• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Nice teaser.

Comment

d749 wrote: View Post
      Would it be taking this whole situation too far if we were to come up with something collectively as a group with reason why we want wiggins in Toronto to the send to him on twitter multiple times??
      This may be a joke but please don't do this people.

Forget all the hype, forget all the articles and realize that he is still a kid. And with all the pressure he already has to face he really shouldn't have to put up with being bombarded on the internet by fans wanting him to pull an asshole move like refusing to play for certain teams before he's even put on an NBA jersey.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        No it wouldn't be taking things too far, however I suggest it be sent to Ujiri and not Wiggins.
        And just for shits and gigs. Send it to bill Cosby as well.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Not one Team in the NBA gives a shit what Wiggans wants. He has no chance to play in Toronto for a LONG time unless the new Super GM can convince someone on draft night to trade for the top pick.

So, so long JV.

You will not see any other scenario, period.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            Not one Team in the NBA gives a shit what Wiggans wants. He has no chance to play in Toronto for a LONG time unless the new Super GM can convince someone on draft night to trade for the top pick.

So, so long JV.

You will not see any other scenario, period.
            It may actualy be more realistic than you think. Ujiri appears to be playing a waite and see approach, if the roster underperforms, then who blows shit up, we suck, and get to the top of the lottery.

Comment

Lefty wrote: View Post
              It may actualy be more realistic than you think. Ujiri appears to be playing a waite and see approach, if the roster underperforms, then who blows shit up, we suck, and get to the top of the lottery.
              There's a lot that has to go "right" as was mentioned before in order for the raps to get #1 pick
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Not just that but Wiggins is like how old right now? 18? His life is about to change in ways that nobody here can really fathom. What he says in any interview right now is out the door when he steps into the NBA spotlight. When ever he does become eligible to hit the free agent market he will have a completely different perspective on what he wants.
                this. how he feels now is in no way indicative of how he MIGHT feel many years from now...after he's spent those years in another city that will in short order become 'home,' even if it's some shit-hole outpost. even if the team that drafts him is horrible every year, he's going to develop connections with the city, team etc., that will whittle down his supposed 'desire' to play for the raptors/in TO. i would say that the likelihood that wiggins ever dons a home uni in TO at any point close to his prime (essentially, prior to age 36-ish) - if he's not drafted by them - is about 1%.

but hey, dream on.
                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  And just for shits and gigs. Send it to bill Cosby as well.
                  Well if you want shits and giggles you should send it..or anything to Gary Busey.

Comment

Well if you want shits and giggles you should send it..or anything to Gary Busey.
                    Haha. True

Comment

• I think we need to see this dude play college ball first.
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• AngryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        This is one of THE most sensible posts in this entire topic. He was asked one casual question and he responded by naming his hometown team and the team he grew up cheering for. People are analyzing his response way too much. Wiggins's mindset now will be WAY different than his mindset when/if he does become a FA. What if the team he does get drafted too has a stellar supporting cast? What if they are a contender and Toronto isn't? (At the hypothetical time when he is a FA) Point being, we should be appreciative for the fact that the hometown boy wants to play for the team and revisit this in the future if it happens. All these scenarios of him forcing teams to let him play in Toronto are just crazy.
                        blah blah blah blah blah blah

Not listening

Comment

• Wiggins will most likely be drafted by some crappy franchise that tanked to get him. Even with Wiggins, they'll be mediocre for a few seasons at least (he is not LeBron). Meanwhile, the Raptors should build a solid team around JV and preserve cap space for the first opportunity to snag Wiggins in free agency. If Wiggins sees that he can join another complementary young star (i.e. JV) in his hometown, I don't think it's so far-fetched to think he wouldn't abandon a crappy tanking franchise to join the Raptors.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                            Wiggins will most likely be drafted by some crappy franchise that tanked to get him. Even with Wiggins, they'll be mediocre for a few seasons at least (he is not LeBron). Meanwhile, the Raptors should build a solid team around JV and preserve cap space for the first opportunity to snag Wiggins in free agency. If Wiggins sees that he can join another complementary young star (i.e. JV) in his hometown, I don't think it's so far-fetched to think he wouldn't abandon a crappy tanking franchise to join the Raptors.
                            At last someone with logical thinking and seriously, lets see him play in college first.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              At last someone with logical thinking and seriously, lets see him play in college first.
                              Logical thinking is to snag him in free agency? That's as much of a dice roll as the draft :P

While we're at it, we might as well assemble picks to land as many players from Brampton as possible:
                              http://www.sportseh.ca/article/it-s-...ian-basketball

Then we can field a Jonas + All Canada Team!

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                                Logical thinking is no fun

Comment

Working...
                                X