Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Tyler Hansbrough Signs 2 Year Deal With The Raptors

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    He has no actual basketball skills
    I disagree. He was a beast on the boards at North Carolina and has improved steadily with Pacers.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Anyways, i think Hansbrough is the toughest guy we've had since Oakley. Agree?
    And remember how the team dynamics changed when he joined he raptors.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    He has no actual basketball skills
    Are you talking about Hansbrough or Gary Forbes?

For a guy who has "no basketball skills" Tyler Hansbrough is actually in the conversation when it comes to the greatest college basketball player of all time.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It's ridiculous to say he has no skill. I don't like him either, but I'm willing to give him a chance, and give UM the benefit of the doubt with this pick up.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Loving it

Quote big boi wrote: View Post
    It's ridiculous to say he has no skill. I don't like him either, but I'm willing to give him a chance, and give UM the benefit of the doubt with this pick up.
    This is great, the guy battles, takes a beating and does it again.
    Does it improve our rebounding and defense?
    Yes, does it improve our toughness?
    Yes, and the goal of every gm right now is to take on Miami. Bosh doesn't like it rough, which means... All you have to do is take on LBJ and Wade(gulp). Okay, we're not done, an elite defensive wing is needed. Also, a distribution oriented back up point guard to alter the flow of games.
    This is a player we can win games with, no bags, a tough back up to Amir. A good start.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome signing. A bruiser who gets to the line and defends his position well (13.1 PER). Awesome. As for being a thug, I don't see that. Indiana hates losing this guy.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I will only support this signing if Psycho T lives up to his nickname by face painting Toronto Raptors logo and then scream insanely before the game "LETS GO RAPTORS!!!!!" and storm out like a madman to the court.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Awesome signing. A bruiser who gets to the line and defends his position well (13.1 PER). Awesome. As for being a thug, I don't see that. Indiana hates losing this guy.
    I guess you can say he has... balls of steel :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think we needed more talent, but I'm not against the signing.

This guy plays 90's basketball and I love it. Charles Oakley was just as dirty and aggressive, maybe he can bring some swagger to this locker room.
    theres a difference between hard 90s ball and the bitchball that hansbrough plays

if i have to say something positive about it, hes one of the best guys in the league to have coming off the bench though.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

decent signing if they got him for cheap (part of mle). he could be the raps version of colton orr. we don't really need a starting pf, as we already have amir. we needed a decent backup (acy is undersized and will most likely play the 3 defensively). i hated his cheap shot against jonas, but would like to have someone like that on the team. he'll be a fan favourite if he did that same move on bosh or maybe even bargs. lol

Post Thanks / Like

All prior events ars water under the bridge
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Second year is a team option meaning #flexibility

Post Thanks / Like

He can also shoot the mid range too.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great deal. Improving the bench with straight hustle, rebounding. The best part is the 2nd year team option. If it doesn't work there was no harm in a 1 year $3 mil run. MU is maintaining low profile, short term contract signings/trades that don't harm the teams future positions and possibilities. Really solid work so far.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    theres a difference between hard 90s ball and the bitchball that hansbrough plays

if i have to say something positive about it, hes one of the best guys in the league to have coming off the bench though.
    Yeah, Hansbrough is more of hit and run type of initiator, dude gets under players skins, gets them t'd up, has a real punchable face and his eyes are so watery he looks like he's going to cry 24/7, dude's an asshole, he's KG without the skill, but he is also productive, a good rebounder, hustles all the time, has a bit of a midrange jumpshot and Raptors fans will learn how to apreciate his antics and understand that getting under a players skin is a skill and he will transform from just being an asshole to being our asshole

16. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but this could mean a couple things:

1. Ujiri & co. have committed to Amir Johnson being the starting power forward for the team, meaning Hansbrough is the legit back-up, which he most certainly fits and does a good job of.

2. This team is trying to collect as many cheap assets as possible (my opinion, $3 million for 2 years, + team option is a solid contract), and use it in terms of creating deals for picks/prospects, etc.

3. Fitting in with the culture of tough, defensive minded veterans/players that Ujiri and Casey want to bring into next season.

This also could include all 3, but to be honest, this signing regardless of which side of the fence you are on with Psycho T, and how great the contract is IMO, the signing doesn't give any sense of direction to us fans and bloggers about what this team is planning. If anything, Psycho T seems like a re-tooling signing to me.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    Yeah, Hansbrough is more of hit and run type of initiator, dude gets under players skins, gets them t'd up, has a real punchable face and his eyes are so watery he looks like he's going to cry 24/7, dude's an asshole, he's KG without the skill, but he is also productive, a good rebounder, hustles all the time, has a bit of a midrange jumpshot and Raptors fans will learn how to apreciate his antics and understand that getting under a players skin is a skill and he will transform from just being an asshole to being our asshole
    I hated Hansbrough, but I'm sure Pacers fans loved him. That's obviously the feeling around him, and obviously mentioned in the past.

A guy you hate on the opposing team, but a guy you love if he's on your team.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough! Nobody!" - Frank Vogel
    I for one am glad he's playing for us.
    He gets to the line, gets the opponents into foul trouble, plus he's a hack!
    Can't see why people would be against us signing him. A beast for 3rd big man, and he's probably on a relatively cheap contract too.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

And if he really has no basketball skills whatsoever, people would see him as a laughing stock instead of hating him.
    When your opponents hate you, you must be doing something right. Ask LeBron

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I hated Hansbrough, but I'm sure Pacers fans loved him. That's obviously the feeling around him, and obviously mentioned in the past.

A guy you hate on the opposing team, but a guy you love if he's on your team.
    Just to prove that Pacers fan love him, here are some of the things Pacers fans had to say in forums:

Good for Psycho T. I liked him here, Toronto will like his hustle.
    Wish Psycho T well. Just not against us.
    I wish him well. He played hard for us. That said, it was time to move on for Indiana.
    I wish him all the best. Those Raptors fans may hate him now, but there's a lot about his game that they'll like. I'm not sorry we've moved on, but I appreciate what he brought during his time in Indy.
    For better or worse, Tyler was one of the most exciting players during his tenure in the Blue & Gold. Good Luck Tyler.
    I'll miss Tyler's hustle.
    I will miss the following things that Hansbrough brings to the team:

- Ability to get under the skin of the opposing Team's Players
    - Ability to get other Team and their Players in Foul Trouble
    - Ability to get to the FT line ( as a result )
    - His overall aggressiveness on defense and inside the paint that makes other Players REALLY uncomfortable ( enough to affect their shots )
    - His "balls to the wall" 110% approach to playing basketball ( as Heisenberg mentioned )

I am sure there are other things that I forgot.....but everything else....I won't miss.
    From fans, they really appreciated everything he did for them and had very little bad things to say about him. Except this:

In a nutshell this is the entire reason why Tyler lost any time here. If that jumper had fallen on even a somewhat consistent basis he could have played more min. a game and West would have been able to rest up some more.

But since he totally lost the ability to hit that shot, for whatever reason, he just added nothing on the offensive end if he wasn't getting to the foul line.
    Apparently, last season, he hasn't been hitting his mid range jumpshot on a consistent basis.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information