No announcement yet.

Are We Still Blaming Colangelo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He signed Landry Fields....... thats a pretty big zit on an otherwise pretty cute girl at the moment. Ujiri doesnt want to risk scarring with a pop so for the moment has appliest toothpaste over it and is waiting for it to heal naturally via we package his ass ot of town in a coming deal.

Comment

Fields was the hot new girl when he was a rookie. Knicks changed and so did his role. So, Colangelo took a gamble on a change of scenery. Year one hasn't done much. But, see what year two might bring. I really could not give less of a fuck about what he's getting paid.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        Fields was the hot new girl when he was a rookie. Knicks changed and so did his role. So, Colangelo took a gamble on a change of scenery. Year one hasn't done much. But, see what year two might bring. I really could not give less of a fuck about what he's getting paid.
        The signing wasn't bad, the amount of money was. Change of scenery and role can work wonders, but no need to overpay that much.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          The signing wasn't bad, the amount of money was. Change of scenery and role can work wonders, but no need to overpay that much.
          You have to overpay RFA or there's just no point..
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

No you don't. You don't "have to" do anything.

From a point of simplicity the option to not sign a RFA (in this case Fields) is always there.

He in no way HAD TO overpay. He chose to because he felt in some way doing so Fields was worth it (whether it was to block a Nash deal in NY, or because he felt Fields as a player was worth it, or both).
            Last edited by Craiger; Fri Jul 19, 2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post

From a point of simplicity the option to not sign a RFA (in this case Fields) is always there.

He in no way HAD TO overpay. He chose to because he felt in some way doing so Fields was worth it (whether it was to block a Nash deal in NY, or because he felt Fields as a player was worth it, or both).
              Yes, you have to. Don't tell me that you don't.

Comment

In the case of Fields, he didn't have to. He could have signed him for 1$ and New york wouldn't have been able to use him in a sign and Trade.

Comment

add Triano to the list of coaches that Bryan Colangelo manipulated and was forced to play guys he had no interest in playing at times he had no interest in playing them.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post

You're not addressing the point that was made. You refer to the choice to go after a RFA or not, but the post was saying that if you choose to go after a RFA, you have to overpay, or "there's just no point" (because the current team will match).

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                      In the case of Fields, he didn't have to. He could have signed him for 1$ and New york wouldn't have been able to use him in a sign and Trade.
                      lol, yeah, Fields would have signed for $1 too!!

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                        lol, yeah, Fields would have signed for $1 too!!
                        You always seem to pick that one insignificant detail and try to use that to discredit a point. Considering there is a league minimum, this was obviously an exaggeration. The point still stands, to prevent a sign and trade of Nash to the Knicks, all you needed was his signature, 6.5 Million a year for someone about to sit on the knicks bench wasn't necessary anyway you slice it.
                        Last edited by Dino4life; Fri Jul 19, 2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I am and I did.

Colangelo chose to. Its that simple.

Comment

You don't have to pay $6.5M to a guy coming off a season where he shot 25.6% for the 3PT line and 56% from the Free Throw line.

If you are making this move to block the Steve Nash sign and trade, you don't need a specific amount to get it done, any amount would be sufficient. Based on Fields production, he was likely worth between $2M-$3M per season, so $4M would have been an acceptable 'over-pay', but $6.5M was just Colangelo-esque.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Plus we are going to be paying Landry Fields $9 million in the final year of his deal (2015)....that's make DeRozan look like a steal at $9.5!!!

Comment

The splendid arguments and excellent use of logic in your posts never seize to amaze me.

Comment

Working...
                                X