Couldn't believe this when I saw it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hassan wrote: View Post
    if JV becomes an allstar centre and demar improves his 3pt shot then the raps will be a contender . I Predict the raps will win a championship in 5 years
    That's a bold prediction. I hope you're right.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
      if JV becomes an allstar centre and demar improves his 3pt shot then the raps will be a contender . I Predict the raps will win a championship in 5 years
      Can't really see lebron retiring in the next 5 years

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        Can't really see lebron retiring in the next 5 years
        could get bored and play football
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          could get bored and play football
          Haha. Ok there is a possibility we can win a championship in the next 5 years.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I would most definitely be complaining right now about DeRozan's extension.

DD is an average to below average NBA starter. The average NBA player makes around $5M per season. The median NBA salary is something like $2.5M. He is overpaid somewhere in the range of 2-4 times his production. In the new CBA with ridiculous penalties every dollar below the cap counts because the ability to take other team's money presents itself. We are already seeing a lot of teams making financial versus basketball trades.

DD will be 24 this upcoming season with 9700 NBA minutes under his belt. He has already equaled the length of an average NBA career. He has been a 1st or 2nd option for nearly 3 seasons. Nearly 100% of players with that much experience and opportunity have shown what they are. If there was still natural talent left to be tapped, a man of his work ethic would have extracted it by now. Unfortunately it seems quite likely the following statement while harsh is true: he is what he is. All the potential talk is a sad sequel to a recently departed Raptor who had all the talent but just lacked the work ethic and desire - of if we could only make a Raptor Hybrid.

Here is a fun game that illustrates the frustration with DD's extension. Player A is just signed to a new 4 year, $38M contract. Player B is signed to a one year veteran minimum. And now......

GUESS THAT PLAYA!

(all stats are per48 minutes)

Playa A:

WP48: .054
            PoP: -1.4
            PTS: 23.7
            REB: 5.1
            AST: 3.2
            STL: 1.2
            TO: 2.4
            eFG%: 45.9%
            TS%: 52.3%
            FGA: 19.6
            3ptFGA: 1.9
            FTA: 6.8
            PPP: 1.20

Playa B:

WP48: .056
            PoP: -1.4
            PTS: 21.4
            REB: 4.4
            AST: 2.9
            STL: 1.2
            TO: 1.7
            eFG%: 48.2%
            TS%: 52.5%
            FGA: 18.4
            3ptFGA: 7.1
            FTA: 4.4
            PPP: 1.16

This is not to say that player A and B should be paid equally - hardly. Player A is younger and is known for strong character unlike player B. However, when you get past subjective intangibles and look strictly at individual on court production, is the difference worth $8.3M per season?
            ... So who's player b

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I remember the opposite happening a lot though as well ... dig ourselves a 10-15 point deficit by the end of the first quarter, and spend the rest of the game fighting our way back, only to lose by 2 points. UGH. Lol.
              Or the start of the 3rd quarter, again with our starting unit on the floor. I seem to recall many close games the past couple seasons, where it seems as though we were badly outcoached over halftime. Half on coaching, half on the starters. That's the difference between good starters and elite starters, I suppose.

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                ... So who's player b
                My gut feeling is Nick Young, just signed with the Lakers.. too lazy to look up the stats though.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                  ... So who's player b
                  Isaac nailed it.

Nick Young.

Comment

Working...
                  X