Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMar's 3 pt shot (and what it means for the Raptors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    ...If you factor in the lost production of injuries, it makes demar more valuable, IMO, or at least SHOULD make him more valuable.

Anyway more food for thought.
    As long as he is a net positive while on the floor.

Comment

• Trade Derozan.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        Trade Derozan.
        k
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          k
          I knew it! You are Ujiri, you bastard!
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            Other than those 5 games as a rookie he's played and started every game for 3 consecutive seasons. That's pretty impressive. I think there needs to be more analysis on time lost due to injury. I assume that a player makes the same amount of $$$ regardless of whether they are injured or not. I wonder how much derozan made/game or per minute compared to other players. Theoretically, if Demar could have had a cheaper/minute played or per/game played rate than another SG who has a smaller salary but missed games due to injury. I also think that there needs to be more advanced stats as a factor of total salary. Anyway, I had been planning to start doing the background to do an article on Derozan trying to compare production & salary on a per game and/or per minute basis, but don't have the time.

If you factor in the lost production of injuries, it makes demar more valuable, IMO, or at least SHOULD make him more valuable.

Anyway more food for thought.
            Maybe I'm missing something, but can't you just look at his WS instead of WS/48 if you wanted to take total minutes into account? Something simple like annual salary divided by total win shares would work, no?

EDIT: Although... like somebody else pointed out, that only holds if the player is a net positive when they're on the court. DeRozan's WS/48 is below .100 (average player) and his on/off court numbers are inconclusive (his seasonal numbers fluctuate wildly over his career).
            Last edited by TRX; Mon Jul 22, 2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• 10 pages
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                10 pages
                There's 50 billion on Dwight Buycks

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                  There's 50 billion on Dwight Buycks
                  there's 4 and only one thread. there's a dozen threads on Demar's 3 point shooting, with this one somehow being ten pages.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    there's 4 and only one thread. there's a dozen threads on Demar's 3 point shooting, with this one somehow being ten pages.
                    4!? Where did you pick that up? I haven't checked to be certain, but, there has to be at least 20..there's certainly more than 4

Comment

• To be fair, a bunch of the posts are objectively useless and a lot of them are reading comprehension fails and repetitions of already made points that get ignored/misinterpreted by those making the aforementioned reading comprehension fails.

Comment

• TRX wrote: View Post
                        To be fair, a bunch of the posts are objectively useless and a lot of them are reading comprehension fails and repetitions of already made points that get ignored/misinterpreted by those making the aforementioned reading comprehension fails.
                        LOL you *pretty much* described a forum based website.

I say "pretty much" because all the posts are objectively useless... because we aren't DeRozan, Uriji or the coaching staff.

Comment

• hahaha, fair enough, but I think you know what I mean. Assuming the objective is to have rational and intelligent conversation about the Raptors, some posts are much more useless than others. Especially the last seven, including this one, haha

Comment

• "Also said DeMar DeRozan has significantly improved his three-point shot. Now trick is doing it "when the popcorn's popping" (Regular season)—
                            Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) July 25, 2013

Comment

• "DeRozan for three...Bang on!"

Comment

• Am I the only one here that's going to have their head spinning while expecting something great out of our two guard spot? DeRozan's inefficiency, bad defense. Ross's awfulnesscy.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X