Tim Leiweke: "we may ultimately have to, excuse my English, suck to be good"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Right, Brandon and when do we start the book burnings then? Why don't we start with everything written prior to 1900 and then work our way forward to 2010? Let's get rid of all this history getting in the way.
    HAHAHA. That's the first time I've seen you be sarcastic. Awesome timing, too.

So...when you gonna close that Bargnani thread and my legacy of being the "creator" of the biggest and most popular thread in RR history can be etched forever in internet history?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
      Why do you want to burn books?
      Jake Gyleinhall told him to.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

books burn at 451 degrees farenheit
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          books burn at 451 degrees farenheit
          http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZZr_p...%3DGeZZr_p6vB8

Comment

I don't recommend naked book burning. I have singed many a pube that way
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

You sing about pubes well burning books?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Making the playoffs as the 8th seed doesn’t automatically mean that the team is unable to become anything better.
                Yes, but then we're back to the old saw about "well, how do you become better." And your choices remain the same:

1. Drafting
                2. Trading
                3. Free agency
                4. Internal development

The problem with the Raptors is that they don't have a wealth of recent draft picks acquired from other teams (the Bargnani trade basically got us back to "even" after Colangelo decided that spending picks like water was the way to go), so drafting as a way to add complimentary pieces is a limited strategy and much more luck-dependent than it could be since as built our team is stuck in the mediocre middle.

As constructed, trading doesn't work because the parts of the team that are supposedly key to playoff success are the only trade assets we have; there is no superfluous good player that we could potentially trade away to improve (like, for example, how Golden State has David Lee, who is a fine player but it has been shown that Golden State probably doesn't need him to succeed), and if we need to break the ceiling anyway it'll take an All-Star level player and they ain't cheap.

Free agency doesn't work because our core is too expensive and will just get pricier (if we re-sign Kyle, he's likely going to cost a couple million more than he currently does at least) so we have no cap room to add people.

So we're back to hoping that our guys just get better than they were, and we extend the "can Demar get a three-point shot" thread a little further and talk about Gary Payton and Rip Hamilton (never mind that it's far more likely an option that DeMar improves by learning to defend properly under Casey's tutelage than him finally finding that three-point shot he's been trying to find for three seasons now), because any serious move to change the team in any other way amounts to blowing it up. Internal development is the least likely way to get above the "ceiling" and is the strategically weakest form of stepping stone, but unless you want to blow this team up, it's the only way forward.

That's what Colangelo decided was best, and it's why he was fired. With good reason.

Comment

So...when you gonna close that Bargnani thread and my legacy of being the "creator" of the biggest and most popular thread in RR history can be etched forever in internet history?
                  Just like Bargnani's poor shot selection last season, the thread can't be stopped.

LBF wrote: View Post
                  HAHAHA. That's the first time I've seen you be sarcastic. Awesome timing, too.
                  Hey, I'm not often volleyed such perfect passes for the throwdown.

Brandon wrote:
                  Why do you want to burn books?
                  I'm just taking your statement and running with it. This is the year 2013 after all.

If there were a lottery riding on this thread I think we would now be in line with the best odds to win it.

Comment

Just like Bargnani's poor shot selection last season, the thread can't be stopped.
                    Well, more ass kissing ahead for me then.

Hehehe. Until everyone forgets about it and then i'll start being a douche..Whoops, did I say that out loud?

Hey, I'm not often volleyed such perfect passes for the throwdown.
                    There was some serious fire in there.

Apollo wrote: View Post

If there were a lottery riding on this thread I think we would now be in line with the best odds to win it.
                    I have no idea where this came from..

I'm just taking your statement and running with it. This is the year 2013 after all.
                    Everything is on the internet, anyways.

Comment

• Grange/SportsNet: Leiweke fond of risky business

Video and column in link:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/g...isky-business/

Money shot:

“The money is there,” he said. “What we don’t have is a culture of accountability.”

Comment

• Based on all the coaches and GM's that have been fired then he must be talking about the board; yeah, I went there.

Comment

• Either that or find your sense of humor; other people got it.

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                            If I don't care about 60s banners and photos being displayed at the ACC, I must be in favour of burning books? I didn't expect anyone to draw that corollary, but I'll definitely have to be more guarded next time.
                            Calm your tits, man. He's just messin around. We all do that..

Comment

Working...
                            X