Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: starting five

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not Rocket Science

    C - JV
    PF - Amir
    SF - Gay
    SG - DeRozan
    PG - Lowry

    Starting 5 for your Toronto Raptors.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Also starting Hansbrough over Amir would be like taking Lena Dunham home over Allison Williams
    I hope to never see Lena Dunham naked again. Wtf is her problem!?

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    How the hell is that small ball?

    6'6, 6'7, 6'10, 6'9, 6'10

    ...
    Since when was Lowry 6'6? He just looks tall now cuz he's less fat

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote big boi wrote: View Post
    Since when was Lowry 6'6? He just looks tall now cuz he's less fat
    Oh... Stone. That's my bad.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't see it happening, but if I was coaching and my goal was to make the playoffs I'd definitely experiment with this line up as starters

    Lowry
    Fields
    Gay
    Amir
    JV

    The idea that Fields does a lot of little things better than derozan (cutting off the ball, setting screens, +defender), and you add more scoring to your bench. I still think Demar gets 30+ minutes a game. Basically, you go with primarily a 3 man rotation on the 2 and 3 spots, with Fields playing the 3 when he and Demar are on together. The downside is that it becomes difficult to get minutes to develop Ross.

    Like I said, I don't see it happening, but I sure would like casey to try it.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I don't see it happening, but if I was coaching and my goal was to make the playoffs I'd definitely experiment with this line up as starters

    Lowry
    Fields
    Gay
    Amir
    JV

    The idea that Fields does a lot of little things better than derozan (cutting off the ball, setting screens, +defender), and you add more scoring to your bench. I still think Demar gets 30+ minutes a game. Basically, you go with primarily a 3 man rotation on the 2 and 3 spots, with Fields playing the 3 when he and Demar are on together. The downside is that it becomes difficult to get minutes to develop Ross.

    Like I said, I don't see it happening, but I sure would like casey to try it.
    Thats a good to not make the playoffs until Fields starts hitting shots he is poison on this team. That line up is going to put so much pressure on Gay...

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Thats a good to not make the playoffs until Fields starts hitting shots he is poison on this team. That line up is going to put so much pressure on Gay...
    If Field's shot is as broken as it was last year, then you're probably right, I also think you might be undervaluing some the skills fields has. Particularly moving without the ball, cutting, and passing. Sure it's more pressure on gay offensively, but it's WAY less pressure for the bench. Demar and Gay will still get plenty of time together.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Depending on how much Ross's game improves and if he has the ability to shoot a +.350 3 pt%. I would totally start him in lieu of DeMar. DeMar has the ability to come in for either Ross or Gay and can play +30mins in that role. Here's my rotation, based on Ross's improvement.

    JV/Amir/Gray
    Amir/Psycho T/Novak
    Gay/DeMar/Fields
    Ross/DeMar/Fields
    Lowry/????

    -DeMar subs for Ross or Gay, Fields gets the remaining minutes at the 2 and 3.
    -Psycho T (+30) subs Amir and JV with Novak and Gray covering the remaining Minutes at the 4 and 5
    -PG???? I'm not totally sold on Buycks, maybe he will surprise me. If not hopeully we get a solid floor general to play the remaining 12mins behind Lowry

    I think this line up would bring some balance.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ross is not better than DeMar, in fact he's not even a good player. Why do people keep saying he should start?

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Ross is not better than DeMar, in fact he's not even a good player. Why do people keep saying he should start?
    The jury is still out on Ross. I think he has more potential than DeMar. Ross didn't get consistent playing time in his rookie season, and I think this offseason will be huge in his development. I love DeMar, I think he would be a perfect 6th man. I just think if Ross can become a consistent 3pt. shooter he would be a better pairing with Rudy. James Harden, and Ginobili were/are 6th Men, and they are definitely better than the guys starting in front of them. It's about find balance scoring, and maximizing your rotations.

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    how the hell is this 3 pages
    @jerboat

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    how the hell is this 3 pages
    People have great imaginations and see growth, development and possibilities in any situation. They equate hope with reality and then start discussions around these chimera. Until cold, hard facts crush their dreams and leave them lying on the pavement, like slow rodents on a busy street.

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    Depending on how much Ross's game improves and if he has the ability to shoot a +.350 3 pt%. I would totally start him in lieu of DeMar. DeMar has the ability to come in for either Ross or Gay and can play +30mins in that role. Here's my rotation, based on Ross's improvement.

    JV/Amir/Gray
    Amir/Psycho T/Novak
    Gay/DeMar/Fields
    Ross/DeMar/Fields
    Lowry/????

    -DeMar subs for Ross or Gay, Fields gets the remaining minutes at the 2 and 3.
    -Psycho T (+30) subs Amir and JV with Novak and Gray covering the remaining Minutes at the 4 and 5
    -PG???? I'm not totally sold on Buycks, maybe he will surprise me. If not hopeully we get a solid floor general to play the remaining 12mins behind Lowry

    I think this line up would bring some balance.
    +30min as a backup? wtf are you on?

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    +30min as a backup? wtf are you on?
    It's possible. JR Smith averaged 33+ a game, Jamal Crawfored averaged a hair under 30. Put him in that kind of role and it's easily attainable.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    30+ or +30?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guys don't forget that Gay is much better as a 4 than a 3. People, thought for years that Carmelo was a 3, but NYK smartened up last season and played him as their starting 4 and he had a career year. Gay is a very similar player and he played much better for us when he was down on the block, instead of jacking up 3's and long 2's.

    Now do you put Fields, Ross or Novak in the starting line-up, when you put Gay at the 4 is the real question?
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •