No announcement yet.

Official: Tyler Hansbrough Signs 2 Year Deal With The Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As both a UNC and Raptors fan - I love this move of course. I can certainly empathize with those that dislike him - if you root for team he plays against his on-court demeanor and aggression can be pretty annoying. I will say this - in regular minutes he will produce. He's probably the greatest player over the course of his career in the history of the ACC, and was a Sporting News First Team All-American all four years of college. He started 8 games in place of West for the Pacers last year - and in those 8 games averaged 14.8 Ppg and 10.1 Rebs on 49% FG and 75% FT. He's not going to be a superstar obviously - but he can play and should be productive for the Raptors and offer some grit and toughness - and yes annoy the hell out of the opposition.

Comment

but at least he isn't bitchmade, and some physical play off the bench will get the starters JUICED

Comment

I like the signing. It also frees us up to move Amir should we go full tank at any point before or during the season. Starting Acy would be a bit of a joke but I think you could get away with starting Hansborough. Rehardless he is a guy I like the Raptors going after.

Comment

Want to see the terms...

Comment

LOL, he will be a fan favorite after game one of the season...

He may even give Amir a run at starting PF.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              My first thought was that Hansbrough will walk into the ACC, and be led to a dark room where Jonas will beat him with a sack of doorknobs.

ahahah picturing the first night Hansbrough is in T.O and Amir and Big V "initiating" him has me rolling

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                He has no actual basketball skills
                Maybe he aced his Caliper Test
                Purple > Red

Comment

But he's a hack ....

I would have liked Brendan Wright better, but this move only re-assures Ujiri's commitment to hard working, hard-nosed culture. He's a dirty player but I'd rather him be with us than against us. Jonas has a body guard now.
                  Last edited by torch19; Tue Jul 9, 2013, 08:33 PM.
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

He played pretty damn good in the playoffs.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      Why am I not in the NBA?
                      You are going to have get that ankle swelling down first

Comment

Capt. Jack is still out there.

Comment

With Andrea gone and with Pshyco T in, we get a ton tougher and no one in the league can call us soft now. teams are gonna hate playing against V and Amir only to see Pshyco come off the bench. Andrea gone speaks volumns how are D can be much more tighter, watching that 3-17 record, put someone else besides Bargs in and we could have curbed that record a lot more. There was no toughness during that slide.

Plus probably the second best nick name behind Black Mamba

Hoping for a competitive season. Let's get a winning culture and let another team develop a 2014 player.

(I said hope didnt I)

Comment

If they wanted to add toughness, there really weren't better options out there. He isn't the most skilled player, but he has an elite motor (to add to our already great bigs in that regard), and to say he does the dirty work is an understatement. He also actually has a decent ball IQ.

I'm not his biggest fan, but it wasn't a good FA market for the Raps to find something in. I would also think regardless of what direction any of us want them to go in, this works out. If they decide to tank he's a good piece to have...to move or as insurance if they start throwing assets around in trades. If they decide to compete he'll contribute what he can. Either way he shouldn't cost much and should have fair value....hopefully it's not a stupid deal.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Capt. Jack is still out there.
                              you mean Jarrett?? If so, he's supposedly agreed to go to Cleveland.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                you mean Jarrett?? If so, he's supposedly agreed to go to Cleveland.
                                Stephen Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X