Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pau Gasol & the future of the Raptors

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So you guys are telling me that this capped-out but average Raptors team doesn't have the resources or assets to add another significant contributor without creating a glaring hole in some other part of their lineup?

Weird.
    Last edited by Fully; Tue Jul 9th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    So you guys are telling me that this capped-out but average Raptors team doesn't have the resources or assets to add another significant contributor without creating a significant hole in some other part of their lineup?

Weird.
    LOL

Is it just me or is the sarcasm dripping here?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    LOL

Is it just me or is the sarcasm dripping here?
    We're drowning in it.

But I'd take the sarcasm over the "we have AWESOME players, we just need MORE TIME" camp.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt - your radar is as sharp as ever.

Post Thanks / Like

OP,

Thanks but no thanks.

Sincerely,

He-Man, errr---I mean Apollo. (that was close)

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gasol only made sense if Bargnani still needed to be moved. Gasol's biggest attraction is that he is an expiring contract next season. Gasol would arguably make the team better.. so if you want to tank he would be a horrible addition.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanking isn't what I'm hoping for. It will be too hard to do given our strength at center + wings. My idea is to improve the team with contracts not exceeding Gays 2 more years. This way we can be as competitive as he makes us. If Gay transforms his shot and becomes a top 5 SF we have a good chance to win some playoff games. I'm just looking around at players, specifically PF, we can acquire for short term success, while keeping options available for MU to do his GM thing in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    The Lakers will keep Gasol & KB24, go into next summer, sign Carmelo and possibly Lebron, and then bring back Gasol & KB24. They may not get Lebron, but they'll likely get 2 max guys -- Carmelo being one of them, and some good role players.
    Are you being serious?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    That is their plan. They can renounce Pau and then sign Marc in 2015 too. They're being very flexible. If KB24 takes a lot less money it will work out this way. I think they'll end up with both Gasols eventually. Carmelo doesn't want to play on that awful Knicks team anymore, especially with you-know-who as a teammate.
    Kobe said he's not taking a paycut.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Kobe said he's not taking a paycut.
    Kobe is gonna take the pay cut, he just said he's gonna enter negotiations with that mindset.

The guy is obsessed with Jordan, he desperatly wants his 6th ring and will do whatever it takes. he was suppose to retire but when he saw how close Tim Duncan came to get a 5th ring he freaked out and said he's staying 3 or 4 more years. Also one of the reasons Dwight left.

If taking a cut gets him closer to a ring he'll do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would he retire at his age?..I think I remember him saying he wanted to finish his career in China or something like a few years ago, I never took it seriously..

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    Kobe is gonna take the pay cut, he just said he's gonna enter negotiations with that mindset.

The guy is obsessed with Jordan, he desperatly wants his 6th ring and will do whatever it takes. he was suppose to retire but when he saw how close Tim Duncan came to get a 5th ring he freaked out and said he's staying 3 or 4 more years. Also one of the reasons Dwight left.

If taking a cut gets him closer to a ring he'll do it.
    When Kobe says he's not going to take a paycut, you bet your life he's not going to take a paycut. If the Lakers can't afford to keep him and bring in someone else, then he won't be part of the Laker future. Simple is that.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Thread Information