Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Try to make a team for less than Gilbert Arenas' $22M Salary!

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    You are over the limit with just LeBron + Valanciunas. :P
    Really? Thought lebron didnt max himself out. Sorry, replace valanciunas with 4 year undrafted college player making the minimum.

    We still make the finals.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Really? Thought lebron didnt max himself out. Sorry, replace valanciunas with 4 year undrafted college player making the minimum.

    We still make the finals.
    He didn't. Maybe, it was backloaded or something.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Really? Thought lebron didnt max himself out. Sorry, replace valanciunas with 4 year undrafted college player making the minimum.

    We still make the finals.
    You won't make the Finals with just LeBron and 4 rookie scrubs, who do you think he is, Chuck Norris?

    PS: LeBron isn't making max. He's still making quite a bit, though.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Making 22 million in Orlando?... wasn't the last time he played for a team in 2012 for Memphis? He's not even on their roster anymore.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Making 22 million in Orlando?... wasn't the last time he played for a team in 2012 for Memphis? He's not even on their roster anymore.
    Amnesty effect.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Making 22 million in Orlando?... wasn't the last time he played for a team in 2012 for Memphis? He's not even on their roster anymore.
    Yes, the last time he played was with Memhis. But, he was waived by Orlando and signed a separate deal with Memphis. Orlando still paying him. Memphis not.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's a pretty sweet deal for someone who's career has hit rock bottom lol

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Well, it depends if you are projecting the future or looking at right now based on the previous season. Jonas is not a good defensive player right now, he's far below average....
    I think you could make an argument on that. I haven't checked his game numbers but I believed he improved tremendously on defense from the start of the season to the end. So if you are going by right now, you have to consider his defensive ability based on an assessment of the last 15 - 20 games of the season. I don't believe you could say Drummond improved as significantly on D from start of the season to the end.

    In addition, JV has a pretty efficiency with his shot. When I checked hoopdata, he didn't show at all until you adjusted for player averaging less than 25 minutes per game (he was certainly hurt by his early foul trouble and light use coming off injuries) but when his numbers came up he was, I think, 9th for true shooting efficiency. Could be wrong.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    I think you could make an argument on that. I haven't checked his game numbers but I believed he improved tremendously on defense from the start of the season to the end. So if you are going by right now, you have to consider his defensive ability based on an assessment of the last 15 - 20 games of the season. I don't believe you could say Drummond improved as significantly on D from start of the season to the end.

    In addition, JV has a pretty efficiency with his shot. When I checked hoopdata, he didn't show at all until you adjusted for player averaging less than 25 minutes per game (he was certainly hurt by his early foul trouble and light use coming off injuries) but when his numbers came up he was, I think, 9th for true shooting efficiency. Could be wrong.
    Jonas has high efficiency but he's a low usage player, a role player. So it's a nice aspect but it doesn't make him a better offensive player than some of the centers mentioned earlier in this thread. That's last year. This year, who knows, maybe it will all be different, maybe he'll manage to be both efficient and high usage. We have to see how his added strength translates to the NBA level --- we could have a better grasp after the Euro tournament, if Marc Gasol, Noah, Pekovic, Vucevic, Kaman, etc are playing there.

    Defensively, Drummond was much better last year purely because of his physical dominance combined with aggression. Like Jonas, he wasn't the smartest defender, which is normal for a rookie; he was just much more developed physically and more athletically gifted. Jonas has a ton of that same type of attitude and toughness, and now he may or may not have enough strength to be a legit presence. I don't think Jonas projects as a better defender than Drummond long term, but I do think Jonas will be a good defender. The question is when.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •