No announcement yet.

Tim Leiweke: "we may ultimately have to, excuse my English, suck to be good"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ownership is ready to suck for a while, fans are not. too bad... those who are not will suffer. I want to see this team in the finals in 5 years, do you?!

Comment

unknown guest wrote: View Post
      Give it another decade, when home grown talent starts becoming the norm in the NBA, and more non-Canadians start dominating the NHL game.
      I sure hope you're right. If that ever happens I may actually start watching TSN!

(I do for Raps games, but otherwise, their hockey panel is a complete joke.)
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        *Temporary Hijack*
        While I can appreciate the sentiment of that song being Basketball Related (..or is it?) ... that is absolutely HORRIBLE! LOL
        Is that what the kids are listening to these days?! My god .. I'm not even 30 and I feel old just listening to that. Hahah

He's not even rapping about anything. The only words he bothers to rhyme together are "n*gga" with "n*gga". Lol

*Ahem* Sorry ... Rant over ... Lol

...I do like the part about "Going hard in the paint" though ... that's catchy.
        Last edited by Joey; Tue Jul 16, 2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          While I can appreciate the sentiment of that song being Basketball Related (..or is it?) ... that is absolutely HORRIBLE! LOL
          Is that what the kids are listening to these days?! My god .. I'm not even 30 and I feel old just listening to that. Hahah

He's not even rapping about anything. The only words he bothers to rhyme together are "n*gga" with "n*gga". Lol

*Ahem* Sorry ... Rant over ... Lol

...I do like the part about "Going hard in the paint" though ... that's catchy.
          I like rap but damn, that song is horrible.

There's tons of kids my age that like that stuff, but you ain't ever gonna catch me listening to stuff like that.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            no one cares about making the 8th seed and having a first round exit.

you mean 4-19. and it was more like missing the playoffs by 10 games, since the end of the season was obviously against teams who DID make the playoffs and didn't give a shit about winning.

either way, by your logic are you saying that milwaukee and philadelphia were in a great place last year then? philly was ahead of us despite not making the playoffs and milwaukee actually made it to the playoffs! oh boy look how well that turned out for both teams!
            You don't just go from out of the playoffs to a top 3 seed. Unless you make some drastic changes and get lucky like these "big three" teams..

It's a slow build. Making the playoffs is a step in the right direction even as the 8th seed. Plus, your logic is stupid because it doesn't matter what seed you are, you are always susceptible to a first round exit.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              I like rap but damn, that song is horrible.

There's tons of kids my age that like that stuff, but you ain't ever gonna catch me listening to stuff like that.
              The song is awful. But, really the people that listen to that aren't listening for lyrical purposes. Just something with a good beat and loud bass
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                You don't just go from out of the playoffs to a top 3 seed. Unless you make some drastic changes and get lucky like these "big three" teams..

It's a slow build. Making the playoffs is a step in the right direction even as the 8th seed. Plus, your logic is stupid because it doesn't matter what seed you are, you are always susceptible to a first round exit.
                i'm starting to think you have no idea how the playoffs work.

Comment

The song is awful. But, really the people that listen to that aren't listening for lyrical purposes. Just something with a good beat and loud bass
                  Thats a beat?! Lol Its potentially the worst beat I've ever heard.

Comment

i'm starting to think you have no idea how the playoffs work.
                    Please enlighten me, oh mighty iblastoff..

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Thats a beat?! Lol Its potentially the worst beat I've ever heard.
                      I have no intention of listening to that song. But, I'm just going with trends I notice

Comment

making the playoffs itself doesn't really mean anything. even ujiri said ANYONE can build a playoff team. what matters is progression. the hawks have been consistent in making the playoffs for the past several years and they're considered stuck in no mans land. you call that success or a 'step in the right direction'? the bucks made 8th seed last year. if they were in the 'right direction' why did they blow the whole team up?

as for first round exit? you do realize 8th seed has to play the 1st seed right? in all of NBA history (basically early 80s when this playoff format was instilled) its been VERY rare for the 8th seed to ever knock out the 1st seed, hence basically guaranteed exit. no shit that "you are always susceptible to a first round exit" but the chances of that for an 8th seed time are exponentially higher.

Comment

making the playoffs itself doesn't really mean anything. even ujiri said ANYONE can build a playoff team. what matters is progression. the hawks have been consistent in making the playoffs for the past several years and they're considered stuck in no mans land. you call that success or a 'step in the right direction'? the bucks made 8th seed last year. if they were in the 'right direction' why did they blow the whole team up?

as for first round exit? you do realize 8th seed has to play the 1st seed right? in all of NBA history (basically early 80s when this playoff format was instilled) its been VERY rare for the 8th seed to ever knock out the 1st seed, hence basically guaranteed exit. no shit that "you are always susceptible to a first round exit" but the chances of that for an 8th seed time are exponentially higher.
                          While what you say is true, I think you're missing the point. 2 seasons ago, Philly and Indiana were basically at the same level. Both looked like promising, up and coming teams, challenging higher seeds and making them work to progress to the next round. Philly has since begun a rebuilding project, while Indiana is in the thick of things. Rewinding to two years ago, could you have predicted this?

The point is you never really know whether or not you will progress. The best you can do is build a playoff team, and then add the parts necessary to get you into contention. The Sixers tried to do this with the Bynum trade and failed, But Indiana managed to get it right.

Comment

I think the point you’re missing is that for a team like the Raptors, who haven’t made the playoffs in several seasons, making the playoffs would be significant progression. Nobody is suggesting simply making the playoffs is the end goal, but rather an initial goal, to be used as a stepping stone for greater, sustainable success.

Making the playoffs as the 8th seed doesn’t automatically mean that the team is unable to become anything better. Only poorly managed teams become the dreaded “treadmill” team that is too bad to improve and too good to rebuild. I hate when people equate a non-playoff team finally making the playoffs to perennial “treadmill” teams like Atlanta and Milwaukee, simply because they’ve fought and improved to make the playoffs in the first place. I don’t think TL or MU are the type of guys to rest of their laurels of simply making the playoffs... they’d only use that as motivation to continue to improve.
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jul 16, 2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                              While what you say is true, I think you're missing the point. 2 seasons ago, Philly and Indiana were basically at the same level. Both looked like promising, up and coming teams, challenging higher seeds and making them work to progress to the next round. Philly has since begun a rebuilding project, while Indiana is in the thick of things. Rewinding to two years ago, could you have predicted this?

The point is you never really know whether or not you will progress. The best you can do is build a playoff team, and then add the parts necessary to get you into contention. The Sixers tried to do this with the Bynum trade and failed, But Indiana managed to get it right.
                              and then the pacers DRAFTED paul george.

as for the raptors, not even at this point is anyone saying they look promising or upcoming at all.
                              Last edited by iblastoff; Tue Jul 16, 2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

and then the pacers DRAFTED paul george.
                                What? Paul George was drafted BEFORE their playoff run. In 2010. Just before Ed Davis. Which resulted in me crying myself to sleep that night (imagine a DeRozan-George combo... *sigh*).

Comment

Working...
                                X