Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Tyler Hansbrough Signs 2 Year Deal With The Raptors

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Hopefully, he can have the same impact here

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote flamingtimbits wrote: View Post
    And if he really has no basketball skills whatsoever, people would see him as a laughing stock instead of hating him.
    When your opponents hate you, you must be doing something right. Ask LeBron
    The big problem with him according to Pacers fans is his inconsistency on the offensive end and that he doesn't like getting benched. If Casey doesn't give him good minutes, I think Tyler will have major conflicts with him.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    The big problem with him according to Pacers fans is his inconsistency on the offensive end and that he doesn't like getting benched. If Casey doesn't give him good minutes, I think Tyler will have major conflicts with him.
    If he ever finds his midrange jumper again and add to his post skills, he's capable of being a regular starter in the NBA. But he's here mainly for his blood and guts. I hope he's not starting over Amir or Jonas, but he's going to get good minutes for sure, or else he wouldn't have signed.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I strongly dislike him as a player, but I like Raptor wins more than I dislike Tyler Hansbrough, and he's a guy who will produce some wins out of the backup PF spot, and is an acceptable starter alternative if Amir or JV gets hurt for a few games. I can live with this.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    U got it. Only one person on the bucket list though so matt's off.
    Please put me back. Please.

6. Like drunkmunky liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tkfu wrote: View Post
    I strongly dislike him as a player, but I like Raptor wins more than I dislike Tyler Hansbrough, and he's a guy who will produce some wins out of the backup PF spot, and is an acceptable starter alternative if Amir or JV gets hurt for a few games. I can live with this.
    same here... I don't like psychos
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always wished Tyler was a Raptor. He is so aggravating to play against. He just doesn't stop. I was gonna say I like his "GAME" but I do agree.... he doesn't have one. I love the pick up.

This to me proves there is a commitment to defense. He is just going to shut down his man, and hustle. Set picks, rebound the ball. That is what we HAVE always needed. We have to many people at the 3 point line, and not enough in the paint. I like the direction we are going in.

9. Like flamingtimbits liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
    We have to many people at the 3 point line, and not enough in the paint. I like the direction we are going in.
    HUH? I can't say I agree with the bold. Can you extrapolate?
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If I've learned anything from TKFU over the last two weeks, then Hansbrough's second year better not be a "team option" but rather non-guaranteed.

Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of Tyler, but the contract seems pretty decent. I'm not going to evaluate him as a raptor. I don't mind players that try to see what they get away with, but I don't like players that intentionally try to injure others. I think the JV take down was only a big deal because of the hand injury, otherwise falls like that are pretty common. I'm not sure if Hansbrough was aware of the injury and or not. If he wasn't aware of the injury, then it's still a foul that wasn't called, but I'm not going to hate on T for that. If he know about the injury and he threw him down hoping to re-injure his hand, than that is a player I don't want on my team, even if that player helps us win.

I do think that Frank Vogel did a decent job of containing the pyscho and putting it to good use, hopefully Casey can help him channel that energy in a similar way.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post

Interesting. Hopefully, he can have the same impact here
    Not to ruin the fun and all, but given the Pacers overall record of 60.5 and 63.6 the year before, those numbers aren't exactly a compliment to Hansborough.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir has to be on the move...him and Tyler r the same type of player

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Psycho T is white, so he's less atletic #NoRacist #hastagsdontworkonRR

15. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaaha yes, Psycho T baby, love that dude, he's the Sean Avery of the NBA.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tyler may have eaten Mark Madsen.

Not a bad move, but nothing to get thrilled about either. Should improve our rebounding and our interior defense. We've plugged a hole now, so once we add another back up PG we should have our 2013-2014 roster. Back to the treadmill.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    If I've learned anything from TKFU over the last two weeks, then Hansbrough's second year better not be a "team option" but rather non-guaranteed.

Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of Tyler, but the contract seems pretty decent. I'm not going to evaluate him as a raptor. I don't mind players that try to see what they get away with, but I don't like players that intentionally try to injure others. I think the JV take down was only a big deal because of the hand injury, otherwise falls like that are pretty common. I'm not sure if Hansbrough was aware of the injury and or not. If he wasn't aware of the injury, then it's still a foul that wasn't called, but I'm not going to hate on T for that. If he know about the injury and he threw him down hoping to re-injure his hand, than that is a player I don't want on my team, even if that player helps us win.

I do think that Frank Vogel did a decent job of containing the pyscho and putting it to good use, hopefully Casey can help him channel that energy in a similar way.
    I've been thinking about this because I very much agreed.... and it just hit me.

In any transaction you have to look at it from the perspective of both parties.

What you notice with non-guaranteed deals, for the most part, is if the option is not picked up by the team there is guaranteed money involved. It might be as little as $500k or as much as $6M (Turkoglu comes to mind - and by the way I just made up those numbers it can really be anything). That guaranteed money does go against the cap.

But why wouldn't the team just make it no guaranteed money?

As we just witnessed the first 10 days of July are crazy. If a player is not available at that time they are significantly going to lower their options/opportunities come mid-July if a team decides to drop them.

So while I definitely agree a non-guaranteed deal with no money guaranteed is in the best interests of the Raptors, or any franchise for that matter, it is not in the best interest of the player and that is why you often see team options versus non-guaranteed deals.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    They're pretty far from being the same type of player. They play the same position I guess.

20. Like ReubenJRD, Nilanka, Joey, lilmamba_ liked this post
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just an FYI Regarding Hansbrough

He apparently hates being called "Psycho T"

Was scanning some of the Pacers message boards this morning and more than once I read that he doesn't like the nickname.

22. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hansbrough plays so hard and is so competitive he sometimes crosses the line. That's a good problem for this group.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well let's call him "Psycho H" then.... big deal.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Please put me back. Please.
    Don't worry man. me love you long time.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information