• Show
Clear All

• Amir has to be on the move...him and Tyler r the same type of player

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Amir has to be on the move...him and Tyler r the same type of player
      Psycho T is white, so he's less atletic #NoRacist #hastagsdontworkonRR

Comment

• Hahaaha yes, Psycho T baby, love that dude, he's the Sean Avery of the NBA.

Comment

• Tyler may have eaten Mark Madsen.

Not a bad move, but nothing to get thrilled about either. Should improve our rebounding and our interior defense. We've plugged a hole now, so once we add another back up PG we should have our 2013-2014 roster. Back to the treadmill.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            If I've learned anything from TKFU over the last two weeks, then Hansbrough's second year better not be a "team option" but rather non-guaranteed.

Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of Tyler, but the contract seems pretty decent. I'm not going to evaluate him as a raptor. I don't mind players that try to see what they get away with, but I don't like players that intentionally try to injure others. I think the JV take down was only a big deal because of the hand injury, otherwise falls like that are pretty common. I'm not sure if Hansbrough was aware of the injury and or not. If he wasn't aware of the injury, then it's still a foul that wasn't called, but I'm not going to hate on T for that. If he know about the injury and he threw him down hoping to re-injure his hand, than that is a player I don't want on my team, even if that player helps us win.

I do think that Frank Vogel did a decent job of containing the pyscho and putting it to good use, hopefully Casey can help him channel that energy in a similar way.
            I've been thinking about this because I very much agreed.... and it just hit me.

In any transaction you have to look at it from the perspective of both parties.

What you notice with non-guaranteed deals, for the most part, is if the option is not picked up by the team there is guaranteed money involved. It might be as little as $500k or as much as $6M (Turkoglu comes to mind - and by the way I just made up those numbers it can really be anything). That guaranteed money does go against the cap.

But why wouldn't the team just make it no guaranteed money?

As we just witnessed the first 10 days of July are crazy. If a player is not available at that time they are significantly going to lower their options/opportunities come mid-July if a team decides to drop them.

So while I definitely agree a non-guaranteed deal with no money guaranteed is in the best interests of the Raptors, or any franchise for that matter, it is not in the best interest of the player and that is why you often see team options versus non-guaranteed deals.

Comment

They're pretty far from being the same type of player. They play the same position I guess.

Comment

• Just an FYI Regarding Hansbrough

He apparently hates being called "Psycho T"

Was scanning some of the Pacers message boards this morning and more than once I read that he doesn't like the nickname.

Comment

• Hansbrough plays so hard and is so competitive he sometimes crosses the line. That's a good problem for this group.

Comment

• Well let's call him "Psycho H" then.... big deal.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Please put me back. Please.
                      Don't worry man. me love you long time.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        Well let's call him "Psycho H" then.... big deal.
                        Preparation H?

Comment

I couldn't disagree with this any more....

Comment

• Mass murderer H, ape shit killer T, Tyler "the puppy strangler" so many other options

Comment

• Criminally Insane T?

Comment

• Hansborough's Mom, Tami, has been a naughty girl in the past.

http://deadspin.com/5942273/former-q...s-on-uncs-dime

Comment

Working...
                                X