Ujiri: He'd Be "Comfortable" Beginning Season With This Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liposuction or Asstoplasty is your only option
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
      Not to beat a dead horse.......but squats ain't gonna make your ass any smaller.
      No, but it does make it defined, or to the point, not fat. Okay, back to the topic please, lol.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Comment

Why? Because Ujiri didn't go on air and announce that he was holding a fire sale?

I'd say right now it's about 50/50. The moves that he's made so far could be part of a playoff push but they could just as easily be simple asset accumulation as he starts to turn over the roster. Ujiri is a close to the vest type of guy (which I actually think is quite shrewd), so trying to decipher every single one of his public statements to find clues on which direction the team is going seems pointless. He's never going to plainly lay out his plan for everyone to see. We just need to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              Liposuction or Asstoplasty is your only option
              Hah! so i was right

Butt (pun intended) i did see some workout videos on the front page of youtube a few years back. They were on how to lose weight back there, not sure if the routines worked (it was mostly for women) but they did have a lot of views.

Comment

Ujiri is always working on his leverage. I love it, to paraphrase: "You want our players? Fine, here is market value and if you can't give us that then go away".

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  I do. But I've never heard of butt exercises...maybe i have. Idk, i'm not much of a fitness person
                  Never seen those "Buns of Steel" $5 DVDs bin? No clue if they work, but there are programs marketed to that area.

Comment

MU and TL did say that they don't expect to win the championship in the next season, so it's safe to say that they are using this next season as an evaluation of the team's current situation. I think that MU and TL will evaluate where this team is at up to the trade deadline. If we are doing exceptionally well (that being playoff bound), I think this will indicate to them that they will retool the roster to hopefully make this a championship caliber team. If we end up being absolute garbage (that being lottery bound), I think this will indicate to MU and TL that they need to rebuild this roster from the bottom up. It makes sense too if you look at the contracts that we have. Amir Johnson, Camby (if we don't end up trading him), Hansbrough, Richardson and Stone all have non-guaranteed/team option contracts for 2014-2015 season. Gay and Fields are expiring contracts in the 2014-2015 season which we can ship to help rebuild our roster. Lowry, and Klieza (if we don't ammesty him) come off the books next season. Val, Ross and Acy (should we decide to keep him) are young prospects we can keep for the rebuild. The only big and long contracts left would be Demar and Novak. So MU can totally gut our roster in the 2014 offseason and 2015 trade deadline to help rebuild this team. I know everyone wants us to rebuild now since the 2014 draft is one of the strongest drafts since the 2004 draft, but I think what MU and TL are doing make sense.

PS. Do correct me if I have make some mistakes about the contracts as I'm not an expert on the topic.
                    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Wed Jul 10, 2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                      Why? Because Ujiri didn't go on air and announce that he was holding a fire sale?

I'd say right now it's about 50/50. The moves that he's made so far could be part of a playoff push but they could just as easily be simple asset accumulation as he starts to turn over the roster. Ujiri is a close to the vest type of guy (which I actually think is quite shrewd), so trying to decipher every single one of his public statements to find clues on which direction the team is going seems pointless. He's never going to plainly lay out his plan for everyone to see. We just need to wait and see what happens.
                      Reading between the lines of the Tweets from Lewenberg and MacKenzie, I get the feeling that MU won't proactively 'tank' heading into the season, but all bets are off if this core stumbles out of the gate in the first half of the season. A poor start followed by a trade-deadline firesale is still an effective tank, without the karma associated with purposefully tanking before the season even starts.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        probably going to merge this with something else shortly but for now....
                        ----------------------------2013--------- 2014 ---------- 2015

Quentin Richardson ---------1.4m ---------*1.45m-------- *1.5m
                        Julyan Stone----------------800k ---------*900k
                        Steve Novak----------------3.75m---------3.45m--------- 3.75m
                        Marcus Camby--------------4.4m----------*4.3m
                        Tyler Hansborough-----------2.5m----------2.5m

* = non guaranteed

Pyscho Ts salary is an estimate based off of tweets suggesting "part of the MLE was used to sign him"

1.) Nothing here is untradeable
                        2.) Everyone has a specific skillset
                        3.) Only one of these toys with the notion of "upside"
                        I can't believe that the Pacers, at team who apparently wants to win a championship soon could not fit $2.5M in the budget.

golden wrote: View Post
                        You could actually trade everybody else and play that lineup (plus JV) as your starters to ensure that you got a top 3 pick in 2014. Nobody could top that tank.
                        Back to the video games with you.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          Never seen those "Buns of Steel" $5 DVDs bin? No clue if they work, but there are programs marketed to that area.
                          Sounds like boob exercises to me lol

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Sounds like boob exercises to me lol
                            Got me. Literally on the floor

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Reading between the lines of the Tweets from Lewenberg and MacKenzie, I get the feeling that MU won't proactively 'tank' heading into the season, but all bets are off if this core stumbles out of the gate in the first half of the season. A poor start followed by a trade-deadline firesale is still an effective tank, without the karma associated with purposefully tanking before the season even starts.
                              If he's looking for cap dumps those will be available at the deadline. If he's looking for a shakeup, so too will other teams by the time the deadline rolls around. Sitting and waiting to see what happens actually makes a lot of sense at this point no matter the goal.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                I thought he looked gassed several times this season
                                There was a Casey interview a while back where he said Lowry was in the worst shape of his career when this season started. It was up on realgm I think but I can't find it there, here is a forum that has the quote.

http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/dc-...lbs-25453.html
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X