas has skills Drummond will never have throughout his entire career. Hitting faceup jumpers, Freethrows, post moves and foot work, defensive and offensive awareness. Valanciunas skill-wise dominates Drummond on both ends of the floor, take away Drummonds athleticism and he can't do jack shit because he has no skill. DeAndre jordan is what i see Drummond as, seeing as he's not a very hard worker and can't do anything but dunk.
                              I didn't call Drummond elite. I said he displays the qualities to be an elite center in the nba based on the small sample size. remember he is only 19.

You are quick to dismiss me as a casual fan yet you go on about Val's offense proving my original point - overrated around here. I don't see any of those offensive skills in Val. right now he is using his motor to get rubbish baskters. I do admit he can develop a post-game if he works on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X