Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: DeMar's 3 pt shot (and what it means for the Raptors)

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    ...If you factor in the lost production of injuries, it makes demar more valuable, IMO, or at least SHOULD make him more valuable.

Anyway more food for thought.
    As long as he is a net positive while on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade Derozan.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Trade Derozan.
    k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    k
    I knew it! You are Ujiri, you bastard!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

5. Like thead liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Other than those 5 games as a rookie he's played and started every game for 3 consecutive seasons. That's pretty impressive. I think there needs to be more analysis on time lost due to injury. I assume that a player makes the same amount of $$$ regardless of whether they are injured or not. I wonder how much derozan made/game or per minute compared to other players. Theoretically, if Demar could have had a cheaper/minute played or per/game played rate than another SG who has a smaller salary but missed games due to injury. I also think that there needs to be more advanced stats as a factor of total salary. Anyway, I had been planning to start doing the background to do an article on Derozan trying to compare production & salary on a per game and/or per minute basis, but don't have the time.

If you factor in the lost production of injuries, it makes demar more valuable, IMO, or at least SHOULD make him more valuable.

Anyway more food for thought.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but can't you just look at his WS instead of WS/48 if you wanted to take total minutes into account? Something simple like annual salary divided by total win shares would work, no?

EDIT: Although... like somebody else pointed out, that only holds if the player is a net positive when they're on the court. DeRozan's WS/48 is below .100 (average player) and his on/off court numbers are inconclusive (his seasonal numbers fluctuate wildly over his career).
    Last edited by TRX; Mon Jul 22nd, 2013 at 08:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

10 pages
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    10 pages
    There's 50 billion on Dwight Buycks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    There's 50 billion on Dwight Buycks
    there's 4 and only one thread. there's a dozen threads on Demar's 3 point shooting, with this one somehow being ten pages.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    there's 4 and only one thread. there's a dozen threads on Demar's 3 point shooting, with this one somehow being ten pages.
    4!? Where did you pick that up? I haven't checked to be certain, but, there has to be at least 20..there's certainly more than 4

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, a bunch of the posts are objectively useless and a lot of them are reading comprehension fails and repetitions of already made points that get ignored/misinterpreted by those making the aforementioned reading comprehension fails.

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRX wrote: View Post
    To be fair, a bunch of the posts are objectively useless and a lot of them are reading comprehension fails and repetitions of already made points that get ignored/misinterpreted by those making the aforementioned reading comprehension fails.
    LOL you *pretty much* described a forum based website.

I say "pretty much" because all the posts are objectively useless... because we aren't DeRozan, Uriji or the coaching staff.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha, fair enough, but I think you know what I mean. Assuming the objective is to have rational and intelligent conversation about the Raptors, some posts are much more useless than others. Especially the last seven, including this one, haha

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Also said DeMar DeRozan has significantly improved his three-point shot. Now trick is doing it "when the popcorn's popping" (Regular season)—
    Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) July 25, 2013

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"DeRozan for three...Bang on!"
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one here that's going to have their head spinning while expecting something great out of our two guard spot? DeRozan's inefficiency, bad defense. Ross's awfulnesscy.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gerald Henderson just signed 3 yrs @ 6 mill./per w/bobcats....just saying.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Gerald Henderson just signed 3 yrs @ 6 mill./per w/bobcats....just saying.
    He's 2 years older, and came into the league with 2 more years of college experience..... just saying.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    He's 2 years older, and came into the league with 2 more years of college experience..... just saying.
    And the point being? Cap management and flexibility does not matter? DD should have stayed in school longer himself....those are not negatives to development basketball or otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one here that's going to have their head spinning while expecting something great out of our two guard spot? DeRozan's inefficiency, bad defense. Ross's awfulnesscy.
    i wasnt aware nba games were actually scored based on efficiency, rather than points

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    And the point being? Cap management and flexibility does not matter? DD should have stayed in school longer himself....those are not negatives to development basketball or otherwise.
    Just like you,,,,, I was "just saying". Make of it what your heart desires.

Thread Information