Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: One Thing We All Have In Common Is Frustration!

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1) This is BY FAR the most civilized forum I've ever posted to regularly. It's also one of the main reasons I post here.

    2) I have notice more snarkyness among posters lately. I tried to put my finger on it and only difference i've noticed is that people are using shit instead of sh!t or s%t and fuck instead f$@k, fawk or eff. (I've been guilty of this as well).

    Even though we all know what is meant or implied when someone uses a euphemism, using the uncensored curse words to seem to add that extra bit of emotion or perceived disrespect. So change that fuck into faq and I think the tone to revert to its regular amount of disrespect.

    But that's just one @$$hole's opinion, and if you don't like you can stick a @!#$ up your ^&@ and eff yourself with it until you #$(beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!) ^%@$!!! #$% $@#^$%&@# % %$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  2. #22
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We have it pretty good here with the lack of drama amongst one another. I've been doing message boards/forums since '99 and being here is refreshing. There is alot of respect for each another, but as the site grows you will get those bad apples from time to time that will stir things up. It's inevitable. That's not always bad though. Helps keep the staff on their toes here and prevents complacency.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    We have it pretty good here with the lack of drama amongst one another. I've been doing message boards/forums since '99 and being here is refreshing. There is alot of respect for each another, but as the site grows you will get those bad apples from time to time that will stir things up. It's inevitable. That's not always bad though. Helps keep the staff on their toes here and prevents complacency.
    Your avatar is absolutely awesome.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  4. Like Dr. James Naismith liked this post
  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    We have it pretty good here with the lack of drama amongst one another. I've been doing message boards/forums since '99 and being here is refreshing. There is alot of respect for each another, but as the site grows you will get those bad apples from time to time that will stir things up. It's inevitable. That's not always bad though. Helps keep the staff on their toes here and prevents complacency.
    It's true. I ocassionally check out the IMDb forums. Man, those are baad..it's like every nut case on the internet goes there.

    Here is way different. It's pretty good. But, tensions seem to be a bit high recently. As for the bad apples, I definitely used to be one, not sure if I still am, I try to tone it down. But, I'm sure things will calm once the direction of the team is known.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  6. #25
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I think we can all agree that my opinion is always the correct one. I mean if we are being honest here.
    I don't want to get an infraction so I'll have to agree.

  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey, at least there's still good conversation! Since this is relatively my first offseason on the board (wasn't active last summer), I thought it was going to be a lot less busy. Boy was I wrong.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  8. #27
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Here is way different. It's pretty good. But, tensions seem to be a bit high recently. As for the bad apples, I definitely used to be one, not sure if I still am, I try to tone it down. But, I'm sure things will calm once the direction of the team is known.
    Didn't I ban you over at RaptorsForum a couple times a few years ago?

  9. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Didn't I ban you over at RaptorsForum a couple times a few years ago?
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  10. #29
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Must be confusing you with someone else then. My bad.

  11. #30
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Must be confusing you with someone else then. My bad.
    Yeah, definitely confusing me with someone else. I have no idea what this raptorsforum is..is it a type of cheese?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  12. #31
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Yeah, definitely confusing me with someone else. I have no idea what this raptorsforum is..is it a type of cheese?
    You could say so.

    Nah, another solid Raptors message board that I frequented years ago.

  13. #32
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    You could say so.

    Nah, another solid Raptors message board that I frequented years ago.
    Oh, ok. Interesting and their was another LBF there?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  14. #33
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Oh, ok. Interesting and their was another LBF there?
    Yuppers.

  15. #34
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Yuppers.
    I believe he also may have gone by the alias B-rad for a short while as well, no?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  16. #35
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I believe he also may have gone by the alias B-rad for a short while as well, no?
    Yuppers. That was him.

  17. #36
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Yuppers. That was him.
    Yep. Definitely not me. Can't say I've ever heard of him before. Probably crawled up under a rock somewhere and died. Good riddance, I say.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  18. Like p00ka liked this post
  19. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,742
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Yep. Definitely not me. Can't say I've ever heard of him before. Probably crawled up under a rock somewhere and died. Good riddance, I say.
    i didn't realize the sarcasm till this post lol
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  20. #38
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    After recently picking up my frequency on this particular board, I've gotten into and noticed a lot of arguments. Whether it's the "rebuilders vs. retoolers" or other things.

    The one thing I've come to notice that I believe we can all agree upon is one word..

    FRUSTRATION!
    18 years. 1 playoff series win. Nuff said.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  21. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i didn't realize the sarcasm till this post lol
    What sarcasm?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •