Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ujiri: He'd Be "Comfortable" Beginning Season With This Roster

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he always looked like a big eyed chubster to me, doesn't help that he has sort of a baby face. Its good that he lost that extra weight, dude was chunky. He also had an ass the size of the moon, well he probably still does unless there's a way to lose ass weight
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I have a few observations:

1. I can't see the Raptors starting the season with the current 15 man roster. I'd be surprised if the Camby and/or Kleiza situations are left unresolved. I also can't see them going into the season with just 2 PGs are the roster, especially when one has proven to be injury-prone and the other is still quite raw.

2. Both Ujiri and Weltman left the door wide open to hugely significant trades being made prior to the season (ie: Gay and/or DeRozan), as long as it's a fantastic offer.

3. MU is going to treat the first half of the season as one big roster evaluation, with regards to both individual player talent/potential and player 'fit' together. If this core doesn't produce solid results (ie: highly competitive with much improved win/loss record) while showing plenty of room for further improvement, I expect MU to be extremely busy leading up to the trade deadline. I could see MU going from 'compete for playoffs' to 'tank for 2014 draft and 2014 offseason rebuilding/retooling' in a heartbeat. He has several good players (ie: Gay, DeRozan, Lowry) and lots of expiring / potentially expiring (team option / non-guaranteed) contracts at his disposal (ie: Kleiza, Lowry, Gray, Johnson, Hansborough, Camby, Richardson, Stone, Acy), to use as trade bait.
    Masai might not have a Carmelo Anthony on this current roster, but the pieces and assets definitely have well-off value to acquire some good pieces (picks, prospects, expirings, etc).

I'll be quite surprised if Amir goes in my honest opinion, not only is he on a great contract (expiring, hopefully re-signed), he brings a lot of what Ujiri & Casey want, toughness and defense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    he always looked like a big eyed chubster to me, doesn't help that he has sort of a baby face. Its good that he lost that extra weight, dude was chunky. He also had an ass the size of the moon, well he probably still does unless there's a way to lose ass weight
    Have you worked out before?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I do. But I've never heard of butt exercises...maybe i have. Idk, i'm not much of a fitness person
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I thought he looked gassed several times this season
    I guess. It's hard to tell though. I mean JLin looked gassed 5 minutes into every game I ever watched him play, but he usually was better as the game went on.

Likewise, I've seen Lowry 'look' tired, but not sure that's worth much. Seen him go OFF at the end of games in which he's logged heavy minutes and in overtime as well.

Either way, unless he's developed an eating disorder I think we can agree that it's good news!

Post Thanks / Like

I worked out once...some weird salty liquid started coming out of my pores, so I said "fuck this, I'm out".

Post Thanks / Like

I do. But I've never heard of butt exercises...maybe i have. Idk, i'm not much of a fitness person
    Squats man, squats! Lots of that, and running. Basically leg workouts can do some of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Squats man, squats! Lots of that, and running. Basically leg workouts can do some of that.
    Hmm that's sounds true. I always thought those were only for the legs and calfs. I don't do too many leg workouts besides running, mostly upper body because my arms are like KD lanky...well not so much anymore but still not what i want. We should get back on topic lol

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to beat a dead horse.......but squats ain't gonna make your ass any smaller.

Post Thanks / Like

Liposuction or Asstoplasty is your only option

Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse.......but squats ain't gonna make your ass any smaller.
    No, but it does make it defined, or to the point, not fat. Okay, back to the topic please, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Why? Because Ujiri didn't go on air and announce that he was holding a fire sale?

I'd say right now it's about 50/50. The moves that he's made so far could be part of a playoff push but they could just as easily be simple asset accumulation as he starts to turn over the roster. Ujiri is a close to the vest type of guy (which I actually think is quite shrewd), so trying to decipher every single one of his public statements to find clues on which direction the team is going seems pointless. He's never going to plainly lay out his plan for everyone to see. We just need to wait and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Liposuction or Asstoplasty is your only option
    Hah! so i was right

Butt (pun intended) i did see some workout videos on the front page of youtube a few years back. They were on how to lose weight back there, not sure if the routines worked (it was mostly for women) but they did have a lot of views.

Post Thanks / Like

Ujiri is always working on his leverage. I love it, to paraphrase: "You want our players? Fine, here is market value and if you can't give us that then go away".

18. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Never seen those "Buns of Steel" $5 DVDs bin? No clue if they work, but there are programs marketed to that area.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

MU and TL did say that they don't expect to win the championship in the next season, so it's safe to say that they are using this next season as an evaluation of the team's current situation. I think that MU and TL will evaluate where this team is at up to the trade deadline. If we are doing exceptionally well (that being playoff bound), I think this will indicate to them that they will retool the roster to hopefully make this a championship caliber team. If we end up being absolute garbage (that being lottery bound), I think this will indicate to MU and TL that they need to rebuild this roster from the bottom up. It makes sense too if you look at the contracts that we have. Amir Johnson, Camby (if we don't end up trading him), Hansbrough, Richardson and Stone all have non-guaranteed/team option contracts for 2014-2015 season. Gay and Fields are expiring contracts in the 2014-2015 season which we can ship to help rebuild our roster. Lowry, and Klieza (if we don't ammesty him) come off the books next season. Val, Ross and Acy (should we decide to keep him) are young prospects we can keep for the rebuild. The only big and long contracts left would be Demar and Novak. So MU can totally gut our roster in the 2014 offseason and 2015 trade deadline to help rebuild this team. I know everyone wants us to rebuild now since the 2014 draft is one of the strongest drafts since the 2004 draft, but I think what MU and TL are doing make sense.

PS. Do correct me if I have make some mistakes about the contracts as I'm not an expert on the topic.
    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Wed Jul 10th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Why? Because Ujiri didn't go on air and announce that he was holding a fire sale?

I'd say right now it's about 50/50. The moves that he's made so far could be part of a playoff push but they could just as easily be simple asset accumulation as he starts to turn over the roster. Ujiri is a close to the vest type of guy (which I actually think is quite shrewd), so trying to decipher every single one of his public statements to find clues on which direction the team is going seems pointless. He's never going to plainly lay out his plan for everyone to see. We just need to wait and see what happens.
    Reading between the lines of the Tweets from Lewenberg and MacKenzie, I get the feeling that MU won't proactively 'tank' heading into the season, but all bets are off if this core stumbles out of the gate in the first half of the season. A poor start followed by a trade-deadline firesale is still an effective tank, without the karma associated with purposefully tanking before the season even starts.

Thread Information