Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noah & Deng for Bosh Being Discussed

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Noah & Deng for Bosh Being Discussed

LMAO ... since when did bloggers have the inside scoop?

In a shocking discovery, the Bulls and Raptors have engaged in talks that would send Chris Bosh to the Bulls before Thursday’s trade deadline. The Bulls would send Luol Deng and Joakim Noah to the Raptors for Bosh. Personally, I’m surprischris_bosh.jpged by this. The idea of giving up Noah with the possibility of Bosh leaving after the season seems like a high risk. In addition, Noah is enjoying a breakout season and I’m surprised they’re willing to trade him. On the other hand, it does clear Luol Deng’s large contract and gives the Bulls a better chance at resigning Bosh at the end of the season. If the trade goes down, it would make it one of the biggest mid-season blockbusters of all time. Update: Tuesday, Feb. 16, 4:00 central time.

In smaller news, Tyrus Thomas is likely to be traded. Big surprise right? Thomas’ has been discussed in almost a dozen different scenarios and is almost certain to be moved by Thursday. If Al Harrington is not part of a T-Mac deal, look for a Tyrus-Harrington swap (and salaries to make it match) to go down.
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Rookie Babyface_killah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet the if the Bulls offered this bullshit offer BryCo would have asked for Rose in any Bosh trade.

To tell the truth none of this Bosh leaving TO rumors bothering, actually I find it quite amusing.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the offer is necessarily bullshit. I actually think its a decent move for us especially if Bosh did express to Colangelo about wanting to go elsewhere.

I'm just not entirely convinced of the source. That's why I "LMAO".

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Give. Me. A. Break.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic All-Star brothersteve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

His other 2 scoops are:
    Boozer to the Bulls
    Shaq to the Bulls

Oh well - it's written like a scoop. lol
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This blog belongs on a site called "Rumor Press" because that's all it is.

This idiots little brother probably said, "Hey Dumbass, you know what would be awesome, Deng and Noah for Bosh"

Idiot: "That sounds awesome, i'll run with it"

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Noah + Deng + 2 Firsts for Bosh? hmmm that almost makes sense basketball wise.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does he also have the scoop that Colangelo has a drinking problem?! because that is the only way he is going to make that deal.

Raptors Republic Starter cornbreadd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read from an inside source that the Toronto Raptors have considered trading Marcus Banks for Kevin Durant, although haven't formally approached the Thunder. The 7th cousin of Bryan Colangelo's sister-in-law said "Bryan really likes Kevin's play and would be willing to part with Banks and possibly Patrick O'Bryant." So far Colangelo has evaded questions about this deal.

Hey, maybe I should make my own site, I'm just as good as this guy

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie Babyface_killah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I don't think the offer is necessarily bullshit. I actually think its a decent move for us especially if Bosh did express to Colangelo about wanting to go elsewhere.

I'm just not entirely convinced of the source. That's why I "LMAO".
    It is bullshit because not only to we give bosh to a eastern conference foe, but we do the Bulls a huge favour and take that Deng and his terrible contract. If we do this trade the Bulls would have to AT LEAST take Turk back because Deng and Turk play the exact same position, plus both have long, expansive contracts to.

Post Thanks / Like

If it were true I would imagine Turkoglu or Deng would shift to the 2.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If it were true I would imagine Turkoglu or Deng would shift to the 2.
    bwahahahahahahaha...sorry, just had a picture of hedo trying to defend a SG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    bwahahahahahahaha...sorry, just had a picture of hedo trying to defend a SG.
    He's played the 2 a lot in his career. He's not a good defender and I don't see much drop off. The guy has very quick feet. I think he would be ok. I think his length would work in his favor.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rebuttal continued...

NBA Starting SG
    J.Johnson- 6'7"
    Allen - 6'5"
    Jackson - 6'8"
    John Salmons - 6'6"
    A.Parker - 6'6"
    Butler - 6'7"
    JR Smith - 6'6"
    Rip - 6'7"
    Ellis - 6'3"
    Ariza - 6"7"
    Granger - 6'9"
    E.Gordon - 6'3"
    Kobe - 6'6"
    Mayo - 6'4"
    Wade - 6'4"
    Redd - 6'6"
    C.Brewer - 6'9"
    Lee - 6'5"
    Thornton - 6'4"
    Sefolosha - 6'7"
    Carter - 6'6"
    Iguodala - 6'6"
    J-Rich - 6'6"
    Roy - 6'6"
    k-Mart - 6'7"
    DeRozan - 6'7"
    R.Brewer - 6'7"
    Miller - 6'8"

Is it such a stretch that a mobile 6'10" player with PG skills who has started at SG, could start at SG in Toronto? What defense would they really be trying to salvage? He would have trouble with Kobe, Wade and a few others but at the 3 he's going to have trouble with other elite wings like James, Melo, etc. This is not a huge change in most instances.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 17th, 2010 at 10:02 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Would never happen, but something like this might be a little more feasible:

Bosh
    Turk
    O'Bryant
    Banks

For

Deng
    Noah
    Gibson
    Thomas (at worst a $4.7 mil expiring contract)
    Miller ($12.25 mil expiring contract)

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

c'mon, man. apollo - yer better than that.

having a height advantage over SGs is only an advantage if he's quick enough to get up on them while also being able to prevent blow-bys. all the extra height in the world ain't gonna do jack eff'n squat if he's gotta play 8-feet off a quicker SG - of which every guy on that list is.

'very quick feet?' 'mobile?' for reals? are we talking 'bout the same guy? puh-lease.

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    c'mon, man. apollo - yer better than that.

having a height advantage over SGs is only an advantage if he's quick enough to get up on them while also being able to prevent blow-bys. all the extra height in the world ain't gonna do jack eff'n squat if he's gotta play 8-feet off a quicker SG - of which every guy on that list is.

'very quick feet?' 'mobile?' for reals? are we talking 'bout the same guy? puh-lease.
    The point you lack to recognize is that most guys he faces at the 3 are just as fast and athletic as the guys are the 2, they're just on average a shade taller. What I'm telling you is on average the difference between the 2 and 3 in the league to day is minimal in most cases.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The point you lack to recognize is that most guys he faces at the 3 are just as fast and athletic as the guys are the 2, they're just on average a shade taller. What I'm telling you is on average the difference between the 2 and 3 in the league to day is minimal in most cases.
    I Sort of agree, but there is a quite large difference in the ball-handling abilities between the 2 positions. A square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square - meaning there ARE lots of guys that are just "Wing Players" like Derozan, Richardson, Grant Hill, Kobe, Vince, T-mac, etc that excel at 2 positions.... However.... a guy like Deng that's a very prototypical SF, while having an strength and low post advantage over most, does not have the quicks to chase ballhandling SG's around the perimeter (think Manu, Kobe, Roy etc).

Don't get me wrong.... It could definately be done, but one of Turk/Deng would have a pretty hefty ding on their Net PER's since they'd be at a defensive disadvantage...

P.S. Did you know that the NBA SF is on average the lowest paid position?? I guess guys like Ira Newble and Jamario Moon are draggin down the average...
    Last edited by Edgar; Wed Feb 17th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Thread Information