Pau Gasol & the future of the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed
    Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

If you used the amnesty on Kobe you would be fired before next season starts...
      Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

Gasol is a $20 million expiring contract. I'm not convinced the Lakers would be so quick to give that up.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Gasol is a $20 million expiring contract. I'm not convinced the Lakers would be so quick to give that up.
          Definitely not.

They are all about free agency in 2014.

Comment

I'm thinking we may have to come to terms that the Raptors will be in no man's land for the next year, as Ujiri evaluates (similar to Dwayne Casey's first year, evaluating prospects).
            Ujiri likely wants to be in the 12-18 pick range next year, where there are plenty of promising prospects. Agree with LBF, Gasol not worth giving up assets for at this point. Roll with what we have, hopefully grab a 6-8 spot in the playoffs and wait for Ujiri's big move in summer 2014.

Comment

So you guys are telling me that this capped-out but average Raptors team doesn't have the resources or assets to add another significant contributor without creating a glaring hole in some other part of their lineup?

Weird.
              Last edited by Fully; Tue Jul 9, 2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                So you guys are telling me that this capped-out but average Raptors team doesn't have the resources or assets to add another significant contributor without creating a significant hole in some other part of their lineup?

Weird.
                LOL

Is it just me or is the sarcasm dripping here?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  LOL

Is it just me or is the sarcasm dripping here?
                  We're drowning in it.

But I'd take the sarcasm over the "we have AWESOME players, we just need MORE TIME" camp.

Comment

Matt - your radar is as sharp as ever.

Comment

OP,

Thanks but no thanks.

Sincerely,

He-Man, errr---I mean Apollo. (that was close)

Comment

Gasol only made sense if Bargnani still needed to be moved. Gasol's biggest attraction is that he is an expiring contract next season. Gasol would arguably make the team better.. so if you want to tank he would be a horrible addition.

Comment

Tanking isn't what I'm hoping for. It will be too hard to do given our strength at center + wings. My idea is to improve the team with contracts not exceeding Gays 2 more years. This way we can be as competitive as he makes us. If Gay transforms his shot and becomes a top 5 SF we have a good chance to win some playoff games. I'm just looking around at players, specifically PF, we can acquire for short term success, while keeping options available for MU to do his GM thing in the future.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                            The Lakers will keep Gasol & KB24, go into next summer, sign Carmelo and possibly Lebron, and then bring back Gasol & KB24. They may not get Lebron, but they'll likely get 2 max guys -- Carmelo being one of them, and some good role players.
                            Are you being serious?
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                              That is their plan. They can renounce Pau and then sign Marc in 2015 too. They're being very flexible. If KB24 takes a lot less money it will work out this way. I think they'll end up with both Gasols eventually. Carmelo doesn't want to play on that awful Knicks team anymore, especially with you-know-who as a teammate.
                              Kobe said he's not taking a paycut.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                                Kobe said he's not taking a paycut.
                                Kobe is gonna take the pay cut, he just said he's gonna enter negotiations with that mindset.

The guy is obsessed with Jordan, he desperatly wants his 6th ring and will do whatever it takes. he was suppose to retire but when he saw how close Tim Duncan came to get a 5th ring he freaked out and said he's staying 3 or 4 more years. Also one of the reasons Dwight left.

If taking a cut gets him closer to a ring he'll do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X