Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Wiggins says he wants to play for Raps

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    I'd rather him play and mature on another team and come when he is an all-star than grow up in Toronto and leave afterwards.
    This makes less sense than tanking to me. You pair him with JV as soon as JV's 3rd season...And given that most "home run" picks like Wiggins are expected to not need more than a year to adjust (and can still kill it in their rookie years), I think you want to give yourself the maximum championship window, and you could have a contender quite quickly, maybe by Wiggins 3rd or 4th season. Otherwise you could have to wait until Wiggins 8th season to get him, and then JV might be gone.

2. Like magoon liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Why? Especially for Parker....that one I really don't get.
    Parker has won at every level he's played at, is very versatile can play 3 positions and has a very high basketball IQ. I like the comparison to Grant Hill for him. I've yet to see Wiggins dominate at any high level of competition.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    This! Let another team sacrifice seasons to develop him then after his rookie contract get him to sign here.
    Except if he is worth signing whoever drafts him will match any offer.

It is either next year or in 8-9 years before he is available as a free agent.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Parker has won at every level he's played at, is very versatile can play 3 positions and has a very high basketball IQ. I like the comparison to Grant Hill for him. I've yet to see Wiggins dominate at any high level of competition.
    Have you been actively avoiding following Wiggins career? Have you also not noticed that Parker pretty much always gets dominated by Wiggins when they play against each other?

*I mean I'm sure Parker is a good player, but as it stands now, I can't see any way I could consider taking anyone over Wiggins. There'd have to be some serious chaos as guys hit college.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Jul 17th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Parker is not near the athlete of Wiggins.

Athleticism is not everything but it is a certainly a big SOMETHING especially at NBA level.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if he actually wants to play here he will come home one day guys when hes a free agent for sure MU will make it happen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    if he actually wants to play here he will come home one day guys when hes a free agent for sure MU will make it happen
    What makes you think MU will still be around?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    can't he just ditch the draft and become an UFA? then sign with the Raptors and everyone lives happily ever after... after we win 5 straight championships and the NBA shifts all the teams to Canada cause Canada rules.
    Nope. There are 4 ways to become a Rookie Free Agent (which is a different thing that being an Unrestricted Free Agent, but close enough).

- Be 26 or older
    - Declare for the draft and don't get drafted
    - Declare for the draft, get drafted, team that drafted you renounces their rights to you
    - Declare for the draft, refuse to sign a contract with the team that drafted you. You then may enter the following year's draft, as long as you do not play professional or college basketball in any capacity anywhere in the world for an entire year. (If you do play basketball professionally, even an exhibition game in the Phillipines or something, the team that drafted you retains your rights.) The following year, you can again refuse to sign a contract with the (new) team that drafts you, spend another year not playing any pro or college ball, and then for the following season you'll be a Rookie Free Agent. Needless to say, nobody does this.

Post Thanks / Like

well he dominated parker soooooo

but i am a big parker fan too. if even half of these guys come out next year it's still going to be a loaded draft.

that said, trading for 2015 picks wouldn't be dumb. there ARE going to be players who stay another year and there are more blue chip HS players joining the college ranks.

basically nothing bad every comes from getting more draft picks
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tkfu wrote: View Post
    Nope. There are 4 ways to become a Rookie Free Agent (which is a different thing that being an Unrestricted Free Agent, but close enough).

- Be 26 or older
    - Declare for the draft and don't get drafted
    - Declare for the draft, get drafted, team that drafted you renounces their rights to you
    - Declare for the draft, refuse to sign a contract with the team that drafted you. You then may enter the following year's draft, as long as you do not play professional or college basketball in any capacity anywhere in the world for an entire year. (If you do play basketball professionally, even an exhibition game in the Phillipines or something, the team that drafted you retains your rights.) The following year, you can again refuse to sign a contract with the (new) team that drafts you, spend another year not playing any pro or college ball, and then for the following season you'll be a Rookie Free Agent. Needless to say, nobody does this.
    Always a possibility with Wiggins.

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that Wiggins would want to represent Toronto and Canada. But I just think he's saying it because its the politically correct thing to say. Imagine if he said that he would prefer to play for NY or LA? Canadian fans have been talking about Wiggins for a few years now. It would be stupid to alienate a fan base by saying something else.

13. Like Sig, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Perhaps he can pull an Elway or Lindos and refuse to sign for whomever drafts him........and request a trade to Raptors......it is nice to dream!
    Or Steve Francis!
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually a reverse Steve Francis.

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I would love to see him pull a reverse Steve Francis.
    Wait, is there an echo in here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    It's actually a reverse Steve Francis.

Wait, is there an echo in here?
    Ohhhh, snap. Apollo is ice cold!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Post Thanks / Like

Nike Hoops Summit Much? Wiggins is the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I love that Wiggins would want to represent Toronto and Canada. But I just think he's saying it because its the politically correct thing to say. Imagine if he said that he would prefer to play for NY or LA? Canadian fans have been talking about Wiggins for a few years now. It would be stupid to alienate a fan base by saying something else.
    “If the NBA draft was tomorrow, which team do you think would be drafting you?”
    Wiggins isn't being asked which team he’d like to play for. He’s being asked which team has the best odds of getting him (the shittiest team). Instead of answering that, he says which team he wants to play for, which is us . No political correctness here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lefty wrote: View Post
    “If the NBA draft was tomorrow, which team do you think would be drafting you?”
    Wiggins isn't being asked which team he’d like to play for. He’s being asked which team has the best odds of getting him (the shittiest team). Instead of answering that, he says which team he wants to play for, which is us . No political correctness here.
    or he's answring both..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

this quote has made my day.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lefty wrote: View Post
    Nike Hoops Summit Much? Wiggins is the real deal.
    Maybe, we weren't watching the same game..Wiggins seemed disinterested and Parker tried to carry his team as best he could.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Wiggins carried the 2012 team to a W with 20 points and 7 boards... And 17 and 9 in last year's tourney.. Not to shabby.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information