No announcement yet.

[OLD THREAD] Andrew Wiggins says he wants to play for Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that Wiggins would want to represent Toronto and Canada. But I just think he's saying it because its the politically correct thing to say. Imagine if he said that he would prefer to play for NY or LA? Canadian fans have been talking about Wiggins for a few years now. It would be stupid to alienate a fan base by saying something else.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Perhaps he can pull an Elway or Lindos and refuse to sign for whomever drafts him........and request a trade to Raptors......it is nice to dream!
      Or Steve Francis!
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's actually a reverse Steve Francis.

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I would love to see him pull a reverse Steve Francis.
        Wait, is there an echo in here?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          It's actually a reverse Steve Francis.

Wait, is there an echo in here?
          Ohhhh, snap. Apollo is ice cold!
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            Parker has won at every level he's played at, is very versatile can play 3 positions and has a very high basketball IQ. I like the comparison to Grant Hill for him. I've yet to see Wiggins dominate at any high level of competition.
            Nike Hoops Summit Much? Wiggins is the real deal.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              I love that Wiggins would want to represent Toronto and Canada. But I just think he's saying it because its the politically correct thing to say. Imagine if he said that he would prefer to play for NY or LA? Canadian fans have been talking about Wiggins for a few years now. It would be stupid to alienate a fan base by saying something else.
              “If the NBA draft was tomorrow, which team do you think would be drafting you?”
              Wiggins isn't being asked which team he’d like to play for. He’s being asked which team has the best odds of getting him (the shittiest team). Instead of answering that, he says which team he wants to play for, which is us . No political correctness here.

Comment

Lefty wrote: View Post
                “If the NBA draft was tomorrow, which team do you think would be drafting you?”
                Wiggins isn't being asked which team he’d like to play for. He’s being asked which team has the best odds of getting him (the shittiest team). Instead of answering that, he says which team he wants to play for, which is us . No political correctness here.
                or he's answring both..
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

this quote has made my day.
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Lefty wrote: View Post
                    Nike Hoops Summit Much? Wiggins is the real deal.
                    Maybe, we weren't watching the same game..Wiggins seemed disinterested and Parker tried to carry his team as best he could.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Wiggins carried the 2012 team to a W with 20 points and 7 boards... And 17 and 9 in last year's tourney.. Not to shabby.

Comment

When I was younger my dad would buy my sister and I a lottery ticket once in a while and we'd always end up getting into a big fight over how we'd spend our winnings, and he'd just laugh at us.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                          That would be a terrible idea for him. Steve Francis sabotaged his career when he refused to play for Vancouver.

However, Wiggins stating he wants to play for the Raptors might drive his draft stock down a little, make him a #2 or #3 pick when he would otherwise be #1. It probably won't do much at all, though.
                          Why?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                            When I was younger my dad would buy my sister and I a lottery ticket once in a while and we'd always end up getting into a big fight over how we'd spend our winnings, and he'd just laugh at us.
                            Interesting story you got there.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              Maybe, we weren't watching the same game..Wiggins seemed disinterested and Parker tried to carry his team as best he could.
                              Wiggins seems disinterested because the game comes easy to seem. He's not disinterested, he's just a lot better than everyone else.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                                Is this like some sort of metaphorical reference to the NBA lottery and people arguing over who to draft? If not. I. . . what the fuck are you talking about? lol
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X