Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does Everyone Think Of Kovalchuk Retiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does Everyone Think Of Kovalchuk Retiring?

Everybody has to know by now. But, just incase, today, at the age of 30, Devils LW Ilya Kovalchuk retired from the NHL.

He will sign with Ska St. Petersburg of the KHL(Russia) for $15.255 million or something around there.

This only a few years after signing that ridiculous contract with the devils. Something like 17 years/107 million just circumventing the CBA.

What does everyone think?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

why did he do it?

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
      why did he do it?
      So he could return to Russia.

He's leaving $77M on the table. Pretty hefty sum.

There's so much money to be made in Russia for these guys though, that it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Jagr did it. Made some nice dough
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Huge for the Devils. Essentially terminated the horrible contract from their cap.

I think he may be back in the NHL at some point though..
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Ya, I think he will be in like five years..maybe, less

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              So he could return to Russia.

He's leaving $77M on the table. Pretty hefty sum.

There's so much money to be made in Russia for these guys though, that it doesn't surprise me.
              We don't know what sorts of endorsment deals or perks he has waiting. Plus he's home.

Home should not be underrated.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                We don't know what sorts of endorsment deals or perks he has waiting. Plus he's home.

Home should not be underrated.
                Also, tax-free.

Comment

Working...
                X