Tiago Splitter=$36M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiago Splitter=$36M

The Spurs have re-signed center Tiago Splitter after the best season of the Brazilian center's career.

Terms of the deal announced Saturday weren't released. The contract is reportedly worth $36 million over four seasons.

Splitter started 58 of 81 games and averaged career highs at 10.3 points and 6.4 rebounds. He provided a strong pairing with forward Tim Duncan as the Spurs reached the NBA Finals and were within 28 seconds of the championship in Game 6 before Miami rallied and won the series in seven games.

The 28-year-old Splitter was drafted by the Spurs late in the first round in 2007 but didn't join them until three years later. He spent 10 years in the Spanish League after signing at the age of 15.

Source
    And people once thought Amir was overpaid! Holy cow!
    I have to seriously question the Spurs thinking on this one. Splitter is not worth $9M per.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    And people once thought Amir was overpaid! Holy cow!
    I have to seriously question the Spurs thinking on this one. Splitter is not worth $9M per.
    I have to disagree with you here. You should check out his stats and compare them with Marc Gasol. He's not very far away. He also had the best defensive rating on the Spurs team. He has quietly become one of the best big man in the league who can play on both sides of the court. Splitter is better because of that than many big man who get paid way more (Jefferson/Lopez/Okafor/Bogut because of injuries/Nene/Garnett/Stoudemire/Griffin/Lee/Humphries/Jordan/McGee) He's going to be more important for them every day Duncan gets older. At 9 million a year, they got him on a cheap contract in my opinion.
    Last edited by Soft Euro; Sat Jul 13, 2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

you gotta pay for size, unfortunately. he's not worth that contract but very few bigs actually are.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
      X