Are We Still Blaming Colangelo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We Still Blaming Colangelo??

This team has sucked for the majority of it's existence. Colangelo hasn't been here the whole time. It's the losing environment and the impatience of Toronto..of Ontario..even of Canada. It's that MLSE is(was?)viewed, first and foremost as a business. As long as it's making money, why change anything? Sort of the if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Colangelo seemed to twist and turn and change directions like every year. That's not normal..

It's going to take a strong-minded individual that will stick to their guns and someone who has a high tolerance and patience level. Someone who's goal and only goal is to win and do whatever it takes to achieve that.

Based on that other thread with the Leiweke interview article, he sounds like just the individual described above.

The only question is if he crumbles under the pressure..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

When the season closed Colangelo had his stamp on every player on roster. He is responsible for that roster so if fans want to blame him for the current rendition of the Toronto Raptors and their failures then they are correct to do so.

Comment

His vision was a failure, yet he was not willing to agree to the public that his decisions were not sound.

This not only made him look conceited, but it made us question is capacity to function as a good GM/Pres.

He ultimately led to his own demise.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          This team has sucked for the majority of it's existence. Colangelo hasn't been here the whole time. It's the losing environment and the impatience of Toronto..of Ontario..even of Canada. It's that MLSE is(was?)viewed, first and foremost as a business. As long as it's making money, why change anything? Sort of the if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Colangelo seemed to twist and turn and change directions like every year. That's not normal..

It's going to take a strong-minded individual that will stick to their guns and someone who has a high tolerance and patience level. Someone who's goal and only goal is to win and do whatever it takes to achieve that.

Based on that other thread with the Leiweke interview article, he sounds like just the individual described above.

I think since the bold will always be true, we can always blame him.

I mean, things can go badly even with the best laid plans. BEST LAID PLANS. Colangelo never really had any plan whatsoever. So if things can go badly with even the best laid plans, how the fuck are they supposed to ever go well with no real plan?

Comment

yes we are. can I close this thread now?
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

The long version:

Apollo wrote: View Post
              When the season closed Colangelo had his stamp on every player on roster. He is responsible for that roster so if fans want to blame him for the current rendition of the Toronto Raptors and their failures then they are correct to do so.
              The short version:

Yes.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                hey atleast this is one of the few threads in RR history that will probably end up with above 90% consensus

Comment

first of all the roll of BC and leiweke aren't even the same. So I'm not sure why you're comparing them. Secondly, colangelo DID stick to his guns (re: waiting for bargnani to break out) right to the end.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    Yes.
                    This is the correct answer.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      first of all the roll of BC and leiweke aren't even the same. So I'm not sure why you're comparing them. Secondly, colangelo DID stick to his guns (re: waiting for bargnani to break out) right to the end.
                      Not comparing them. I'm saying your blaming Colangelo, when it's ownership and fans that were/was the real issue..Colangelo was the scape goat. Before him it was Triano and before him it was Mitchell and prior it was Babcock..etc.,etc..

thead wrote: View Post
                      As soon as you close the 25 page one about a guy who failed his physical and the one about Aaron Gray getting engaged and so on..
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Not comparing them. I'm saying your blaming Colangelo, when it's ownership and fans that were/was the real issue..Colangelo was the scape goat. Before him it was Triano and before him it was Mitchell and prior it was Babcock..etc.,etc..

As soon as you close the 25 page one about a guy who failed his physical and the one about Aaron Gray getting engaged and so on..
                        I have no idea what you are referring to. It's the fans fault that the team isn't good?

And isn't this thread really just a continuation of the Leiwenke article? Your opinion is valued, but it doesn't need its own thread.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

He brought it on himself. He's going to continue being blamed for as long as this roster is together and even after that we're still going to be talking about the shitty Colangelo Era lol
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Time to get over it and move on.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              I have no idea what you are referring to. It's the fans fault that the team isn't good?

And isn't this thread really just a continuation of the Leiwenke article? Your opinion is valued, but it doesn't need its own thread.
                              Neither does half the shit on the board..but, it's the off-season and there ain't much else to talk about.

I'm referring to toronto sports fans. They're awful. They don't know what they want..itwas brang up in the other thread, when posters were saying "does toronto deserve a pro basketball(hockey) team?"

Comment

Working...
                              X