Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Nets Will Pay Record $75 mill. In Luxury Tax

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Nets Will Pay Record $75 mill. In Luxury Tax

    Just saw it on tv...

    That's nasty!!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Have to applaud their effort of going all in on building a contender fast, postseasons in New York bring a lot of dough, and a deep playoff run will cover that tax completely, of course if the old guys arent dead by then and D-Will isnt requesting a trade because he isnt getting enough shots

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Makes sense...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    Have to applaud their effort of going all in on building a contender fast, postseasons in New York bring a lot of dough, and a deep playoff run will cover that tax completely, of course if the old guys arent dead by then and D-Will isnt requesting a trade because he isnt getting enough shots
    I'd like to see the raps do that. Just go all-in..never happen, though.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  5. #5
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    $75M is nothing to this guy. He's worth billions.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    $75M is nothing to this guy. He's worth billions.
    75 million is something to everyone..don't care if your a billionaire
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    $75M is nothing to this guy. He's worth billions.
    Prokhorov is a business man first, an owner second, he wouldnt go over the tax, lose millions just because he's a fan of his team a la Cuban, he's making business decisions that will make him more money.


    PS the Nets marketing team did a helluva job of making the Nets look cool (Jerseys, court, Jay Z), that and a decent team last season a really good team next season willt attract non homer/ bandwagon/ overseas fans.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,346
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    75 million is something to everyone..don't care if your a billionaire
    That guy's net worth is $13B. So let's say your net worth was $500K (which is quite a bit). $75M to $13B is about $3K to $500K.

    Is $3K really that much if you have $500,000 to your name?

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    That guy's net worth is $13B. So let's say your net worth was $500K (which is quite a bit). $75M to $13B is about $3K to $500K.

    Is $3K really that much if you have $500,000 to your name?
    No shit it is! It's easy to say that it's no big deal when it's not your money being spent and used. If you make $500K per year, I don't care if it's only $3K, no one wants to waste money. To put this into prospective that's more realistic to us, middle-classed people, $75M to $13B is about $150 to $25,000. If you are earning $25,000 per year and you get say a $150 traffic ticket from the cops, you would be pretty pissed and annoyed that you actually have to pay that ticket. Point being, no one wants to lose a portion of their money regardless of how much money you have.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    That guy's net worth is $13B. So let's say your net worth was $500K (which is quite a bit). $75M to $13B is about $3K to $500K.

    Is $3K really that much if you have $500,000 to your name?
    It's not that much. But, it's certainly not "nothing"..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Mikhail really wanted to win championship right...

    Yahoo is reporting that he's listening to offers for Nets.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Mikhail really wanted to win championship right...

    Yahoo is reporting that he's listening to offers for Nets.
    Really? That's hilarious if it's true.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Really? That's hilarious if it's true.



    woj bomb

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wtf he's looking to selling the team alrdy? He owned the nets for what 2 years ?

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
    Wtf he's looking to selling the team alrdy? He owned the nets for what 2 years ?
    He own nets since '10. He bought 80% of nets and 45% of Barclays center for $223M.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Honestly, just FuCK Brooklyn.
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sweet Lord people, we should all pitch in and buy a franchise. We can flip that shit like real estate in a hot market!

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Ontario Teachers pension fund was a bit premature on dumping the Leafs/Raptors.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    The Ontario Teachers pension fund was a bit premature on dumping the Leafs/Raptors.
    Yeah, but they've made $1B in profits so... I'm sure that teachers in Ontario have no complaints.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but they've made $1B in profits so... I'm sure that teachers in Ontario have no complaints.
    Ontario teachers have a 5 billion dollar pension fund surplus in just this year. Great fund management plus the fact that teachers pay 13% of their wages into the pension fund.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •