Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMar's 3 pt shot (and what it means for the Raptors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I aint shook lol

The way he started posting up last year it seemed clear that's what he worked on the most.
    I get the feeling he did work on his 3point shot but not as much as other aspects he knows he can excel at. Only bringing up the reference to working on his 3's in order to keep people happy who were criticizing.

There was only one real quote you gave me, the rest was all RR people talking.

Either way, I truly believe he will be better next season from 3pt range. Call me an asshole when he isn't.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      I aint shook lol

The way he started posting up last year it seemed clear that's what he worked on the most.
      I get the feeling he did work on his 3point shot but not as much as other aspects he knows he can excel at. Only bringing up the reference to working on his 3's in order to keep people happy who were criticizing.

Either way, I truly believe he will be better next season from 3pt range. Call me an asshole when he isn't.

There are four quotes from DD in this post from 2010, 2011, and 2012 and none of them are RR posters:
      http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post221236

Some of the quotes in there are utterly head scratching when you consider what has happened since they were made. This one stands out in particular:

“Whenever I am open, I intend to take (the three-pointer), but now I am trying to be more aggressive and not settle for as many jump shots,” said DeRozan. “I am trying to be more aggressive and get to the foul line.”
      He took 1231 shots of which 830 were jumpers and 449 were the worst shot in the game (16-24ft).

His 449 16-24ft attempts was 2nd in the entire league and he was 2nd in makes at 186. However that was 139th in percentage at 41.4%.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
        ...you're better off spending your time teaching a monkey to steal panties.
        And wouldn't the results of that be something to see.

Comment

I truly believe he will be better next season from 3pt range. Call me an asshole when he isn't.

Fair enough. From my perspective, I think there's about a 5% chance he shots OVER 35.0% (Huge improvement) from three on the season, a 15% chance that he gets to 33.0-34.9% (significant improvement) and about a 25% he shots 30%-32.9% (modest improvement) for the whole season. So that leaves 55% chance he doesn't improve at all.

I would LOVE to see him improve his 3pt shot. Especially from the corners.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            And wouldn't the results of that be something to see.
            Depends if she's shaved. and doesn't have VD. But you're picking the victim so pick wisely.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
              Fair enough. From my perspective, I think there's about a 5% chance he shots OVER 35.0% (Huge improvement) from three on the season, a 15% chance that he gets to 33.0-34.9% (significant improvement) and about a 25% he shots 30%-32.9% (modest improvement) for the whole season. So that leaves 55% chance he doesn't improve at all.

Come on man you're just pulling percentages out of your ass lol

Comment

I recall a post game interview from the end of the season where one of the reporters asked Demar if he's feeling comfortable with his 3point shot and he said "I get frustrated with myself because mentally I just don't shoot them" stating that's one thing he's got to get him mind around, stating it's just habit for him to try and get closer to the rim.

Comment

Come on man you're just pulling percentages out of your ass lol
                  Of course I am!
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I recall a post game interview from the end of the season where one of the reporters asked Demar if he's feeling comfortable with his 3point shot and he said "I get frustrated with myself because mentally I just don't shoot them" stating that's one thing he's got to get him mind around, stating it's just habit for him to try and get closer to the rim.
                    Couldn't resist.
                    Last edited by ezz_bee; Sun Jul 14, 2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

The interview I speak of is still on www.nba.com/raptors/. Just gotta go back a few pages in the videos section.

Comment

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/originals/index.html

Page 6, Demar Derozan April 17.

As you can see I'm not making this shit up lol

Comment

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/originals/index.html

Page 6, Demar Derozan April 17.

As you can see I'm not making this shit up lol
                          hahaha, I appreciate you digging it up.

It seems like derozan views his problem with 3 point shooting as a mental thing, in the past he's attributed improvements (which turned out to be temporary) to being more comfortable, as opposed to changing mechanics. Not sure whether this means that he is more or less likely to figure it out.
                          Last edited by ezz_bee; Sun Jul 14, 2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post

Stop saying crap like this it makes you look really stupid.

Where in all hell did you get those percentages from?

Comment

110% of people can't do math
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

82% of statistics are made up on the spot to impress people on internet forums
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X