The New Cavs Roster with Newly Acquired Andrew Bynum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Cavs Roster with Newly Acquired Andrew Bynum

I'm actually kinda worried about the Cavs team this year. They are very strong. They have just signed Andrew Bynum to a two year deal. Their roster would look like this:

Irving/Jack
    Waiter/Quinn
    Gee/Bennett
    Thompson/Clark
    Bynum/Varejao/Zeller

That's a pretty good team! Very strong starting line-up and equally as strong bench. I'm kinda worried about our chances at playoffs.

Bynum seems like the x-factor, he can turn their season into a positive or very negative experience.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Bynum seems like the x-factor, he can turn their season into a positive or very negative experience.
      I would say that even if Bynum doesn't pan out, they still have a very good team:

Irving/Jack
      Waiter/Gee
      Bennett/Clark
      Thompson/Zeller
      Varejao/Bynum

Comment

I don't think Bynum has actually accepted the Cavs offer. They've just made an offer.

But if he does sign with the Cavs, then they have a pretty talented team. But like enlightenment said, Bynum could bring nothing to the table.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I don't think Bynum has actually accepted the Cavs offer. They've just made an offer.

But if he does sign with the Cavs, then they have a pretty talented team. But like enlightenment said, Bynum could bring nothing to the table.
          Andrew Bynum has decided to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Bynum also considered the Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks.

Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Bynum's deal will include $12 million in guaranteed money over two seasons and $6 million in Year 1. The Cavaliers hold an option for Year 2 worth $12.5 million.

Bynum missed the entire 12-13 season with knee issues after being acquired by the Philadelphia 76ers.

The Cavaliers are preserving cap space for the 2014 offseason.
          Link: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...With-Cavaliers
          Bynum is only guaranteed $6M this year. Fields make more than him. Very solid deal the Cavs pulled off. And like I said, even if Bynum doesn't work out, they are still a very very good team.
          Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Wed Jul 10, 2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
            I would say that even if Bynum doesn't pan out, they still have a very good team:

Irving/Jack
            Waiter/Gee
            Bennett/Clark
            Thompson/Zeller
            Varejao/Bynum
            Thats what winning 1st overall twice in 3 years can do for a team
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Thats what winning 1st overall twice in 3 years can do for a team
              Why can't we have that kinda luck?

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                Bynum is only guaranteed $6M this year. Fields make more than him. Very solid deal the Cavs pulled off.
                Well I get the feeling his Salary is actually higher than $6M.. just that $6M is guaranteed.
                Just like how his Option Year Salary will be $12.5M, with only $6M of that actually guaranteed.

But I do agree it was a good move. Especially with Varajao being a question mark. He is a nice trade chip now though.

Comment

I definitely don't see us as a top 8 team with a lot of the East teams getting stronger, but who knows.

Comment

They will not ship Varejao until next off-season...can't go into the season with a question mark in Bynum, Tyler Zeller and nothing else in the pivot.

This is no risk for Cleveland. They get Bynum for what they paid Luke Walton last year and have a reasonable team option with full Bird Rights and a reasonable cap hold. If he can't play it would suck, but it would still not be much of a hit for the Cavaliers.
                    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...reetballer.jpg

Comment

Sergey Karasev is going to be a rotation player for sure.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Sergey Karasev is going to be a rotation player for sure.
                        That too!

Comment

LOL they stopped tanking at the wrong time.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            LOL they stopped tanking at the wrong time.
                            or raised the stakes at the right time, in order to attract Lebron back to Cleveland come summer 2014.

Comment

I still see absolutely no reason LeBron will leave Miami. And I think if he does, his star takes another hit like the Decision. The greatest players in the history of the game don't go ring chasing. They stay in one place and make the rings come to them. I'd lose some more respect for LeBron if he left the Heat.

Comment

Working...
                              X