Brandon Jennings: Whats going on??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Jennings: Whats going on??

I need some help understanding the situation. The Bucks signed Teague and clearly have moved on from the Jennings-Ellis era. He was a restricted FA and he didn't sign any offer sheets because Milwaukee said they would match anything. Atlanta said no to a Jennings for Teague s&t, I have no clue why?!?! So what happens now? I dont know what happens after RFA. Since its past July 10 is he now with the Bucks on contract for one more year? Is he now a UFA?

I think his qualifying offer is his contract
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Well, he still has to sign his qualifying offer. He has no job right now...And I can't see any team making a strong push for him. He's a pretty mediocre player. Streaky shooter with bad D, no leadership qualities, and doesn't do a good job getting his teammates involved. One of my least favourite players on the planet.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Well, he still has to sign his qualifying offer. He has no job right now...And I can't see any team making a strong push for him. He's a pretty mediocre player. Streaky shooter with bad D, no leadership qualities, and doesn't do a good job getting his teammates involved. One of my least favourite players on the planet.
        You clearly haven't seen me play.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          You clearly haven't seen me play.
          I should've said in the NBA. But if you feel like shooting (loosely) at a basket, come down to Rotterdam.

Comment

Chris Vivlamore: Hawks will match the offer sheet to Jeff Teague. Back in Atlanta. #ATLHawks Twitter @ajchawks
            Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#1JqjApRQzRb0OzGs.99
            Teague is staying in Atlanta! They matched the offer sheet.

Comment

I should've said in the NBA. But if you feel like shooting (loosely) at a basket, come down to Rotterdam.
              I always shoot loosely. Btw, I've always denied that this is me:

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                I always shoot loosely. Btw, I've always denied that this is me:

Trying to pad his stats..or is he just that dumb?
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Does it count as a rebound if you're shooting at your own basket?
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

That's being pretty harsh don't you think? If there's a market for Bargnani (which none of us thought there was), there's definitely a market for him. He's not a great shooter, doesn't play great defense, and is still pretty immature, but he has improved his passing. He's arguably a top 15 PG in the NBA. You can tell he doesn't want to play for the Bucks anymore. I say he takes the $4.5 qualifying offer and go where ever the hell he wants next next season.

Comment

The new CBA is finally demonstrating some level of effectiveness. Monta Ellis got a paltry deal, and several free agents have signed on for only 2-3 years. In addition, over-hyped (at least initially) players like Jennings are not seeing as much market interest. Jennings will probably get a contract along the lines of Teague's, but he isn't willing to accept that yet so he'll probably take the qualifying offer.

Comment

Good breakdown of his game. His form does look somewhat nice though, it would be cool if he actually made it most of the time.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Good breakdown of his game. His form does look somewhat nice though, it would be cool if he actually made it most of the time.
                          Wow, he'd better threaten to sue them if they don't take that video down.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            That's being pretty harsh don't you think? If there's a market for Bargnani (which none of us thought there was), there's definitely a market for him. He's not a great shooter, doesn't play great defense, and is still pretty immature, but he has improved his passing. He's arguably a top 15 PG in the NBA. You can tell he doesn't want to play for the Bucks anymore. I say he takes the $4.5 qualifying offer and go where ever the hell he wants next next season.
                            I don't think it's harsh.

Thre was a market for Bargnani because it was a trade. This means a team can shed assets they don't want. So a deal is more appealing.

I mean, would there be a market for Bargnani if he was a RFA asking for 12 million, but who's worth 4 or 5 at best?

Also, as much as we all like to hate on Bargnani around here, he is a rarer type of player in this league than Jennings because of size/position, making him a stretch 4. What unique skill set does Jennings have? None. He brings nothing special to the PG position, and doesn't excel in any area of skill.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                              Jennings is a replacement player. There's no evidence that he should be taking as many shots as he does, or that he does anything else particularly well.
                              And we think DeMar's inefficient:

DeRozan - 18 PPG on 15 FGA
                              Jennings - 17 PPG on 15.6 FGA

I know we lack 3pt shooting, but Jennings is not the way to go in terms of improving this.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X