Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 105

Thread: Andrew Wiggins says he wants to play for Raps

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    the RFA thing would mean that he could take the qualifying offer and be a UFA after year 5. As long as he doesn't sign an offer sheet, there is nothing to match.
    Or if he wanted to make money, he could still sign a one year offer sheet, said team matches, he becomes a UFA.

  2. #62
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    He could be known as "Maple Jordan"
    *scratches out notes*

    Well that's better than "Aunt Jemima Jordan"...

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Possibility of Wiggins pulling the ultimate bitch fit like Steve Francis and get his way to the Raps? lol

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    He could be known as "Maple Jordan"
    hah.

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Possibility of Wiggins pulling the ultimate bitch fit like Steve Francis and get his way to the Raps? lol
    Zero chance. He may want to play for the Raptors, but I don't think he has the heart to turn down any other team.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The likelihood of him pulling a Lindros, Elway, etc. is minimal.

    However, let's not scoff at this and believe it will never happen.

    This could increase the potential of future trades.

    Rival GM's catch wind of this story and they get to thinking that maybe, they can try and take advantage. If you're a contender trying to win now, somehow you end up with the number one pick, you get the raptors and another team involved and maybe flip the pick to the raps and you get Gay and maybe another good player or two..

    It's still unlikely unless Wiggins stock drops and a couple other things as mentioned have to happen..But, it's still more likely than Wiggins gambling his career before it's even begun.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  7. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    got about halfway through page 3 and had to stop reading. Great to hear that he would love to get drafted by the raps... but just think of the odds and then all the things that could go wrong... I start thinking about it when we trade some talent from the roster.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  8. #68
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    The likelihood of him pulling a Lindros, Elway, etc. is minimal.

    However, let's not scoff at this and believe it will never happen.

    This could increase the potential of future trades.

    Rival GM's catch wind of this story and they get to thinking that maybe, they can try and take advantage. If you're a contender trying to win now, somehow you end up with the number one pick, you get the raptors and another team involved and maybe flip the pick to the raps and you get Gay and maybe another good player or two..

    It's still unlikely unless Wiggins stock drops and a couple other things as mentioned have to happen..But, it's still more likely than Wiggins gambling his career before it's even begun.
    How bad would you want him? If the team asked for JV and Ross plus an unprotected #1, would you do it?

  9. #69
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    How bad would you want him? If the team asked for JV and Ross plus an unprotected #1, would you do it?
    Depends on what my scouts and staff can tell me about all three players and then what I thought about them. Then, I'd do a little math; some calculations and such.

    Then I'd just throw all that shit out the window and go with my gut. Which my guy says...

    Yes. Yes, I do the trade.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  10. #70
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    He could be known as "Maple Jordan"
    That nickname has been around for a few years and Wiggins doesn't like it. He even has a great comeback when people mention it. He says he's not from Maple, he's from Vaughn. lol. Probably only GTA'ers will get this.

  11. #71
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    That nickname has been around for a few years and Wiggins doesn't like it. He even has a great comeback when people mention it. He says he's not from Maple, he's from Vaughn. lol. Probably only GTA'ers will get this.
    Who likes their nickname? Unless it's self-proclaimed..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  12. #72
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Who likes their nickname? Unless it's self-proclaimed..
    *cough* black mamba *cough*

  13. #73
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    *cough* black mamba *cough*
    Who came up with that?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  14. #74
    Raptors Republic Rookie Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd give anyone or everyone on the Raptors away to get him, though JV would be awfully hard to part with.
    If Masai gets him, we build a statue of him and Wiggins (if he lives up to the hype) in front of the ACC.

  15. #75
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    That nickname has been around for a few years and Wiggins doesn't like it. He even has a great comeback when people mention it. He says he's not from Maple, he's from Vaughn. lol. Probably only GTA'ers will get this.
    That nickname won't stick if he actually becomes good, you can't have your nickname reference someone else unless it's in mockery. Even Air Canada Carter became Vinsanity.

  16. #76
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Zero chance. He may want to play for the Raptors, but I don't think he has the heart to turn down any other team.
    Or, more appropriately, Wiggins does not have the lack of heart that is necessary to pull a Steve Francis.
    Last edited by Red and White; Thu Jul 18th, 2013 at 06:09 PM.

  17. #77
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Wiggins will become a national hero if he ever pulled a stunt like that. I think he might even surpass the 'Great One'.
    Heresy

  18. #78
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  19. #79
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Nicely done.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  20. #80
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Nicely done.
    @ theScore

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •