Kendall Marshall...go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He has only had one year in the NBA and is just 21 years old.

Surely this is a skill he can learn and become quite proficient at.
    I'm not sure if this is sarcasm from the DeRozan thread.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure if this is sarcasm from the DeRozan thread.
      It is.

I apologize.

But if it is good for the goose it should be good for the gander too and most of the examples of players adding a 3pt shot to their game after a few years in the league are actually PGs.

Comment

The reason I said Ross is because I'm wonder what THEY want. Why would the Suns want Kleiza or Q-Rich or any of the awful players that we don't want, it's not like Marshall is getting paid out the ass and they need to get rid of him.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I was a big fan of Marshall in last year's draft, but didn't think he was worth such a high draft pick. I still like him as backup pass-first PG.

Option #1: Kleiza --> Marshall

Option #2: Kleiza & Fields --> Butler & Marshall

I might even throw in a late 2nd round pick (ie: the lower of TOR/NYK 2017 2nd round pick).

EDIT: this is all predicated by the lack of an official Kleiza amnesty announcement
          Straight up 2nd round pick. Nothing more. That's about what is value is. Just potential to be a good back-up. We have two in 2014, PHX needs picks to improve there foundation. Everyone wins.

Comment

I'm a HUGE fan of Marshall. Great passer, playmaker, leader. Not sure who we can give up for him though.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
              Straight up 2nd round pick. Nothing more. That's about what is value is. Just potential to be a good back-up. We have two in 2014, PHX needs picks to improve there foundation. Everyone wins.
              We're over the cap, so salaries have to match within 125%. He's making $2,005,560 this year, so we'd have to send out at least $1,604,448 in salary to get him in return. Only trades that work are Terrence Ross (we say no), Aaron Gray (they say no), or Q-Rich + Acy (both teams likely say no). Maybe if draft picks changed hands as well, but I don't see this as a very likely scenario.

Comment

Not sure we can get him for a second rounder for money reasons, can we? I'd do it in a hot second though. I understand the apprehension here. His shooting deficiencies are huge, and make him less attractive to most teams. But he fits MU's mo. And he has got to be better than buycks...seriously who the hell is that guy. I just think he'd be the perfect buy low, loads of potential, change of pace backup point guard we should be looking at. Who else are we seriously looking at?
                Welp, that sucked.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  I'm a HUGE fan of Marshall. Great passer, playmaker, leader. Not sure who we can give up for him though.
                  You forgot bad handles, Kwame Brown offensive talent, As strong as a 2 month old toddler. PHX knows hes a bust and are just trying to sell him high

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    It is.

I apologize.

But if it is good for the goose it should be good for the gander too and most of the examples of players adding a 3pt shot to their game after a few years in the league are actually PGs.
                    And when was the last time I threw you a snot nosed sucker punch? Your last time, I asked if that's what you wanted, but you said no. Yet here "we" go gandering along. I can play the sarcasm prick pretty good too.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                      I can play the sarcasm prick pretty good too.
                      *sarcastic

now THAT is how you troll someone.

What are you guys arguing about anyway I read it as a sarcastic joke, not a sarcastic prick joke. He even admitted that PGs tend to be the one that do add the distance shooting to their skills. Jason Kidd and Derrick Rose come to mind
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Him and Buycks would be quite complimentary, in terms of play style Casey can turn to off the bench. Wouldn't want to give up a whole lot, though. Perhaps 2 future 2nd rounders, maybe the knick ones from the Primo deal?

Comment

Marshall& Frye for Fields, Gray and a 2nd

Comment

I can't figure out why people are high on Marshall? Sure he could pass the ball in college, but have you seen him play in the NBA?

If Marshall's ever going to be good in this league, it's not going to be that good, and he's probably going to wash out soon enough with his total lack of a shot and athleticism. Don't think the Raptors should do anything to get him, or that he's worth any asset at all. I wouldn't trade a TPE for Marshall....could be more useful as part of a better trade later.

Comment

Marshall sat on the bench virtually the whole season. The old "watch and learn" development philosophy. Essentially, Toronto would be getting a real point guard for very little, one with good upside as a facilitator, and a decent shooter, though due to lack of footspeed, he will always be a liability on the defensive side. In balance, a very good pickup if Masai can manage it.

Thanks for the welcome given here yesterday!

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                                And when was the last time I threw you a snot nosed sucker punch? Your last time, I asked if that's what you wanted, but you said no. Yet here "we" go gandering along. I can play the sarcasm prick pretty good too.
                                Not a sucker punch. If you interpreted that way, so be it. I'd look at it more like a tongue in cheek reply. Think about it, your reply makes no sense I can think of if you believe DeRozan can add a 3 pt shot to his game.

I'd like to hear the rationale behind why Marshall with just 48gms, 3 starts, 701mins, 1 year NBA experience, and 22 in August can't add a 3pt shot to his game while DD with 304gms, 292 starts, 9728mins, 4 years NBA experience, and 24 in August can add a 3pt shot to his game.

Comment

Working...
                                X