Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pistons Forum

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that several people are saying he has reached his ceiling considering he's only been in the league 3 seasons and is already averaging 16 and 10 (almost). It's definitely not his ceiling but if it was that still pretty damn good. He also averages a steal a game. I'd take him over Drummond any day of the week.
    I didn't say he hit his ceiling, but that his development stalled. There's definitely more talent there to be harnessed. But also don't forget he's averaging 16 as the go-to guy for Detroit. That's hardly astounding. He has a high usage rate. He doesn't score that efficiently (despite having nice moves). He hasn't signficantly improved defensively. The only stat that has shown noticeable improvement each of his years is assists (which is great for a big to have).

I'm not saying Monroe is a bad player, but he's hardly a savior either. I don't want him on my team that much. Monroe is a guy like Boozer or Bargs (or insert bad defensive F/C here). He can be on a good team, but he's a guy you'll have to ask the rest of the team to cover his weaknesses as best they can....just my opinion.

I said from when the Detroit-Rudy Gay trade rumour came out, I would not do a deal with them unless they gave us KCP, probably also Mitchell, and possibly a 1st rd pick....even if Monroe was included. Monroe does not get a Gay trade done for me. DeMar, maybe, but I don't think Detroit would do that.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't understand how the Raptors could have utilized both JV and Drummond. They are both centers. I would not want JV as a PF, and if Drummond just got backup minutes, what's the point?

Drummond was the better asset, and if it was simply so that we could flip him for something better then yeah he would have been the better pick. But if the plan was to keep Drummond on the Raptors then I just don't see how it would fit.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I still don't understand how the Raptors could have utilized both JV and Drummond. They are both centers. I would not want JV as a PF, and if Drummond just got backup minutes, what's the point?

Drummond was the better asset, and if it was simply so that we could flip him for something better then yeah he would have been the better pick. But if the plan was to keep Drummond on the Raptors then I just don't see how it would fit.
    There are like 5 legit centres in the league, having 2 and the luxury to trade one for.........oh I don't know, let's say James Harden if the opportunity presented itself is not the worst thing in the world.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    There are like 5 legit centres in the league, having 2 and the luxury to trade one for.........oh I don't know, let's say James Harden if the opportunity presented itself is not the worst thing in the world.
    Right.. so if the plan was to acquire him just so that you could trade him later then it would make perfect sense to me too. However if the plan was to keep him on the roster with JV then it wouldn't make sense to me.

5. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

if we decided our focal point was a Monroe/JV pairing then we would need to surround them with 35 - 40% 3pt shooters.

Gay already tried to play with two dominant bigs....didn't work out so well.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that several people are saying he has reached his ceiling considering he's only been in the league 3 seasons and is already averaging 16 and 10 (almost). It's definitely not his ceiling but if it was that still pretty damn good. He also averages a steal a game. I'd take him over Drummond any day of the week.
    I put Monroe in the same category as DD.

He has been a primary option for 1-2 years and has had a lot of minutes.

Unless his career is the exception what you are seeing now is what you get. I would imagine with another primary scorer, he could increase his FG% and maybe get to 19/20 and 10/11 but that is hardly a big stretch.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    This is what most people including BC do not understand. Pick the best man on the board even if it limits the minutes for JV or screws with your current win %. No one thought Monroe and Drummond will work. picking big men could go bust but it is definitely worth it every time.

Harden playing for us........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information