Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Leiweke: "we may ultimately have to, excuse my English, suck to be good"

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

F the Leafs really. They and their fans have had and continue to have a sense of entitlement in this town for a hundred years. One just have to tune in to the radio and tv stations to understand there is an industry built around them to the exclusion of all other sports. I just heard today that the fast growing sport among kids today is basketball with soccer next and then hockey. Nothing against hockey but god they spew it 24/7 in this town and treat that clown Cherry as an intellectual.

rant done.

2. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    F the Leafs really. They and their fans have had and continue to have a sense of entitlement in this town for a hundred years. One just have to tune in to the radio and tv stations to understand there is an industry built around them to the exclusion of all other sports. I just heard today that the fast growing sport among kids today is basketball with soccer next and then hockey. Nothing against hockey but god they spew it 24/7 in this town and treat that clown Cherry as an intellectual.

rant done.
    We're Canadian, the media will never change.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I got sick of the leafs a long time ago. Don't care about them.

I don't care nearly as much about the raptors as I used to.

The new ownership seems to want to turn over a new leaf, which is good
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry TL & MU, it's not your fault, but I simply cannot get excited by off-season talk coming from suits. Your predecessors have put you in a really tough spot to win back my confidence, which can only be done with action not words, no matter how epic the sound byte may be.

6. Like Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does nobody understand what it takes to win in the NBA? This "slow build", this and that, it's all fine and dandy. You need a top 10 player in the NBA, and then you need a top 20 support player and top 30 support-support player. Or in rare cases like the early 90's Pistons and 2000's Pistons, in which case they had no top 10 player but teams of all stars. The Raptors are a LONG way from that. Rudy Gay would be a good 3rd option, Valanciunas will probably develop into a good 3rd option, but we have zero true franchise guys and unless we draft one, we ain't getting it either.

Remember the last time we came close to the final four? We drafted a "near" franchise player, then he bolted. Bosh was, as we all now see, a good #3 option. In other words, sadly, the draft is our only hope.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Does nobody understand what it takes to win in the NBA? This "slow build", this and that, it's all fine and dandy. You need a top 10 player in the NBA, and then you need a top 20 support player and top 30 support-support player. Or in rare cases like the early 90's Pistons and 2000's Pistons, in which case they had no top 10 player but teams of all stars. The Raptors are a LONG way from that. Rudy Gay would be a good 3rd option, Valanciunas will probably develop into a good 3rd option, but we have zero true franchise guys and unless we draft one, we ain't getting it either.

Remember the last time we came close to the final four? We drafted a "near" franchise player, then he bolted. Bosh was, as we all now see, a good #3 option. In other words, sadly, the draft is our only hope.
    We should get a franchise player like Keon Clark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    We should get a franchise player like Keon Clark
    Or just be a fan with blinders, and keep talking about Derozan practicing his 3's and the "development" of Terrence Ross.

10. Like Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Val has All-Star potential (Think Roy Hibbert made it, Val has a better potential)
    Rudy Gay is border line All-Star
    Demar is top 10 SG
    Lowry has top 15 PG skills
    Amir is Amir

The lineup is top 5 lineup last year and is very young with not a single one in their primes as of yet.
    It needs support, not a makeover.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Or just be a fan with blinders, and keep talking about Derozan practicing his 3's and the "development" of Terrence Ross.
    or just be a negative fan who views the entire team as scrubs

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a cynical optimist

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still say we are one all-star/ borderline allstar PF away from being a contender. We have the assets, go get one. I think we were a 8th seed last year, had we traded for Rudy prior to the start of last season. We are probably an 7-6th seed now, and with one more piece, we are top 4. With the youth this team has, we can be relevant (1-4 in the East) for 5-10 years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I still say we are one all-star/ borderline allstar PF away from being a contender. We have the assets, go get one. I think we were a 8th seed last year, had we traded for Rudy prior to the start of last season. We are probably an 7-6th seed now, and with one more piece, we are top 4. With the youth this team has, we can be relevant (1-4 in the East) for 5-10 years
    But how do you go from division champion, to NBA champion? Because once we achieved finishing 3rd or 4th year in year out, it won't be enough. Right now in the NBA, maybe 2 or 3 teams have a shot at the title, and without injury, Miami has probably a better than 60% chance of winning. Which is to say, you can be so close, yet so far in this league.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying it's going to be this year or next, but this team is young and can still get better. Even if they don't win a championship, it's still better to be a fan of a team that is mentioned in the race. If they had a finals appearance or constantly played in the Conference Finals it still creates an identity of winning and being competitive. To constantly rebuild, and putting your faith in drafting a franchise player could be devastating for this franchise. I'm sick of rebuilding. We have good players, and assets, let's make a run.

17. Like enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    After reading that article, Casey has a clean slate with me.

Sounds like he is a good soldier and giving another example of solid character not taking the hatchet to Colangelo - especially when he probably has just cause/reason.

I'm all for putting defense first but hopefully the offense consists more of, "DeMar, your turn" & "Rudy, your up."
    can I please assume you meant to say "than"?

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The best we can ever hope for is a second round exit. Lebron isn't going to retire any time soon.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading that article, Casey has a clean slate with me.

Sounds like he is a good soldier and giving another example of solid character not taking the hatchet to Colangelo - especially when he probably has just cause/reason.

I'm all for putting defense first but hopefully the offense consists more of, "DeMar, your turn" & "Rudy, your up."
    thats why the hired nick nurse

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    or just be a negative fan who views the entire team as scrubs
    Can you blame him? The team is scrubs..I realize you're a die hard. But, look at it from a casual POV.

You've got Gay

Posssibly, Ross and Derozan for their participation in the dunk contest.

Everybody else is no name(including Valanciunas)
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

so does this mean we are tanking this year for sure ?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

But Parker, Gordon, Randle, Harrison 1, Harrison 2, Exum, Selden, Smart, Exum, Hairston, and Micic, to name a few, are all exciting prospects as well.

#MultiplePicks
    The first 4 you named plus wiggins and smart are the elite 6. Gordon is Griffin 2.0 I'd go 0-82 for the guy

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TL - "Hi I'm Tim Leiweke, and these are my balls." *unzips his fly, takes out his testicles, and rests them on your desk*
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

25. Like ceez, Fully, Axel, mcHAPPY liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information