• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry
    Ross
    Gay
    Aldridge
    Val

Thats a formidable team! But its missing any form of a bench..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      DeRozan & Amir & NY's 1st round pick?
      in a heartbeat, providing he resigns
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        That's a lot to give up for Aldridge. Minus the 1st round pick I would do it.
        I was just going off what the Cleveland rumor was, which was the 2013 1st overall pick and Thompson, I believe. Without the pick, I think it's too little.
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jul 12, 2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Well it all depends on where they think they will be in the standings. With Bynum and Aldridge in the paint and the young talent on the perimeter they would be picking in the teens, correct? That doesn't sound too bad for Aldridge.

Comment

DeRozan & Amir & NY's 1st round pick?
            Not a chance Portland takes that, I think. They're in win-now mode and if they're giving up an All-Star they want something equivalent back. I think MAYBE they do it for Rudy and more besides.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              Not a chance Portland takes that, I think. They're in win-now mode and if they're giving up an All-Star they want something equivalent back. I think MAYBE they do it for Rudy and more besides.
              I've been as hard on DeRozan as anybody, but I think you/we might be undervaluing him a little. Portland is set at SF with Batum, so I think they'd probably prefer a younger/cheaper DeRozan over Gay. I actually think Batum & DeRozan would fit together quite well, since Batum is more of a '3 & D' player. Amir is a pretty good replacement for LA, who's still young and decently priced (and he's potentially expiring, should Portland choose to either flip him or let him walk).

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                Lowry
                Ross
                Gay
                Aldridge
                Val

Thats a formidable team! But its missing any form of a bench..
                Frontcourt is excellent.

Backcourt not so much. Ross sucks and Lowry while good is very injury prone.

Comment

I've been as hard on DeRozan as anybody, but I think you/we might be undervaluing him a little. Portland is set at SF with Batum, so I think they'd probably prefer a younger/cheaper DeRozan over Gay. I actually think Batum & DeRozan would fit together quite well, since Batum is more of a '3 & D' player. Amir is a pretty good replacement for LA, who's still young and decently priced (and he's potentially expiring, should Portland choose to either flip him or let him walk).
                  They are also set with Lillard and McCollum able to play SG and with Wes Matthews.

Comment

• Puffer with the quote of this thread in another thread:

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    He said he would be comfortable going into this season with the current roster. That is worlds away from saying he was sticking with it.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post221171

Comment

• blammo, that's what's up right there
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Marz wrote: View Post
                        Really this is the most important question of this thread.
                        Fuck yes!
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                          This Raps roster would win too many games and not enough games. 35-40 win dead zone, no room to move up or down.
                          You dont have to believe everything Ujiri says. Truth be told he has couched most everything he has said so far. What he has said repeatedly is "flexibility" in all moves being contemplated. Implied here is the "all options on the table" position.

Comment

• Basically MU isn't going to do something stupid like trade an asset for the sake of trading for a need without the long game in view. Like say, trading a second round pick for Telfair.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                            X